News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Newly Discovered Debug Menus

Started by Atrius, 07, July, 2009, 10:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Salanewt on 18, February, 2010, 10:26:08 PM
So, a menu is primarily accessed by a function, right? Are there functions for other menus in the game, perhaps even one or two beta menus?

Have a nice day.

You did read the first post in this topic, right?  What I said in my last post may have been misleading.  I wouldn't say that menu's are themselves a single function, but from what I've seen so far they do all seem to be opened by calling a function specifically for them.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Atrius (He/Him)

An algorithm is a chunk of code that processes data.  You can rewrite them to use a specific value instead of the values that are usually fed into them by the game, but that's not particularly useful since you're limiting what you can do with that algorithm then.  It may take more work, but you're better off editing the data itself.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Atrius (He/Him)

While looking through some of the code I spotted something that struck me as a little strange.  Upon further investigation I discovered that the oddity in question had to do with a debug mode that TLA has.

Code to activate it:
03001238:01

It doesn't seem to do a whole lot, so far I've only noticed that you can walk through walls as well as NPC's while holding the L button, and there are 3 new options in the start menu that don't actually seem to do anything.  Further investigation may be required to see whether the code for those 3 options still exists in the game.

Matrim

I did some lovely exploring with that code you gave and i found some interesting results.
1.  The beginning cut scene with them on the overmap is actually done by moving the camera. Throughout my travels north and west of gaia falls i found six or sever instances of that map with idjema in a slightly different place. I also found a few instances of the place where idjema hits whatever continent it hits and one of obviously the island just by itself.
2.  I also found lemuria off in its own little place up in the northeast, east of mars lighthouse.
3.  I don't remember if this happened in the game itself but when you stop moving the map swivels just a bit the direction depending on weather your looking right or left.
4. The color pallet used actually depends on where the character is. For example if you move too far away from prox or tundria they get the normal green grass pallet

Finally, has the world map ever been extracted from the game? i don't rememeber it in the map extraction zip.

Attacted are the pics i took while doing this

MaxiPower

Quote from: Matrim on 08, August, 2010, 10:19:16 AM
I did some lovely exploring with that code you gave and i found some interesting results.
1.  The beginning cut scene with them on the overmap is actually done by moving the camera. Throughout my travels north and west of gaia falls i found six or sever instances of that map with idjema in a slightly different place. I also found a few instances of the place where idjema hits whatever continent it hits and one of obviously the island just by itself.
2.  I also found lemuria off in its own little place up in the northeast, east of mars lighthouse.
3.  I don't remember if this happened in the game itself but when you stop moving the map swivels just a bit the direction depending on weather your looking right or left.
4. The color pallet used actually depends on where the character is. For example if you move too far away from prox or tundria they get the normal green grass pallet

Finally, has the world map ever been extracted from the game? i don't rememeber it in the map extraction zip.

Attacted are the pics i took while doing this

I knew... number 2... Using a walk through walls code I found it

Atrius (He/Him)

QuoteFinally, has the world map ever been extracted from the game?
I've ripped the whole world map before, and was aware of all of that.

#3, the view swivels as you start moving as well, that's just it going back into it's neutral position.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Apparently, that 03 code can do more...

L+Start = Palette Menu
B+Start = Warp Debug Menu
B+Select = Story Book Flags Menu.

Edit on Aug 9: Changed "ENTER" to "Start" (Accidentally typed the wrong word, also renamed "color changing" to "Palette Menu" and "Debug Menu" to "Warp Debug Menu")
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Ah, so that's how they accessed those menus, and I would guess that they did the fine-tuning for the background palettes in-game with the palette editor.  This debug mode is a very interesting find indeed.

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Oh yes, ... I have the Start button set on my Enter Key... (Ofcourse, Enter sounds more closely related to start than the others.)

L+Start
B+Start
B+Select

I forgot to fix it, thanks for the reminder...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

I have checked the original Golden Sun...  They have Debug Menus too..

03001F54:01

Start Menu: You see three more options, none of them work.

Rough Menu
Recover Test
Restart Quest

Holding L still makes you go through walls...

Start+Select still "pauses" must everything in the game.

B+Start has a Debug Menu like TLA's

B+Select has the Story Flags as well..

I have noticed on the world map, the sprite of Young Isaac appears only in grassy areas.
Also, conversations can have Young Isaac vand Young Garet instead of their older forms.

