Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 28, 2017, 10:18:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Extended April Fools!  (Read 7133 times)
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 0

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« on: April 03, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »

I'm sure you all know of it now, but April Fools FINALLY ended in Charon-Time. I'm currently getting everything back up to normal.

A few things:

Luna The April Fools 2012 badge is still up! Feel free to buy it, since it'll be gone forever soon! (as in, at 9PM EST of TODAY soon!)
 Luna Anyone who had their name changed will be obtaining 5 coins! Whoohoo!
 Luna Anyone who was banned in any way will be obtaining an additional 3 coins!
 Luna Anyone who participated in either of these four threads: hOnK!, NEW THEME, WAR AGAINST TEMPLE OF KRADEN, Scientifiy PROOF that the Earth is flat! has received a special badge for having fun with us! Check it out on your profile!

Please please please! If you have any problems with anything, notify me in this topic so I can fix them! I might have an oversight or two, so forgive me! :)

EDIT: Since some people seemed to be worried about the issue, if you also would like your old avatar back, please post a request in this topic. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:23:30 PM by terminallyCapricious » Logged
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 17

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »

Oh Love, thanks for the coins. Even though you posted this thread, I'm surprised you didn't reveal the program you used yet. Hehe...

If I had wanted to. I could have created such a program myself quite easily in Visual Basic. chars A-Z are 41-5A and a-z are 61-7A. .. So you compare the charcode to check if it is one of those values. (Using inequalities.), then just go charcode And &HDF and then Or the position of the character (And 1)(<< 5).. which would determine if it is capital or not.

And surely you didn't mean it when you said I was pissing off everyone. http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/charleysdrpepper/bannedfromgshc.png - (Yes, I managed to screenshot this.) I believe it was only those couple:  You, and maybe leaf. Role ofcourse wanted this event over... and Salanewt, and many others (including me) may have thought it was going on for a bit too long as well. It's not good when a "joke" overstays its welcome. All you get is annoyance.

By the way, was I the only one who got "banned"? - When I said I'd PM everyone, I wasn't actually serious.  If I did, it'd only be those that I felt like telling...  And yes, Salanewt, in this case, would be my go-to person. Good thing I had access to him off-site, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:42:17 PM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »

I was pretty mad from how you were acting, I actually wanted to claim that it was a script we put in the PHP. I was actually thinking about building something that COULD force someone's posts to look in a peculiar manner, but I decided not to do it and did the conversion offsite. If you need further explanation, I don't mind answering any questions via PM, but your ban is different and I cannot go into details in thread. I can however tell you that it does not go against our current strike system we have in place.

If anyone really cares, the program is called "Troll Converter", I attached it to this post if anyone wants to use it. It converts your text into any of the 12 trolls from Homestuck. Convenient if you are trying to impersonate one...
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 4

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »

I'd like to say that this was a thoroughly enjoyable april fools. I think I might even keep this name for a while ;p

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Takumi
The Former Leader of Mercury
Mercury Clan

I am: meditating in water.
Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »

Charon please don't do this next year. I honestly wanted to kill you.

EDIT: Made to look nice since I posted using mobile with no caps or anything.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:55:46 AM by FrozenBlade » Logged

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »

Aye, there's a point where the joke stops becoming funny and you cross the line.

Don't do it again.

View Profile WWW
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

Clan Position: Luna Overlord

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »

I, for one, enjoyed myself.  A pity some of you don't have a sense of humor.

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »

You seriously banned people over that?! You know what... just, nevermind. My previous animosity towards you just came back with a vengeance. Talk about abuse of admin abilities. WTH, Charon.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Menaus
Sol Clan

Coins: 1

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »

I had tons of fun, thanks for doing everything necessary to make it all happen.

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:19:04 PM »

So, I just noticed that somewhere in there, I made my 1000th post. Well, whatever it was, I'm sure it was a good one. =p

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »

Well forgive me for not having a sense of humor after my cousin was murdered.  Clearly I had crossed the line when I didn't wanna have to deal with AFD bullshit after the funeral and thus didn't get online when I got home on Sunday.  Obviously I was in the wrong to expect AFD crap to stay on AFD. >_>

View Profile WWW
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

Well forgive me for not having a sense of humor after my cousin was murdered.  Clearly I had crossed the line when I didn't wanna have to deal with AFD bullshit after the funeral and thus didn't get online when I got home on Sunday.  Obviously I was in the wrong to expect AFD crap to stay on AFD. >_>

[10:42:35 AM] Prinny: Oh hell that sucks. Were you close?
[1:59:34 PM] Role: Not particularly.
[1:59:42 PM] Role: But... I'm not good with this stuff.
[1:59:57 PM] Role: I'm gonna have to go there, and instead of being happy to see all my relatives again...
[2:00:06 PM] Role: Pretend that i'm in mourning with them...
[2:00:08 PM] Role: I just...
[2:00:11 PM] Role: I'm not good with this kind of thing.
[2:00:17 PM] Role: It's awkward as hell...
[2:01:29 PM] Role: I mean... this weekend was supposed to be happy.

