News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Should we help Joao?

Started by Luna_blade, 26, April, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, for the people who are in the DC revival project, should we help Joao or continue on our own?

I want to help Joao
1 (33.3%)
I want the project to be made by us
1 (33.3%)
Other (leave post)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

jjppof

Luna_blade

Ah!  So you implemented the reduced damage for adjacent enemies? That's good.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Help me making a list of scripting things, not database things:

----------------------------------------------------------
Maybe It's Ok
Maybe needs to improve
Needs to be improved
Needs to be done
Implemented after this list be done
----------------------------------------------------------

> Djinn/Summon
 - The system by itself
 - Permanent Pow/Res changes (djinns)
 - Temporary Pow changes (summons)
 - Class change
> Damage formulas
 - Atack
 - Elemental Atack
 - Critical
 - Summon
 - Skills formulas
 - Skills magnitude
 - Variance
> Animated battle system
> Weapon unleash
> Field psynergy
> Enemy Multiple Turns
> Game zoom -> thats gonna be a problem
> Game collide system
> Jump
> Exp Curve
> Game Map
> Ailments

What else?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Ooh!! You finally got to the list? The list of things that need to be done before the first release? Yay!

Not sure, but maybe you can add in something where you can't quite beat the battle until something happens?

Examples:
Poseidon = Trident needed.
Agatio/Karst on Jupiter Lighthouse = All PCs need to meet back up after a number of turns.

-Does the ">Weapon unleash" go under ">Damage formula"?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

EDIT:
Random damage? IDK exactly, but striking a monster in GS twice results in different damage eacht time?
Or is this already listed?

Status effects? Poison, paralyzed, sleep etc. And I guess stat lowering moves like dispair or spider web fall under temp stat changes?

Also which EXP curve? The one that is assigned specifically to each character?
Either way, I guess I can help you find or make it.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Teawater on 20, May, 2014, 09:25:51 AM
Not sure, but maybe you can add in something where you can't quite beat the battle until something happens?

Examples:
Poseidon = Trident needed.
Agatio/Karst on Jupiter Lighthouse = All PCs need to meet back up after a number of turns.

RPG Maker eventing can deal with it. No script needed.

Quote from: Teawater on 20, May, 2014, 09:25:51 AM
-Does the ">Weapon unleash" go under ">Damage formula"?

Actually, the 'Weapon unleash' is just the chance system for a atack be substituted by a skill of the skill list. The system just associates the weapon with the skill, given the chance to be unleashed. At the skill list, the engine user puts the damage formula that he wants.

Quote from: Luna_blade on 20, May, 2014, 10:09:32 AM
Random damage? IDK exactly, but striking a monster in GS twice results in different damage eacht time?
Or is this already listed?

I think you are talking about variance which is really random. RPG Maker lets me handle it:

Status effects? Poison, paralyzed, sleep etc. And I guess stat lowering moves like dispair or spider web fall under temp stat changes?

That's true. Till now I haven't given a looked on this. Putting this in the next steps...

Kain

GM Note:  jjppof, watch the double posting yo.  Edit your previous post if you have to add something.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

leaf

What does the "variance: 8" specifically do?

The actual formula uses rand(0,3) to determine the amount of randomly added damage/healing, so an attack that's calculated to do 277 damage could do anywhere between 277 and 280 damage (this is also why herbs can heal anywhere between 50 and 53 hp).
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Variance in GS is basically just adding a random number between 0 and 3, iirc.  That means that you'd need to have it as part of the damage formula in RPG maker, and use 0 for its variance, which is a + or - percentage (in the case you have there, +/- 8%).  GS' variance is really negligible.

jjppof

It is just put variance 3 and add 1.5 at damage formula. And I'm almost 100% sure that variance isn't in percentage.

Also which EXP curve? The one that is assigned specifically to each character?
Either way, I guess I can help you find or make it.

The values I have from GS Editor, but RPG Maker can't generate a curve just like the real GS Engine to implement this values. I will have to script something for it or write manually the exp for each level of each char.

Kain

GM Notice:  Twice in one day.  You got a warning now.  Nothing personal, you understand.

jjppof

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 20, May, 2014, 11:11:41 PM
GM Notice:  Twice in one day.  You got a warning now.  Nothing personal, you understand.

