News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

E3 2012

Started by Kain, 16, May, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

It's right around the corner so I figured a topic on it would be appropriate.  What games are you looking forward to?  Any technology you're interested in and what are you expecting from the three main branches of gaming?  (IE:  Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft)

This year I'm mainly looking at handhelds.

Paper Mario 3DS
Persona 4 The Golden
Theatrerhytme Final Fantasy
Rune Factory 4

And I'm holding out for anything Fire Emblem or Fallout related.

As for tech...I'm not too interested.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Personally, I'm hoping for more info on Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, something on a new Zelda game of some type, and possibly GS4 info... The nice thing is that I don't have school anymore, so I might actually be able to watch if I don't have any work on those days.

Oh, another M&L game would be cool, unless they plan on keeping it a trilogy.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

I'd kinda like to go to E3 some day... maybe next year.

As for games, hopefully GS4 (not like i'll have the money to buy a 3ds and the game) and, well thats it since i have no money now, and won't for a few years... (other then Christmas money)

maybe Halo 4?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

leaf

Pretty sure you need an invite to get in.

I'm looking forward to random nintendo announcements/updates and hoping for some new info on tales stuff.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Jiten

I'm pondering if there will be another Shutokou Battle Game.

Kide

I don't have many expectations. From the top of my head I'd say... a new Metroid or Star Fox game, and that's about it. I don't expect to see any GS4 stuff yet, though.

And for technology... yeah, nothing really.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@Kide: Yeah... Probably... They have Mario Tennis Open for the 3DS for 2012. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_Software_Planning

QuoteOh, another M&L game would be cool, unless they plan on keeping it a trilogy.
Yeah, if we get another M&L game.. I would be interested in seeing their files... When I saw how some of BIS's files were based off PIT, I found that to be quite interesting. (BIS was more advanced in some conditions, though.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Jiten

I wonder what would happen if Mario was put to rest permanently ?

Atrius (He/Him)

That would be like Disney retiring Mickey Mouse.  They might as well change the companies name if that happens.

Hmm, It's too early for a new Zelda for consoles, but it is about time for a new handheld game announcement, they haven't done an original one for the 3DS yet.

Rune Factory 4 I hope to hear more about as well.

You know Camelot will have to do Mario Golf for 3DS too now...  Since Camelot isn't doing the RPG style story mode for Mario Tennis Open I'm not going to bother with it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Misery

Yeah, it's no wonder the 3DS hasn't sold well... it has no games -_-
If they manage to come up with an interesting looking one, I may actually consider getting a 3DS

A new handheld metroid game would be cool... well, maybe.

I don't really have any expectations.

Awec

I got a 3DS. Got Ocarina of Time 3D, loving it, Starfox 64 3D, loving it, Mario Bros 3D, loving it, Mario Kart 7, loving it, Kid Icarus Uprising, loving it, Resident Evil Revelations, loving it.
3DS may not have many games, but the people saying "I don't want one because it has no games" are the same people who like buying every installment of CoD.

So yeah, you can guess what I want to see at E3.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

zman9000

Quotethe people saying "I don't want one because it has no games" are the same people who like buying every installment of CoD.
you know your an an idiot right? there are people out there who can't afford to buy something that's $300, let alone something that expensive which won't be used as much. Also CoD is crap (and I've only played #4 and only one level so meh... what ever)

And I kinda wish GS4 won't be on the 3DS since i have no money and can't really earn any money at the moment..
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

Quote from: zman9000 on 23, May, 2012, 04:55:37 PM
Quotethe people saying "I don't want one because it has no games" are the same people who like buying every installment of CoD.
you know your an an idiot right? there are people out there who can't afford to buy something that's $300, let alone something that expensive which won't be used as much. Also CoD is crap (and I've only played #4 and only one level so meh... what ever)

And I kinda wish GS4 won't be on the 3DS since i have no money and can't really earn any money at the moment..

IMO you both have flawed views on the matter.  First off I do agree, the 3DS does NOT have many games and while I too love classics like OoT and Starfox, I don't see those as reasonable arguments to purchase the system.  In fact, the ONLY reason I wanted a 3DS at the beginning was for 3D Paper Mario.  There were literally zero other games I wanted.  Now that there's slightly more market on it, I'm seeing more and more games come out, but still nothing I necessarily want.  However, with the announcement of Rune Factory 4, I have yet another reason to enjoy my purchase of a 3DS aside from the fact that my original DS's left and right top buttons hardly, if ever, work...along with a blown out left speaker.

I mean...I play Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr, Fire Emblem and Pokemon on my 3DS more than any 3DS games I actually do have.  However, Zman is slightly off as the price of a 3DS has dropped to 150 dollars so it's no longer as expensive as it once was.  Onto the matter of CoD players.  They like their shooters and they like killing stuff.  Out of fifteen CoD players I've met in my life, only TWO, count them...TWO of the bunch even cared about anything besides the game itself.  The others were like "I don't give a @#$% about story.  I just want to play."

Also Zed, you can't criticize something if you hardly have a grasp on what it is you're playing.  I can't speak for CoD 4 because I've not played it.  However, I dare you to play Black Ops and tell me it's not better than the other games like Modern Warfare 2 (or even 3.).

As for GS4...I dunno.  I'll probably try it before I buy it.

Jiten

To each their own it seems.  I wonder if there will be a new mortal kombat game.

Awec

Quote from: zman9000 on 23, May, 2012, 04:55:37 PM

No offense but you can still want 3DS without being able to afford it, so your argument isn't really going anywhere.
I agree that it was expensive and still is quite expensive - but the prime argument of why anyone isn't buying a 3DS is because "it has no games", not because it's too expensive. Hence my comparison; these people would much rather buy a console that has hundreds of mediocre games than a console that has fewer but higher quality games.
Hell, currently the 3DS has almost as many games I'm actually interested in as my DS.

I hope GS4 is on the 3DS (and is announced at E3); DD's graphics were mostly ugly and sluggish and I doubt they'll return to 2D.
Otherwise in E3, 3DS Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon (or more information on BW2 & NA) and Smash Bros.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Aile~♥

Actually, GSDD's character models and environments were beautiful, at least in my opinion. Where they failed was in the special effects for spells, and some of the summons. GSDD's particle effects are terrible. Most obvious in the Starburst line, where there's that ominous twinge in the air... and then a tiny spray of brown-orange particles. Also, they missed in placing the flinch timing for some attacks. But this is all off-topic.

So far, my vote for best 3DS game goes to Kid Icarus: Uprising. Even though I've never played it, and it's not my style of game.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

so anyway when is E3 2012? And are any of you planning on watching it?

Kain

June 4th.  I don't plan on watching so much as I plan on listening to it.  I'll probably have the TV or stream going while I'm doing other stuff and only listening for parts that may catch my attention.

Kide

@the 3DS: I don't have one, and not because "it has no games", but because I'm not interested in what's been released so far. When it has one or maybe two games I find cool enough I'll get one. I remember getting my GBA only for Mario Kart and Sonic, and I had only those for quite some time. As the cool games were showing up I started getting a few more. We know the 3DS is going to have many good games eventually, we just wait until then.

A Zelda game would be nice to see, but I think we're not going to get that yet, even for the 3DS. I hope I'm wrong about it, though. But it'd have to be something completely new, I'm tired of remakes. And that goes not only for Zelda, but for pretty much everything else.

Lastly... no, I have no plans to watch it. I'll just read whatever is published afterwards.

Knight of Purgatory

Project cross zone seemeth interesting.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES