News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Should we help Joao?

Started by Luna_blade, 26, April, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, for the people who are in the DC revival project, should we help Joao or continue on our own?

I want to help Joao
1 (33.3%)
I want the project to be made by us
1 (33.3%)
Other (leave post)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

leaf

I think "manually" might be how the original gs did it, actually, with the graph in the editor just being a fancy way to display the data. Don't quote me on that, though.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

080B12C8 = Party EXP Growth (EXP to level tables)

Yeah, you might want to do the table, rather than a formula? (If you are trying to copy the game as closely as possible.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

jjppof

What you guys think about pressing a button to jump, but only in places thats possible to jump, just like GS, but instead holding the arrow, press a jump button to go in the direction that the actor is looking.

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppof on 23, May, 2014, 10:37:02 PM
What you guys think about pressing a button to jump, but only in places thats possible to jump, just like GS, but instead holding the arrow, press a jump button to go in the direction that the actor is looking.
The GS way made it quicker to jump. I wouldn't have assigned a button for it.

EDIT: BTW, Thunder-Squall implied somewhere we might want help from RPGmaker forums. So jjppof, do you need such help?
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 24, May, 2014, 01:44:45 AM

EDIT: BTW, Thunder-Squall implied somewhere we might want help from RPGmaker forums. So jjppof, do you need such help?

Till now, I didn't have any problems, but is almost certain that I'm gonna need for the game zoom.

=============================================

Updating...

----------------------------------------------------------
Maybe It's Ok
Maybe needs to improve
Needs to be improved
Needs to be done
----------------------------------------------------------

> Djinn/Summon
  - The system by itself
  - Permanent Pow/Res changes (djinns)
  - Temporary Pow changes (summons)
  - Class change
> Damage formulas
  - Atack
  - Elemental Atack
  - Critical
  - Summon
  - Skills formulas
  - Skills magnitude
  - Variance
> Animated battle system
> Weapon unleash
> Field psynergy
> Enemy Multiple Turns
> Game zoom -> thats gonna be a problem
> Game collide system
> Jump
> Exp Curve
> World Map and its map
> Ailments
> Evade
> Database

What else?

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppof on 25, May, 2014, 07:13:59 PM
I've thought earlier about this. You could just increase the sprite size the characters right? In that case you solve most of the problems?

Here are some topics about it:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18662-zoom-sprites/  |  http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/14785-vx-ace-tiny-overworld-sprites/
If this deosn't work out we got to ask some peeps from the other forums. That could come in handy, as they can help with other things too.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 28, May, 2014, 03:52:00 PM
Quote from: jjppof on 25, May, 2014, 07:13:59 PM
I've thought earlier about this. You could just increase the sprite size the characters right? In that case you solve most of the problems?

Here are some topics about it:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18662-zoom-sprites/  |  http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/14785-vx-ace-tiny-overworld-sprites/
If this deosn't work out we got to ask some peeps from the other forums. That could come in handy, as they can help with other things too.

nice nice nice nice...
I'm gonna have a look on this...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been looking at these scripts and It is almost the case. These scripts zoom only events, I need one to zoom everything, including tileset. I'm gonna try to make something too and see whether I can do by the same way this zoom is done with the tilesets and keep looking other thing at google.

Luna_blade

If that's the case, can't you just do what I said before but then with ALL the tiles? The real question is:
What is the multiply factor? If it's just x2 you can simply do it, but with any other factor the tiles become different.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 30, May, 2014, 12:36:33 PM
If that's the case, can't you just do what I said before but then with ALL the tiles? The real question is:
What is the multiply factor? If it's just x2 you can simply do it, but with any other factor the tiles become different.

Sorry, I didn't understand what you want me to do. Well, I need to zoom everything without change the game resolution.
Are you saying to double the tileset size and use the script you send me to resize the chars? Maybe It works...
I don't know how much I have to zoom the game to get a similiar result, I was going to do by comparation...

And I was thinking, if It get to hard, maybe I publish the source without this zoom thing...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

-removed-

Edit again: To make this post look less spammy, I would like to see what x2 zoom looks like. Since x2 is what one may likely use in VBA (Especially when hacking with disassember/memory viewer.), it might seem interesting.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppof on 30, May, 2014, 12:48:02 PM
Sorry, I didn't understand what you want me to do. Well, I need to zoom everything without change the game resolution.
Zooming without resolution change? That's not something that can be done easily.
Quote from: jjppof on 30, May, 2014, 12:48:02 PM
Are you saying to double the tileset size and use the script you send me to resize the chars? Maybe It works...
I don't know how much I have to zoom the game to get a similiar result, I was going to do by comparation...

