News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

New Member joined the Party!

Started by NormalNavi, 31, August, 2012, 03:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormalNavi

Hi! My handle is, as you would expect, NormalNavi. I've been into Golden Sun since a while (even tough my main strategies are Buff, Psynergy+Unleashes, Heal, Repeat)

Errm, what was I saying? Uh yeah.
I became interested in GS Hacking after seeing some vid called "Golden Sun Hacking : A touch of Touhou" and, after a bit of research, I ended up here.
I downloaded the editor and am fooling around with it, but I still have a few questions about stuff.

Looking forward to your posts!

Rolina

Nice to meet you.  Here, take this Elec+40 * chip as a token of good will from the jupiter clan.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello NormalNavi. Welcome to Golden Sun Hacking Community. I offer you the most well-known cup of Teawater in GSHC. It's on the house. A lot of people enjoy talking about it so much that it even got some topics locked. (Well, atleast one if not more.)

QuoteTrying to get Alpha 0.5 to load a file
You might have to try dragging the ROM file on the application. (The application icon before you open the application.) You may get an error at first, so hit ignore.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

NormalNavi

Another member that knows both MMBN and Golden Sun? *gladly takes the Chip and Teawater*
This is gonna be a good time.

QuoteYou might have to try dragging the ROM file on the application. (The application icon before you open the application.) You may get an error at first, so hit ignore.

The main problem is that it gives me more errors (that appear to relate to the interface, with stuff like "menu_bar") shows a empty GS Styled Message box, and crashes.

0.4 works perfectly however, and I downloaded 0.5 because I remember having read it can import sprites into the ROM.

Rolina

Aye, though technically I prefer the Wood element to Elec in that series, namely because of the abundance of multi-hit attacks.  That wood tornado from WoodStyle in BN2 pretty much sold me on that element, so I've had a soft spot for the wood element and wind weapon type in that game since then.  Still, as the Jovian Leader, i've gotta represent... so I'm packing a static chip instead. :3

As for 0.5, it's not actually 0.5 - it's 0.5alpha.  It was released as part of an effort to help the editor become open source, allowing for people to develop their own plugins and stuff, but as a result of it not being a full version upgrade, it's a bit more unstable compared to 0.4.

NormalNavi

I like Wood Chips too, but in Golden Sun, I'm just not too fond of Venus. That's all.
I personally like to paralyse my enemies with Elec, and opening the PWN can with Wood chips. 

*hem* On the editor, I'm really trying something now : Making a new class, then I'll test it in-game. More as it develops ^^

Rolina

Consider making new psys for it as well.

Anywho, as the editor eventually gets keyboard support, expect me to put up some more templates for your use.  We've got the full black template up now if you want an entirely new set of classes, but if it's minor tweaks you want, or to just make classes for Felix's Team, then I'm afraid you're either on your own or gonna have to wait for the upgraded editor.  Once it's upgraded, though, I'll be able to get templates up really quick and easy.  Only thing stopping us is that the Army's been working Atrius to the bone so he's not had much of a chance to work on the editor.

NormalNavi

Right now, it's more "getting the hang of the editor". But can you direct me me to these blank templates you're talking about, please? It'll probably be less confusing than going here and here to edit stuff.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

She's right. 0.5 Alpha is definitely unstable. (Well, since there was a time when I got an error in the new Data Viewer as well.)

Role's Editor Templates
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

NormalNavi

Thanks, it's definitively easier with this patch!

Kain

Hello there and welcome to the forums.  My name is Kain and I'm the forums global moderator.  If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask.  If you have any questions about the editor... *points towards everyone else*  Talk to them.  I don't use the editor at all.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

RagnarokEmissary

A new member? Well, I don't real know what to say, so...

Hi~! I'm Ragna, if you wanted to know, if you didn't, too bad~

Misery

Welcome to this site, we need all the help we can get keeping it alive...
Also, I hope you don't mind if I call you Navi, since your name is too long.
I'm the character artist and late manager for the largely inactive community hack, but you can safely ignore that as I'm not doing much here and almost never post any art.

Quote from: RagnarokEmissary on 31, August, 2012, 07:15:33 AMHi~! I'm Ragna, if you wanted to know, if you didn't, too bad~
AKA Ragna the Blood Edge

Shinigami

Hey! List-
*coughs awkwardly*
Hello <author>. /insert <generic_greeting1>.
57:65:6C:63:6F:6D:65
^Segment nicked from one of my earlier postsXD
So nanoka~

zman9000

QuoteHey! List-
*coughs awkwardly*
Hello <author>. /Insert <generic_greeting1>.
wat...

Well anyway. welcome to the forum, post and have fun! and what ever you do, don't drink the teaw-
Quote*gladly takes the Chip and Teawater*
... well...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

Ohai! Welcome to teh forums, and stuff!

Whateverness. I'll stop with the lolspeak.

Anyway, as I was saying, welcome to the forums, have fun, do stuff with the editor, etc. I've done some really stupid stuff with that thing. It's seriously fun! One time, I gave Moapa the ability to inflict Psy Seal on the entire party at once, while his Knights could inflict Death Curse on the whole party. Hope you brought Elixirs! XD
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

mecurylighthouse

well that woul actually be dificult though i made the chest beaters actually hard like i think i gave the higher stats and like 2x the health

:JupiterDjinni:<----fav element
welcome normal navi (do you mind if i call you tatl) im also new and learning the editor as well so welcome
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Shinigami

Quote from: zman9000 on 31, August, 2012, 04:13:24 PM
QuoteHey! List-
*coughs awkwardly*
Hello <author>. /insert <generic_greeting1>.
wat...

"Hey! Listen!" Is a reference to LOZ:OoT.
Where - implies that the sentence was left unfinished.
<author> Is just something that pretends to be a placeholder for a variable.
In Cube engine games console commands are typed with a "/" infront of them. Thus /insert.
57:65:6C:63:6F:6D:65 is "Welcome" using hexadecimal values instead of letters.
So nanoka~

Knight of Purgatory

Hello Normal Navi! Watch out for the undernet. Here, take this. *Tosses the Cannon 2 chip at normal navi*.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

zman9000

Quote"Hey! Listen!" Is a reference to LOZ:OoT.
Where - implies that the sentence was left unfinished.
<author> Is just something that pretends to be a placeholder for a variable.
In Cube engine games console commands are typed with a "/" infront of them. Thus /insert.
57:65:6C:63:6F:6D:65 is "Welcome" using hexadecimal values instead of letters.
I knew, but it was so random, also looks like you might have scared him away.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx