News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hi everybody!

Started by Joalphski, 03, July, 2012, 01:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joalphski

Hi there!  I'm new to hacking and everything, so I thought I'd give it a try just so I can learn some things about computers and get help for my problems I encounter along the way.  I've played Golden Sun for about a year now.  The first one I've played was Golden Sun Dark Dawn for the DS, and I was amazed.  I love the series and it's a fantastic game series for sure.  I just got into Golden Sun 1 and 2 lately when I started ROM gaming.  It's fun and just amazing.  I just love it.  As you might be able to guess,  :Mia: (Mia) is my favorite Golden Sun character at the moment.  She's just great.  Well anyway, I'm excited to be here with everybody, and I hope we all have a good time here. 

Salanewt

Hey there, welcome to GSHC! GS hacking is fun, it's nice to see more people getting into it. Mia is quite nice too, probably the best playable Mercury adept to date.

So yeah, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have fun!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Misery

Hello, good to have you, I posted in your thread, and Mia is my favorite character too.

ALL HAIL THE GOLDEN SUN
*fanatic cultist chanting*

RagnarokEmissary

It looks like  :Karst: needs more love~

Karst is AWESOME. Best GS antagonist, besides  :Saturos:, and one of the best GS characters in general since ever. WHY DID SHE DIE!? DAMN YOU CAMELOT!!!

Also I'll stop being a Karst fangirl for one minute and say hello Joal! Hope you enjoy it here!

Misery

If we're talking about favorite characters, most people are probably thinking of playable characters. Like I was. Saturos is obviously the most awesome character ever.

Kioll

Hi, Joalphski.  I'm Kioll, your friendly neighborhood nutjob.  You'll find me tagging in on various threads with crazy ideas, off-track theories, and generally making people look at me funny.  Of course, not all of my ideas sound as crazy as I make it seem, but then again, trying to create quality GS sprites out of nothing to make a brand new game out of kinda throws a wrench in the works.  If you want help with something, see something I've talked about that interests you, etc., feel free to chat me up!  I am really friendly, I don't bite, unless you like it that way, lol.  And welcome to...  Golden Sun Hacking Haven...  I mean Community.  Yeah, that thing.  :D

Off-track discussion:  Honestly, my favorite character in the games was Jenna.  Period.  All of the other characters...  Well, they were alright and everything, but they just weren't Jenna.  And Kraden kinda creeps me out ever since Dark Dawn came out, because he's like Mr. Popo...  He just... doesn't... die...  *twitch twitch*  Oh, right, off-topic.  Welcome again, Joalphski!!!
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Joalphski

Hi guys!  I'm glad you're all happy to have me here.  It's an awesome place.  I can tell.  ^^  It'll be great to mess around with you all here.  Since we are talking about characters and the like, the only Golden Sun I'm very familiar with is Golden Sun Dark Dawn.  I've played it over twice, and I really love that game.  It's just fantastic for someone like me.  I'm unfamiliar with the others, but that's what the ROMs are for.  Is it me, or do all the Golden Suns have really amazing music?  I just love the battle themes and the overworld themes and the like.  Always humming along.  I just love it.  Now that you mention Jenna.... lol  Favorite character in GS2.  Love her.... just love her!  She's fantastic.  Her battle theme is fantastic too!  Surely you've all heard it right?  When we get into Golden Sun Dark Dawn my favorite character is Karis.  I find something about her really interesting so I like her.  Matthew is a close second. 

Aile~♥

My favourite GSDD characters are Karis and Matthew. Of course, I tend to play Matthew as a Tsundere using those emote bubbles, so that may have something to do with it. Amiti comes a close third, surprisingly enough. I actually like most of Dark Dawn's characters. Matthew... is Matthew, and he's epic with some of the responses you get to that "anger" emote. Karis is really awesome early in the game and late in the game, though she's kinda meh in the middle. And she's funny almost the whole time. Amiti has some of the best character development in the game, and proves to be surprisingly amusing. Rief is that guy you just love to hate. Tyrell's an idiot, except when he's not, heh. Eoleo COULD have been awesome, but wasn't. Sveta is... well, I'm not sure. She's Sveta. And Himi is a badass, but she gets no character development, so meh.

In GS2, my favourite character is Jenna, though Sheba gets her moments as well. I'm not sure I really have a favourite character in GS1, though Saturos is pretty cool, and reading Felix's lines in a dark anti-hero voice makes him surprisingly badass. He really needed voice acting.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kain

Hello and welcome to the forums.  My name is Kain and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello says Teawater. On the house, I give you Teawater. It's always nice to drink Teawater. Hopefully the last active member to say hello isn't Teawater. Why am I ending my sentences with Teawater? This is cheap "poetry" by Teawater.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Joalphski

Oh ok.  Cool.  I can explain my favorite characters and why in Dark Dawn as well. 
1. Karis, because she's just amazing for too many reasons for me to explain!
2. Matthew, really really awesome and he's just unbelievable with that Sol Blade!
3. Tyrell, cause he's just a funny dude who really makes me laugh for more than one reason
4. Sveta, because she's a KITTY DOG and just a.... beast if you know what I mean.  :] 
5. Amiti, because he thinks he was.... born magically and he can use bows like Karis (he doesn't look half a good using them though..... lol)
6. Himi, cause her dragon psynergy destroys, but she came too late to make an impact on me
7. Eoleo, because he's a creeper to me, but he's still really cool with that psynergy he has
8. Rief, because I always used him early on to punch stuff!  He was actually good at it too!
Yeah that's my Dark Dawn characters explained.  Honestly, I love them all but Rief and Eoleo.  Great game with great characters. 

I remember seeing Felix with his mask, and I literally thought the same exact thing!  I wanted creepy dark voice acting too!  LOL, poor Jenna! 

Hey Kain, I have a question for you.  Is that Jill from Fire Emblem in that little box thing?  God I love her.  Total goddess.  In fact, she had the most kills on my 2nd or 3rd playthrough in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.  Totally amazing stats, nearly all capped.  She and Harr destroyed everything!  Dragonmasters FTW!!!!  My favorites from that game were probably Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, Ilyana, Nephenee, GOD SHINON, GODDESS JILL, and Astid came in later, but she was a probably what I'd define as a MINI GODDESS!!!!!  Yeah that game was amazing.

I have another question, I see all these people in clans and stuff.  I'm kinda stuck between which one I should go if I go into one.  :/  I'm definitely leaning towards Jupiter cause I'm just like that, but at the same time I'm thinking Mercury.  I think I'm definitely Jupiter though because of my nature.  Yeah, definitely Jupiter if I get into a clan. 

Aile~♥

Yeah, Kain has a Jill badge. When you get coins for being awesome/posting helpful stuff (if that ever happens, it's sometimes irritatingly difficult to get people to +coin you), you can go to the forum Shop tab up at the top to buy badges.

Joalphski

Sweet!  Time to increase the coins of everybody I see!  :]  Do unto others as others do unto you!  I live by that motto.  By the way, nice epic mindscrew you have there! Looks like a Fire Emblem Assassin. 

Aile~♥

Well, the real point of +coining people is when they post/do something helpful/entertaining. But whatever, I'm not here to mod or anything, that's Kain's job.

zman9000

well almost no one coins anyone anyway, so i can't see the harm in it.

well anyway, welcome to the forum!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

Whoa, more stuff.

Yes, that's Jill.  Probably my favorite character from PoR.  I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan.

+Coining is like Jamie said, frustratingly hard to get people to do so.  Also yeah, those are assassins.  Had the same gif back in the day on another site but I was requested to remove it because a member had epilepsy.  It's still pretty cool.

Eh...explaining a function of the site isn't really modding.  >.>;
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Aile~♥

And I got the gif from some dude on a different forum, called Pokémblem. The place is basically dead now, unfortunately. :(

I forget exactly whose signature I stole it from, though.

Shinigami

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 05, July, 2012, 02:04:21 PM
When you get coins for being awesome/posting helpful stuff
Alternately you could spam the user-created badges thread...

A late welcome to the forums (I have not been active recently... Playing Minecraft, Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade Chronicles, Yume Nikki, Red Eclipse... etc... Gaming burns time~)...

Quote from: Joalphski on 04, July, 2012, 07:27:38 PM
Is it me, or do all the Golden Suns have really amazing music?  I just love the battle themes and the overworld themes and the like.  Always humming along.
Track 44 (TLA)~
So nanoka~

Rolina

Without Charon?  Why?  Until we get a new forum admin, it'll be a waste of time to do that. :/

Shinigami

Well, it used to work...
Maybe one day another admin will take her place, or she comes back...
T_T
So nanoka~