News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

class type list

Started by Drake baku, 28, April, 2013, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake baku

hey, i am new here, but started strait away with hacking XD

but i do have a question and cant find the answer with search

i am working on making my own characters and classes, trying to make the main character a jupiter adapt, but i have no idea how the type system works, which type is fitted to which character and how, i already noticed isaac and garret are 1 and 2, but the rest got me a bit dumb folded

so can somebody give me a full list of class types or something to help me pls?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

See Class System Hacking Topic: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=475.0

This ( http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=475.msg11653#msg11653 ) is where Atrius learns about how the class Type Value works.

(Links below are from Feature Refining Thread)

This ( http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=238.msg33588#msg33588 ) is me thinking up a method on how to display how the Class Type value should appear to the user.

This ( http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=238.msg33728#msg33728 ) is where Atrius appears to have thought about a fantastic method that he would do, however since it has already been stated that he's no longer working on the editor, I guess it is obsolete now. (I wonder what he had in mind, though?)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

thnks, i am going t read it tomorow (living in holland so its night here now XD)

just one more question, was thinking of creating some new forge weapons (and prehaps even forgeable items) but i do not see any notice of how the weapons and items are related (not in maps looking at events, not in the item detaail lists them self) is it even possible then? (yeah working big over time here XD, thought why not just change almost anything, like create your own weapons and items, add new psynergys and so on, just the sooner i learned everything XD )

Rolina

The best thing to do is make the main character be Character Slot 2 or 6 (the third one down on both rows).  However, the trick I suppose is the act of actually making them main characters.  So far, I don't think the tools are developed enough to radically change how the game flows storywise yet - just text and some mechanics so far.  But teawater's working hard on it, so look forward to his editor revisions.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteBut teawater's working hard on it, so look forward to his editor revisions.
But also keep in mind that :music-notes: I'm a procrastinator. :music-notes: I'm a procrastinator. :music-notes: Don't wait for me, but let me be. :music-notes: Okay, sorry about the song I made right on spot, I got caught in the moment. However, in all seriousness, I definitely do put off working on the editor for long periods of time, so don't expect it anytime soon. (If I manage to ever get one out, that is.)

@Forged items: I could maybe guess that they are assembly coded, but I have not looked them up yet. (I forget if I ever did.) So until then, I have nothing to say.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)