Yeah.. I tried do fix the error, but I couldn't delete the duplicated post... I was just waiting you to do it for me  :happy:

Kain

I don't know if regular members have the option near the top right of their post where the "Edit" "Quote" and other buttons are.

jjppof

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 20, May, 2014, 11:18:01 PM
I don't know if regular members have the option near the top right of their post where the "Edit" "Quote" and other buttons are.

I joined my posts, but I couldn't delete the second one, I don't have this option. So I left that message.
And you have to give me some credit. I'm Brazilian, I'm HU3.

Kain

Fair enough.  It's only a single warning though so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rolina

No, I'm sure RPGMaker uses a percentile with its variance.  I've been using that on my formulas to be a +/- 3%, which I find to be a more preferable variance over the +Rand(0,3).

jjppof

Quote from: Rolina on 21, May, 2014, 07:27:36 AM
No, I'm sure RPGMaker uses a percentile with its variance.  I've been using that on my formulas to be a +/- 3%, which I find to be a more preferable variance over the +Rand(0,3).

You're right, it's in percentage. So I decided to change it:

def apply_variance(damage, variance)
    #amp = [damage.abs * variance / 100, 0].max.to_i
    #var = rand(amp + 1) + rand(amp + 1) - amp
    var = rand(variance) #generates a integer from 0 to variance
    damage >= 0 ? damage + var : damage - var
end

jjppof

Look How I made these things:

Exp Curve:
Two options:
  > Manually
  > Following a formula

#manually
  EXPTABLE = [
  [0, 25, 70, 151, 289], #and so on...  Char 1
  [ 0 ], #Char 2
  [ 0 ], #Char 3
  [ 0 ], #Char 4
  [ 0 ], #Char 5
  [ 0 ], #Char 6
  [ 0 ], #Char 7
  [ 0 ]  #Char 8
  ]

#formula
  def ExpValues.formula(actorID) # This method can be called if a char is gonna follow a exp curve formula
    ExpValues::EXPTABLE[actorID - 1] = []
    for level in 1..99
      ExpValues::EXPTABLE[actorID - 1] << ((1.15**level) - 1).round.to_i #just a example of formula, not real
    end
  end

Elemental Physical Atack (EPA)

Weapon Note, in this case Gaia Blade:

4 means earth for me.

Enemy Multiple Turns

This enemy attacks 3 times.

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppof on 22, May, 2014, 06:43:14 PM
Look How I made these things:

Exp Curve:
Two options:
 > Manually
 > Following a formula

#manually
 EXPTABLE = [
 [0, 25, 70, 151, 289], #and so on...  Char 1
 [ 0 ], #Char 2
 [ 0 ], #Char 3
 [ 0 ], #Char 4
 [ 0 ], #Char 5
 [ 0 ], #Char 6
 [ 0 ], #Char 7
 [ 0 ]  #Char 8
 ]

#formula
 def ExpValues.formula(actorID) # This method can be called if a char is gonna follow a exp curve formula
   ExpValues::EXPTABLE[actorID - 1] = []
   for level in 1..99
     ExpValues::EXPTABLE[actorID - 1] << ((1.15**level) - 1).round.to_i #just a example of formula, not real
   end
 end
Uhh I'm not familiar with RPGmaker language, but I guess the formula is better, because it saves you a lot of time. Just make sure that each induvidual character gets his own curve. (there is a huge difference between Isaac and Ivan for example)
Well then, if you can get it closer manually do it I guess.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 23, May, 2014, 01:48:47 AM
Uhh I'm not familiar with RPGmaker language, but I guess the formula is better, because it saves you a lot of time. Just make sure that each induvidual character gets his own curve. (there is a huge difference between Isaac and Ivan for example)

This code let you use both cases mixed. You can use formulas for all chars, or manually for all chars, or formula for 5 five chars and manually for 3.
For the formula case, must there is one method for each char so that everyone can have his own formula. But I can think in a way to pass the formula maybe using regex, dont know if it's better than each one have his own method. **edit** Actually, passing the formula, I dont need to pass a 99 loop for each char using formula... **/edit**
The manually case is good because you can have exactly the same exp curve of the original GS.