News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Endgame weapon

Started by besttp, 11, December, 2011, 04:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite endgame weapon?

Atropos' Rod
Darksword
Excalibur
Tisiphone Edge
Lachesis' Rule
Atropos' Rod
Masamune

besttp

I just want to know, what's your favorite weapon.
For me, I choose Sol Blade. When combined with Valkrie Mail, Hyper Boots, Mythril Helm, and Riot Gloves, it's almost do 3x damage all the time.

Awec

Sol Blade all the way. I also like Gaia Blade, but that was pretty much useless in TLA since by the time you get it you have access to far better weapons. I was actually really disappointed there wasn't an Aqua Blade in Mercury Lighthouse, to 'complete the set'.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Aile~♥

Atropos' Rod. Because it looks cool and has a cool-looking unleash.

In Dark Dawn, my favourite weapons are the Verdant Sword, Sol Blade, and Herculean Axe. Emerald Blitz, Centurion, and Olympus Rage are freaking badace. Barrage is also one of my favourite unleashes in Dark Dawn.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Agreed with Jamie on that Verdant Sword.  I like it over the Tisiphone Edge in DD.

Kide

I personally prefer the Phaeton's Blade over the Verdant Sword. The unleashes are overall better, and there're only 3 of them, so the chance of gettin' Centurion is higher.

For TLA, I don't have a big favorite, but if I have to pick one it'll be the Masamune (animation-wise) and the Obvious Blade (power-wise).

besttp

Quote from: Kide on 14, December, 2011, 01:21:46 PM
I personally prefer the Phaeton's Blade over the Verdant Sword. The unleashes are overall better, and there're only 3 of them, so the chance of gettin' Centurion is higher.

For TLA, I don't have a big favorite, but if I have to pick one it'll be the Masamune (animation-wise) and the Obvious Blade (power-wise).

Huh? Obvious Blade? I never know about it. Sorry :Sweat:

Misery

Quote from: besttp on 16, December, 2011, 11:43:45 PM
Huh? Obvious Blade? I never know about it. Sorry :Sweat:
It's the Sol Blade, the most obvious weapon choice.

Kide

Ah, Misery, I had such a nice answer for that. Now you've ruined it. XD

But yeah, it is indeed the Sol Blade.

besttp

Quote from: Kide on 17, December, 2011, 11:08:16 AM
Ah, Misery, I had such a nice answer for that. Now you've ruined it. XD

But yeah, it is indeed the Sol Blade.

If Misery didn't answer me, what would you say?

Rolina

Quote from: Kide on 14, December, 2011, 01:21:46 PM

After looking this up, I had a total O.O moment.

Centurian is a 2.4x multiplier and has a chance to ignore 50% of the target's defense... and is Jupiter element, the most common weakness.  Meaning, in the end, it's more powerful than freaking megiddo.  Sol Blade, Phaeton's Blade, and Levatine all have these, and as such, are considered the big three of DD.

Aile~♥

Gale Force is surprisingly powerful at endgame, as well, considering how wimpy it is when you get the Magic Rod or whateveritscalled.

Rolina

Huh, actually Centurian falls within the realm of <2.55x multiplier, which is considered the upper limit we'll allow to some of us... it's the combo of the element and effect that really break it...  We're definitely gonna have to look at these closely and be careful with our approach...  Maybe effects should hold weight to them?  Different effects would be a different weight, and weight is subtracted from the multiplier value?

Dunno, really... either way, we're gonna have to be really careful with our abilities to make sure we don't overpower them.

Aile~♥

It's not as broken on most weapons in DD as it would be in GS2, seeing as DD gives each weapon with Centurion at least 3 unleashes. And with Light Surge and Combat Dance still being as wimpy as always, and Radiant Fire and Purgatory also being of mediocre attack power, it's not as nasty as you'd think. Though Radiant Fire IS multi-target, and the Sol Blade also has the overpowered Megiddo, and Centurion is the first Unleash the Sol Blade gets...

Rolina

That also means you can lock the Sol Blade into using Centurion.  All you have to do is unlock it, then just use a lesser weapon until it comes time for boss fight, then switch to Sol Blade.  With a perfect unleash setup, you'll always use Centurion.

zman9000

I picked Darkblade because I like its animation and how it slightly lags the gba and also it has the high base attack.

combined with my Isaac set, bonuses, and high attack based armor, and always having one character with booster spells.
I can pull off some awesome attacks
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Base Attack is good for LLGs and Call Dullahan, but that's about it.

Of course... It'd be cool to have Isaac with a "solar set" and Felix with a "lunar set".  Thematics for the win!

I should totally do that...  Make some thematic sets for everyone and play around with it...

zman9000

:Isaac: :Garet: :Ivan: :Mia: TEAM sol
:Felix: :Jenna: :Sheba: :Piers: TEAM luna

hmm could work.

btw Isaac has the highest base attack right? or was it Garet?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Felix has best attack over Isaac by 2 points, IIRC.
Garet has best defense, probably HP as well.
Ivan best speed, and I think best PP too.

zman9000

o yeah that's right.
I gave all the boost items from both gs1 & 2 to Isaac.

That explains why Isaac's attack and luck was so high... lol

Rolina

Yeah... don't do that.

Luck should go to whoever has the lowest for your class setup.  This is usually your Ninja or Chaos Lord.
Agility should go to whoever needs it.  This is usually either Base Class Garet or whoever has the lowest speed final class.
Attack should go to Garet, Jenna, or Piers.  Garet and Jenna because they could use a bit of a boost, Piers because he actually needs it.  NOT Isaac or Felix - they max out on their own!
Defense goes to Ivan and Sheba.
HP and PP go to whoever has the biggest deficit.