[spoiler="GS1: (2) - WORLD MAP:"]
00 - Vale
01 - Vale*
02 - Vale
03 - Vault (south)
04 - Goma Cave Entrance*
05 - Bilibin
06 - Bilibin Barricade (west)
07 - Kolima (west)*
08 - Kolima Forest
09 - Imil (south)*
10 - Mercury Lighthouse
11 - Kolima Bridge
12 - Fuchin Temple
13 - Mogall Forest (north)
14 - Xian
15 - Alipine Crossing (east)
16 - Altin
17 - Lama Temple*
18 - Lamakan Desert (east)
19 - Kalay (west)
20 - Kalay (south)
21 - Kalay Docks (south)
22 - Tolbi Docks
23 - Tolbi
24 - Atmiller Cave
25 - Gondowan Passage (north)
26 - Gondowan Cave (northeast)
27 - Suhalla (west)*
28 - Suhalla Desert (north)
29 - Suhalla Gate (south)
30 - Lalivero (south)
31 - Road to Babi Lighthouse
32 - Venus Lighthouse Entry (west)
33 - Gateway Cave
34 - Lunpa
35 - Bilibin Cave Entrance
36 - Vale
37 - Vale
38 - Kolima (east)*
39 - Imil (east)
40 - Goma Cave
41 - Gondowan Cave (southwest)
42 - Suhalla Gate (north)
43 - Mogall Forest (south)*
44 - Vault (north)
45 - Bilibin Cave (north, east of icon)
46 - Kolima Bridge (north)
47 - Bilibin Barricade (east)
48 - Bilibin Cave (north, south of icon)
49 - West Lunpa Cave
50 - Alpine Crossing (north)
51 - Alpine Crossing (west)
52 - Altin Peak
53 - Lamakan Desert (west)
54 - Gondowan Passage (south)
55 - Suhalla Desert (south)
56 - Suhalla (north)
57 - Suhalla (east)
58 - Kalay Docks (north)
59 - Lalivero (north)
60 - Kalay Tunnel Entrance
61 - Venus Lighthouse Entry (east)
62 - Vale
63 - Vale
64 - Outside of Vault Cutscene
65 - Ship sets sail (monsters)
66 - Ship sailing (monsters)
67 - Ship sailing (monsters)
68 - Ship sailing (boss fight)
69 - Ship sailing to Tolbi
70 - Ship entering Tolbi
71 - A ride from the cave to Kalay
72 - Idejima moving.... (cutscene of TLA)
73 - JVenus Lighthouse earthquake.
74 - Crossbone Isle (where the boat docks)
75 - Ship sailing to island (Crossbone Isle)
76 - Crossbone Isle (where the dungeon is)
77 - Crossbone Isle's Tornado
78 - (Gate to Suhalla)'s Sauctum
79 - Vale
80 - Idejima Cutscene of TLA
81 - Vale
82 - Vale
83 - Vale
84 - Vale
85 - Vale
86 - Vale
87 - Vale
88 - Vale
89 - Vale
90 - Mercury Lighthouse Beacon Lighting.
91 - Venus Lighthouse Beacon Lighting.
92 - Vale
93 - Vale
94 - Vale
95 - Vale
96 - Vale
97 - ?
98 - ?
99 - Kalay, but can't enter anything, nor are battles encountered.[/spoiler]

*may be redirected inside if using Young Isaac
?Random locations on the map?

Edit: I've accidentally double posted, though it has been four days and it didn't seem like this was posted yet, so hopefully it is okay.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

D2J

-Thanks To The Debug Menu, After You Beat The Final Boss You Will Be Able To Walk Around Right Before Your Supposed To Cast The Mars Star. Instead Of That You'll Want To Access The Debug Menu. If You Haven't Learned How There Are Tutorials Here(http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=178.msg3635#msg3635). And Then When You "Teleport" Off The Top Of The Lighthouse You Can Save The Game Again. The Only Place You Can't Save Is At Prox. I Would Know Cause I Tried. But The Thing Is Even Though You Didn't Throw In The Star, People Are Talkin' About How It Was Finally Lit. Cool right??? Yup. Only Problems Are That You Might Not Want To Go Back To Prox Because You'll End Up Ending The Game And That Your Now Alone As Felix But The Good Thing Is That...IDK. 0.0 There Aren't Any More Bosses To Fight. And I'm Alone. So Lonely. IDK If Anyone Has Found Out This Glitch Or Method Of Beating Game And Still Being Able To Play So I'm Just Gonna Claim It As Mine. I Have Attached A Picture Of My Recent Saved Game File So Here's Some Proof.

Crystal Sonata

Umm i cant seem the right values....Can someone make a patch with the debug menu changes in it?
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Pkmn-Master

Is a thread necessary for this?
You could've put it in the debug menu thread, that would've made more sense.

Anyway, that's a pretty cool idea, I'll be sure to try it sometime.

Oh and one more thing. Could you please just use a capital letter for the first letter of the first word in a sentence? It's just quite annoying, and it'll save you time with the shift button.

Pkmn-Master

I figured out that you can skip dialog by holding R while talking.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just tried it again and it didn't work.

Crystal Sonata

No seriously can someone please make me a patch with the debug menu in it???
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Charon

Quote from: Pkmn-Master on 04, January, 2011, 08:56:00 PM
Is a thread necessary for this?
You could've put it in the debug menu thread, that would've made more sense,
Topic merged

I don't think there's a patch out for that. Atrius might be able to make one but don't bug him on it, he's quite the busy guy.

Atrius (He/Him)

If you're using VBA you can just put in the code 03001238:01 to activate debug mode, and gain access to the menus.

Debug mode features:
- Hold L = Walk through anything
- L+Start = Palette Menu
- B+Start = Warp Menu
- B+Select = Flag Menu
- Start+Select = Pause Game

It also adds more options to the start menu that don't actually do anything.