And I was thinking, if It get to hard, maybe I publish the source without this zoom thing...
From what I see in the vids, if you want to do it exactly as the original games try this:
Tiles x2, sprites x 4

@Teawater: Wrong topic?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

The problem is, if I change the tilesets, I'll have to make all the villages again... hahahahahaha
I'm gonna keep trying investing in scripts. If I fail and get lazy to make the villages again, I'm gonna post the project without the zoom thing and whoever wants to change the tileset, change by itself.

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppof on 30, May, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
The problem is, if I change the tilesets, I'll have to make all the villages again... hahahahahaha
You actually already made all the villages?
I'm gonna keep trying investing in scripts. If I fail and get lazy to make the villages again, I'm gonna post the project without the zoom thing and whoever wants to change the tileset, change by itself.
You know what? I think I'll do a very little testing myself today...
(So I'm gonna make a little test project)
Also what is your resolution for the game?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 31, May, 2014, 12:25:52 AM
You actually already made all the villages?
no hahahahaha... but one is already a lot of work
Quote from: Luna_blade on 31, May, 2014, 12:25:52 AM
You know what? I think I'll do a very little testing myself today...
(So I'm gonna make a little test project)
Also what is your resolution for the game?

The default RPG Maker resolution...
If you want, tomorrow I can send you the tilesets I'm using.

Luna_blade

no hahahahaha... but one is already a lot of work
Lol, and you're just recreating them. For the project we would have to make them all by ourselfs...
Quote from: jjppofTileset!
Thanks.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Tileset!

jjppof

Evasion I'm letting with 1/32 chance.

---------------------------------

Status conditions:

Delusion
Stun
Sleep
Seal
Death Curse
Temporary Stun
Downed
Poison
Deadly poison
Equipment Curse
Haunt

I'm starting ailments now, need help!
Chances, the elemental level thing, turns it takes to cure, luck relation... etc

--------------edit----------------

And I just saw this gods' topic:

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2460.0

Thunder-squall

For those of you who don't yet have RPG Maker, but who want to help jj out, check out this week's Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly).  You can get RPG Maker VX Ace + other stuff for ANY PRICE you want.   I donated $15, but you could probably get RPG Maker VX Ace for $1 if you wanted to.  Donate over $6 to add RPG Maker XP and other stuff to your cart. Donate at least $12 to also get a useful sprite editor, plus some more games and DLC.  There are a bunch of payment options too, from PayPal, to credit cards, to Google and Amazon, to BitCoin.  If you don't eventually get yourself a copy of the software, you won't be able to play what jj built, let alone help him build it.

RPG Maker VX Ace is also free on Steam to try until about mid day Sunday (~12 hrs from now) and you can also buy it at a 75% discount until then. I think this Humble Bundle deal lasts for a few more days at least, and is the cheaper deal.

Note:  You can also buy these as gifts, which you can then gift to other people.  So if someone wants to contribute financially to the project at large, you could probably buy multiple licenses for RPG Maker VX Ace for real cheap, and then give them to people who you think'll help work on the project.

The other great thing about the Humble Bundle is that you get a diverse selection of games that not only show what RPG Maker is capable of, but which you can then use as code-guides.  I plan to use the games to help me learn how to better use RPG Maker.

Luna_blade

Okay. About the testing: jjppof, do you use any scripts for the actor sprites? Also, when I try to use kraden as a new actor, I can only use one of his "blocks". That's because I didn't do it properly and have to make a decent spritesheet for him to let it work. Unfortunatly, that won't be soon.
But, I think if we can reshape/resize the actor and double the tileset size, it will work out fine.

So I'm gonna visit some forum and ask for some support. I will post here once I got an awnser/help.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 01, June, 2014, 03:05:07 PM
Okay. About the testing: jjppof, do you use any scripts for the actor sprites? because the standard RPGmaker Actor is just one block tall. Also, when I try to use kraden as a new actor, I can only use one of his "blocks".
But, I think if we can reshape/resize the actor and double the tileset size, it will work out fine.

So I'm gonna visit some forum and ask for some support. I will post here once I got an awnser/help.

Yes!! I'm not in my PC now but I use victor scripts...
link: http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/
If I can remeber, this list is in the project:

• Diagonal Movement
  • Multi Frames
  • Pixel Movement

----------------edit---------

once ago I sent to Rolina all scripts not made by me that I'm using in the project, I'll post here too.