News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

This topic is for if you find something wrong in the editor itself (which you can download here)

The editor can't quite do that yet, but here's a VBA code for TLA that'll let you play as Jenna.

03002100:0005
03002107:03
03002108:08307EEC
0300210C:08303ADC
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

luluthefirst

Quote from: Atrius on 06, November, 2010, 08:34:32 PM
Salanewt, I just realized I never answered your question about the World Map.  Because it's so large it's stored in a very different format from the rest of the maps, the editor is still incompatible with this format.

Will this be fixed in next version?

arst001

I just want to try the editor, but when i open it my computer suddenly reboot.  :sad:
:sad: So, I cannot use it... I download the three versions but it's still the same.
I don't have any anti-virus or any kind of software installed on my computer.
I even put the software on the exception list of the windows firewall.
Don't know what to do now, maybe i should play it again without cheats  :sad:

Salanewt

I think we need more details. For example, what type of OS do you have? Windows, Mac, Linux? Which version? Have you downloaded any programs that might cause problems? What of your processor? Any information about your computer that you deem to be important should be shared in your next post.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

QuoteI don't have any anti-virus or any kind of software installed on my computer.
WHY?  Are you nuts?  Don't tell me you're one of those Apple guys that were fooled into thinking Macs are virus proof...

This doesn't sound like a problem with the editor, it sounds like your computer is royally screwed.

arst001

To Salanewt: I debug the program myself so I can use it now... Ugh, anyway thanks buddy!

To Role: I simply don't need Anti-virus, well for personal reasons :3 ho ho ho :3 and I think I can handle them pretty well ;3

Rolina

I think the problem is because you don't have anti-virus.  If you're that naive, then that's your problem.  This has nothing to do with the editor, and everything to do with you compy being screwed.

On top of that, you never gave what your system and other important things are.  What are you running?  What are your compy's specs?  Dood, if my 4 year old generic walmart compy can run this thing fine, and yours can't, the problem isn't with the editor, trust me.  Go run grab malwarebytes and use it to help clean up your system.  Try ESET's antivirus program, or hell, even AVG is better than nothing.  Upgrade your videocard and buy some more RAM for the system.  If you think the editor is doing this, you're foolish.  There's a few other things you can do to help your computer.  Go fix it up and actually post editor errors here.

Unless, of course, you're willing to actually share the specs with us - who knows, it could actually be something that doesn't work with your settings.  It may need to be something addressed.  But as it is now?  Sorry, man, with just what you said - I'm gonna say your compy sucks and is infested with viruses, and THAT's why it's crashing.

Salanewt

Um, Role?

QuoteI debug the program myself so I can use it now... Ugh, anyway thanks buddy!

That is sound advice and all, but I am not sure if it belongs in this topic at this point. Still, anti-virus would be good to ensure that you do not lose your hacks!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

That's good you were able to get rid of all those viruses that were causing a chain reaction and crashing your computer when you ran the editor.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_eEvent:

Error reading byte.

I was in the Map Editor...

Map # 21 in the listbox...

Make NPCs 3 in the box above.

Double click one of the NPCs... I saw an empty box.. (The Events listbox) when you click this empty box you get this error.

I tried a few more times.. same thing.

I also checked the version a few times.. This is Version 0.3 fix 2

EDIT: This seems to be related to the same error before... Are you sure you fixed it?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

I think I misunderstood what you actually said was causing the error before for whatever reason. 

dwkjohn

Avira, my anti-virus, constantly says that the program is a virus. I'm positive it isn't but is it something in the program that makes it look like a virus or can i just turn that alert off in Avira, i've tried but can't figure out how. :!:
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Atrius (He/Him)

I forget what the setting is called in Avira, but theres one that if you set too high it starts identifying some regular programs as viruses.

dwkjohn

Thanks. I'll see if i can find it.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Atrius (He/Him)

What message does it give you when you try to open the ROM from the editor's file menu?

Salanewt

I actually have this exact same problem. Might the OS have something to do with it? I use Windows 7 myself, but 0.3 doesn't have this problem.

Anyway, this is the only error that I have encountered so far. I will tell you about any others that I find if I find them.

ScottTheAdept

I've got a different problem. I don't know if it counts as an error report, but when I try to open up the rom via VBA 1.8 after editing with editor version 0.4, it only comes up as a black screen. Truth be told the rom was edited by version 0.3 before hand. Is that part of the problem?
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Atrius (He/Him)

That definitely goes here Scott, post a patch and I'll take a look at it.

*bangs head on desk* stupid, stupid...  Ah...  Er, I think I might have a theory as to why some people may be having trouble opening ROMs from the file menu, I'll have a fix out momentarily.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yup, I was having trouble opening it there as well. I too had to Right-click the ROM => Open With Editor.

The first time I tried Open With, though, there were a series of errors, I assume it was the filepath.. so I moved the ROM somewhere where the filepath doesn't have " " (spaces).. and the Open With worked..
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Strange, most of my ROMs are stored in a file path where there are spaces in the folder's names.  A lot of the ROMs even have spaces in their file names as well.