Forgive me if I don't buy any excuse other than you're annoyed by your cousins death.

View Profile
Menaus
Sol Clan

Coins: 1

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »

/start Role rage and drama across the forums. ;)

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla
View Profile
Takumi
The Former Leader of Mercury
Mercury Clan

I am: meditating in water.
Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 04:43:24 AM »

Kain.....I just lost all respect for you. Making jokes about someone losing a family member is NOT how a Global Moderator is supposed to act. I had 8 year old admins on my site more mature than that.

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 05:20:04 AM »

You think I'm joking?  That's a laugh.  How is anything in my comment a joke?  Seriously, give me an answer.  Also, which site are you talking about?  The clone of GSHC you made when you first arrived?  Why you have eight year old kids running it is beyond me, but I can garner a few guesses.

Honestly Frozen, hearing you say you have no respect for me is kind of relieving.  I have no respect for you either based on a lot of things you've done in the past.

View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 08:38:45 AM
Fox: The other theory is it could be coming from Mt. Aleph somehow. Umm..?
Today at 08:36:28 AM
Fox: I not really sure... but if it is appearing right there like that... it almost seems like something targetted... but maybe it could be the presence of artifacts that are high in psynergy.... and maybe one of those was in Isaac's cabin.... (High concentrations of psynergy causes vortexes?)
Today at 08:28:53 AM
Fox: One of the vortexes in a town destroys the bridge... and it looks like the vortex at the end could have destroyed the house (OR maybe have some indirect connection/dunno.), and will probably destroy the bridge the PCs are on as well. :P Umm... 
Today at 08:24:53 AM
Fox: at least* Don't they* have*
Today at 08:24:03 AM
Fox: From what I read. (Or atl et least my interpretation/memory of what I read.) ... Don't think only really appear every 10 years...?  And hve some connection to the mourning moon (Probably what the vortex is at the end.)
Yesterday at 11:46:04 PM
Lord Squirtle: I'm not even sure how that could be advanced unless there is a good reason why they stop showing up.
Yesterday at 11:45:13 PM
Lord Squirtle: I think the vortex stuff basically ends maybe 1/4 into the game, at least until the post-credits scene.
Yesterday at 08:47:52 PM
Fox: (That's assuming we make a remake, and take out any contradictions or altar them a bit to fit in.) ... However, here's the thing... the Vortexes were corrupted, so the solution didn't quite work out. (And there might have been others trying to do the same thing.)
Yesterday at 08:43:49 PM
Fox: Anyway... I don't know much about Dark Dawn... but if I was to advanced the story on the Psynergy Vortexes, I would say that Felix was behind it. - It's like in GS1/GS2... How we were at first led to believe the lighting of lighthouses needed to be stopped... and that flips in GS2.... so I'm going to guess the vortexes is similar.
Yesterday at 08:36:22 PM
Fox: If you search "gstla" (even shorter) ... Rom sites are appearing on page 2. .... Hm...
Yesterday at 08:24:47 PM
Fox: And the main reason I thought that was semi-intersting... because it's basically advertising... "Hey you're looking up this game?" "Well, did you know you could emulate it?" ... to those very few (mostly children) who don't already know. 
Yesterday at 08:22:54 PM
Fox: @ratings spot = I mean of the same rom site.
Yesterday at 08:22:00 PM
Foxno ... I need advanced error checking on my English... it's not enough to have error checking in programming. :P
Yesterday at 08:19:35 PM
Fox: Who knew... that a simple search like "Golden Sun 2" (With [bno[/b] text for "rom" or "download"/etc.)  will have a link to a rom site on the first results page... not to mention having a ratings spot in the right side-bar.
May 24, 2017, 06:49:14 PM
Lord Squirtle: I guess I'll make a topic for the GBA concept room in Dark Dawn soon.
May 24, 2017, 04:27:21 PM
Fox: Yep ... There are many libraries for many languages... Python, etc... And then there are things like  the Google apis - e.g. http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=(whatever you want to search for)
May 24, 2017, 07:46:43 AM
Luna_blade: I can see how XML/JSON are a thing these days.
May 23, 2017, 04:52:18 PM
Fox: Easier in the idea that I can reduce required external stuff where the source code isn't available/modifyable (Well, there is overrides in some cases, but still.) ; So it's possible the only "Events" I would require are those of the Form.... (Mouse Events, Keyboard Events, Paint Events, Etc. when needed.)
May 23, 2017, 04:42:14 PM
Fox: Anyway... I know I am using built-in controls in my current editor, but it is not out-of-the-question that I might just go and make my own custom controls... so that it is actually easier for me (But that'd take a lot of work.)  I'm thinking about one large bitmap object, and just drawing them on it. Problem is, I'm afraid it might not be efficient enough.  So I haven't decided about doing it.)
May 23, 2017, 04:33:28 PM
Fox: @XML = If I recall, I believe Visual Studio uses it for Settings Variables that remain even after you close the program. (e.g. There's one variable I have in my program that I call "LastRom" to make it easier to get back into the program.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise