News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

New here...

Started by Adrianna1442, 28, January, 2012, 04:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrianna1442

Umm... hi... i'm kind of new here...
A friend of mine found this site the other day and told me about it... it kind of sounded interesting, so i'm checking it out a bit...
i hope to make good friends with all of you here.

Um... so, how exactly do we do the whole 'hacking into the game' thing?

Kain

Hello and welcome to the forums.  Be sure to read the rules and enjoy your stay.  I am Kain, the Overlord of Comedy, a pleasure to make your laughter.  I'm also the resident GM.  I myself don't hack games so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.  >.<
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Aile~♥

Why, the answer is simple! You use the Golden Sun The Lost Age Editor! Actually, it edits both games in the series, despite the name. You can find it in the Golden Sun: The Lost Age Editor section. It's one of the stickied topics.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Hey, welcome! I told a few of my friends about this place, but they weren't very interested like you are...

As for hacking, the editor is a helpful tool for those wanting to do a few things - you should check it out. Of course, if you want to do some more manual work, you will probably need a hex editor like Translhextion or WindHex.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Welcome to the forum, have fun and be active ^_^

Kai Hong

Welcome! Have fun, and...well, basically what these guys said.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

zman9000

Welcome to the forum. Don't spam or double post. read the rules and have a good time.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kide

Hi there. Welcome to the forums. I guess I'm not too late since you didn't reply to the people above yet. ^_^

This is the place we all meet and try to be as happy as possible. (and I think Salanewt would agree with me here)

So... yeah, have fun here!

By the way, your screenname... strike me as a little odd. Must be that number... but that's fine.

And Jamie: probably you haven't realized, but you forgot to say hello to the lady. And I think I know why.

Aile~♥

What about me forgetting to say hi? Besides, you guys seem to have it covered.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello there.  We are totally freaked out that you actually finally found this site! Yay! Come often, we love you. Woohoo! I'm so excited! Naw, I'm too rude. Welcome to the forums. You hack by opening up a memory viewer and editing different things until you find something, ofcourse. Or if you are skilled, you take techniques like using the SDL-H version, searching for text, and other stuff, etc. Anyway, that's the way to do it without an editor.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

QuoteYay! Come often, we love you. Woohoo!
ah... I think you scared them away...

Quoteyour screenname... strike me as a little odd.
Quoteyou will probably need a hex editor like Translhextion or WindHex.
QuoteI am Kain, the Overlord of Comedy, a pleasure to make your laughter.
This would have scared me away back in the day.... especially if role had said one of these.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Misery

It seems more likely that she forgot this site existed after making her first post, to be honest.

zman9000

well thats the case 99% of the time, the other 1% is role scaring them away... you have heard my story about joining the site right..... lol

basicly i read all of roles posts before i joined... she came across as... ... well (I'm not going to lie and have nothing to lose so) a b*tch. and then the major fight, people being kicked me leaving jupiter.

Do i hate role? no. do i disslike her? no. I've gotten over it. but I have to say when I joined I was border lined on staying/leaving. lol

Misery

Well, she didn't even come around this time. Neither did I. Or even Tan. But it's said that the greatest fear is the fear of the unknown, so I guess talking about hex editors and debugger emulators first thing is pretty scary too.

Haha, I was pretty close to signing up here at the end of 2009 or something, more or less just to pick a fight with Role. Really disliked her attitude back then. Nowadays I've learned to read between the lines, and she's actually one of my favorite people on the site. Along with just about everyone else of you, of course.

Since Adrianna isn't around anymore, this topic is now about your opinion of Role.
*anticipates leaf coming to hate and Kain coming to lock*

zman9000

Yes well that is my fault... I mean look at my custom title... lol

"Destroyer of intro topic's" its kinda like my unofficial job now...

Kide

@zman: The reason I said it was odd was because of that number. If you managed to notice it, it's exactly the same as her profile ID. Like, Atrius's is 1, Teawater's is 2, and so on. That... can't really be only a coincidence, can it? By the way, weird that you, who is interested in those mysterious things, failed to get that.

Quote from: MiseryHaha, I was pretty close to signing up here at the end of 2009 or something, more or less just to pick a fight with Role. Really disliked her attitude back then. Nowadays I've learned to read between the lines, and she's actually one of my favorite people on the site. Along with just about everyone else of you, of course.
If you change 2009 to 2010 that's pretty much what I would have to say about people here. I just hope I can be more active and talkative to appreciate being here a little more. :appropriateemote:

By the way, Misery, I think you're the person here who I most tend to agree with, just to let you know.

(Hm... okay, maybe this should be locked after all...)

zman9000

QuoteI just hope I can be more active and talkative to appreciate being here a little more.

I know, there's to few who are really active. some days it's kinda dead here....

leaf

On the off chance adrianna is still around, hi and welcome.

Quote from: Misery on 13, February, 2012, 02:49:52 PM
Since Adrianna isn't around anymore, this topic is now about your opinion of Role.
*anticipates leaf coming to hate and Kain coming to lock*
In the (more likely) event that she isn't, *hatehate rantrant*
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kioll

I agree with Leaf on this.  If Adrianna is still around, hello, I'm Kioll, your friendly neighborhood nutjob.  If not, well, the "this topic is now about your opinion or Role" thing...  Is childish.  At best.  And while I would normally join in on the ranting one way or the other, I refuse to let a topic like this diminish my professionalism.  You may then ask yourself why I'm posting here...  And here's the answer.  Professionalism aside, I think Role's attitude needs fixing.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Aile~♥

SILENCE! This topic is now about the LEGEND OF ZELDA: 25th ANNIVERSARY CD.

That is all.

Also, poor defenseless intro topic. What did it ever do to us?

And I think at this point we've definitely scared her away.

@Kioll: Nutjobs aren't professional! It's inherent in their nature! Actually... You should change your custom title to "Professional Nutjob".