News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

How does one 'equip' a djinn, and how does it raise stats?

Started by Thunder-squall, 22, January, 2014, 02:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

So if there was a Golden Sun movie, how would they show a djinn being 'set' to someone?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Those are awfully small djinn compared to in-game play.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Raetah

Actually something makes me thing that the Djinn can change of size and form.
Not only because of the Djinns being big in Gameplay and Small in the oficcial Art (but that could be justify by this).
Actually we can see djinns with the form of Energy spheres in Sol Sactum.
And something makes me thing that Djinn could actually be absorbed in the essence of the Adept.

Crystal Sonata

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

^Or she could be looking at Ivan because he took her Mercury djinni? (I see two Venus djinn on Isaac, and the Mars djinni on Garet, so this is just speculation.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

What's the max number of djinn that could be 'set' to a person?

If going by how many djinn are in the game versus how many characters you have... (Since the djinn are evenly distributed to each character---which doesn't make sense story-wise, but it may balance mechanics.)

GS1: 7
GS2: 9

Via hacking, it could be much more than that.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

What are the restrictions that are given by the lore?

i.e. does one have to have "high levels" of psienergy?

I don't recall any restrictions... Aside from just having to find and collect the djinn.

I think the djinn are what give you 'high levels of psynergy'....

Each adept gets 5 levels in their element. For each djinni, they get an additional level in the element of the djinni. These levels are used to determine the class. (Via having the required elemental levels, and which two elements are highest. aka. Primary and Secondary.)

And classes have a list of psynergy you can use when you reach the required non-elemental level for each psynergy.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

There really isn't any lore for the Djinni as far as I recall, they're more there as a game mechanic.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Atrius on 25, January, 2014, 10:12:43 PM
There really isn't any lore for the Djinni as far as I recall, they're more there as a game mechanic.

Gah, I hate that about the Golden Sun games.  In future iterations of the series, I hope they incorporate Djinn more, and just generally shore up their world-building.