News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

New Feature Preview Topic

Started by Atrius, 30, October, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

In that case when you used the djinni it would also say something like "Isaac unleashes Grand Cleave!"
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Awww... Blarg, I was hoping that I'd read that right.  Well, there's always expanding the rom and adding 'duplicate abilities' for the sake of pulling that off...

Atrius (He/Him)

Well, the Djinni still take their name & descriptions off their ability in the ability list anyway, it's just that they also have their own variable for the actual ability used when you unleash them, pretty pointless if you ask me.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Anemos Alchemist on 01, February, 2010, 08:29:06 AM
I just got an idea.  What if you could make the Djinn unleashes be like the weapon unleashes?  For example, when you unleash Flint, it could say...

"Isaac unleashes Flint!  Grand Cleave!"
Not a bad idea at all, I'll look into it.

Quote from: Anemos Alchemist on 01, February, 2010, 08:29:06 AMAlso, if we could change class names, we could add new classes in place of the "?" classes, right?  Well, I do seem to remember Atrius mentioning once that the classes that are already in the game don't leave any available places for classes in the Element Levels.  What I mean is that there isn't enough room to add new classes as they would overlap with existing classes.  ...
I said no such thing, you should be able to fill the "?" classes, and even name them as much as you want.

Quote from: Anemos Alchemist on 01, February, 2010, 08:29:06 AMAnother idea.  What if you were to take, say, the Power Bread item and change the name to "Summoning Stone" and make it a class changing item?  Change around a few classes, (say the Samurai ones), so that they can unleash Summons by expending PP.  Then make those classes only accessible through having the "Summoning Stone" equipped...  Would that work?  (Yeah, yeah, you can see that I'm frantic to get a Summoner class set up!)
Class changing items... Hmm... I still wonder how they do that myself.

Insularity

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Atrius
Quote from: Eric the AppreciatorRecently I've spent some time using the current editor to make the following enemy adjustments: All enemies have roughly 1.5 times as much HP, take at least two turns each battle, use their respective monster skills more, come in consistently bigger formations, and award much more EXP and some more coins.

The result was astoundingly addicting. o_o Seriously, it was like that's the way the game always should have been. To achieve that, though, it took roughly 2 straight hour's worth spread out over several days of painstakingly adjusting all the enemy stats, giving enemies that take one turn each two turns, increasing their EXP and Coin rewards, and so on. If Atrius is still going to come out with another version of the ROM editor, I would suggest implementing a feature where you type in "1.5" or something and that's how much all non-boss enemies in the ROM have their HP, EXP, or another stat multiplied. ^_^
That's not a bad idea at all, and it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.

and...

In addition to the reworking I've done to speed up the map viewer, I've also made it load NPCs.  Quite a while back I had mentioned that NPC data for maps was pointed to through ASM code written individually for each map so loading them would be incredibly difficult.  Well, thanks to my pointer detecting algorithm from the Data browser the editor now has easy access to it.  It should be noted that due to the nature of how the pointers are loaded there can be (and often are) multiple for each map, you'll of course be able to select & view any of the NPC sets associated with a map.

Rolina

I'm guessing the stat modifier thing would be done on an individual monster basis, though... I mean, it's not like the data differentiates between a mook and a boss, does it?  And what if we were to change/reorder some things?

Atrius (He/Him)

It's just an idea so far, I haven't decided if/how I would implement it exactly yet.  There's no real point in making it modify monsters individually since you can already do that, so it would be a way to apply a modification across every enemy in the game, or possibly certain ones based on some kind of filters or something...  The data doesn't differentiate between standard enemies and bosses so it wouldn't really be possible to filter between them.

Rolina

Also... can we have a way to sort how monsters are displayed?  Such as, sort by level, sort by attack, sort by (etc)?  It'd not change what their monster data number is, but it would help us keep track of which monsters should be put where due to stats.  So basically, just change how the editor displays the order of the monsters, but not the order in the code itself?

It could work by having a dropdown menu which says:

Data Order
Sort by Level
Sort by HP
Sort by PP
Sort by ATK
Sort by DEF
Sort by AGL
Sort by LUK
etc...

I figure since you're not changing anything in the game's code, it'd not be too hard to implement.  Same with items, too, for Attack and Defense.

Charon

Great work, Atrius. With this NPC editor, will you in the future be able to open up the scripts of individual NPC's in the script editor?

Atrius (He/Him)

Now you've put me in an awkward position.  How am I supposed to answer that without revealing the surprises I had in store?  :happy:  Throwing around terms like "NPC editor" and not realizing that their regular & mind read dialogue can be accessed just as easily as the pointers to any scripts they may use in addition/instead.

Aile~♥

* JamietheFlameUser takes the hint... and runs with it.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Mion Sonozaki

Atrius (He/Him)

Atrius (He/Him)

Yes, the edits in this video were made with the editor.

Salanewt

Oh sweet, sprite switching and text editing with the editor! Sounds excellent!

Well, I am really looking forward to the editor now. Any plans for the release date, or is it still undefined with the holy statement of "When its ready"?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mion Sonozaki

Cerulyth

"I don't know who this hooded guy is, but he keeps referring to Psynergy as the force.  It's always dark side this, and dark side that with him.  It's really wearing on my nerves."  "I find their lack of faith disturbing."

This is made all the more amusing by the fact that I watched Spaceballs not yesterday.  Awesome.

Salanewt

Yeah, lol, I watched it only a few days earlier.

To be honest, I was half expecting the guy with the actual hood to be the one Alex was referring to, not Agatio. Still quite funny though.

So if this can be done in the editor, than does that mean that you almost have enough before releasing another version (or a partial version, like a 0.2.#)?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?