News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Charon's Gallery

Started by Charon, 16, March, 2009, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Well, I only have one picture for you today:

Basically, Ivan's mind read has an alternative effect - it allows him to send messages to others with only his mind.

So, Ivan uses Reveal to see the cards and sends those messages to the man next to him, Steven, so that he can win more money. Ivan has the powers, Steven knows the rules.

twocows

Ivan looks extremely cool, in a 1920s-ish mobster sort of way. Love the hat, though I think it'd be even better if it was tilted down a little more. Very nicely done.

Matrim

Wow. it looked good even before i read who the people were.

Zach

wow it's looks nice  . can't wait to see your next one      

Charon

W00t, apparently I like this "Ivan Mafia" thing (someone has me inspires XD)

Sorry if the revolver sucks - I can't draw guns for crap.

Matrim

the gun looks decent. i think it might have been a better idea to go with a pistol but i don't think they are "Mafia" guns. I will say i don't like Ivan's hair. it looks like the sane do in GS but there is just something about it that i find off and dislike and i Don't Know What!!!!!! It bugs me.

Overall it is a good pic and i like it.  

twocows

For the gun, I'm going to assume you're going for a revolver (at the moment, it looks like a pistol/revolver hybrid). If that's so, you'll want a smaller trigger and shield (round thing in front of the trigger). Also, the trigger's backward; the curve should be toward the finger. The hammer (curved thing on the top towards the back) could be a bit more curved if you want, though that's optional (the length, however, is perfect). The barrel looks a bit thick for a revolver, so you can probably narrow it a bit. The grip looks fine, so don't change it. My dad's a gun fanatic, so I've seen and fired a few, though not for a while.

I'm a bit confused about the background. Are those square buildings with mountains behind them, or do the right two buildings have pointed roofs? I'd guess the former, but it's hard to tell.

jdmj mentioned something about the hair; I'm not sure, but it feels like it's favoring the left (Ivan's right). His head is tilted, though, so I guess that would make sense. I'm not sure; personally I don't see anything wrong with it.

The picture as a whole looks great. As I've said before, I love the idea of Ivan as a mobster-type, and he looks all the more devious at night. In fact, I think the night could be a little bit more pronounced; the street in the background looks pretty bright in the areas the lamps aren't shining. The hat is really good; I like the effect it has on Ivan, making him even more sinister-looking. His suit is very well done, and the watch is a nice touch. Keep it up.

Charon

We do not speak of guns, mister, as I absolutely cannot draw them for crap XD

I noticed the trigger's incorrect facing a little after I scanned it >_<

With the buildings, it's the former. I'm adding contrast to that area to make it more pronounced.

I honestly don't know what jdmj90 is talking about with the hair - Ivan has those two large pieces of hair on both sides, and at the point of view of the pic it would be a little more at an angle.

I'm actually still adding details to this. I think that this critism will help me finish the picture well.

I knew something was wrong... I'll post it again when I'm done.

Matrim

I think that i'm freked by the face. the shading under the hat makes him look creepy. but like i said. i like it.

Charon

My God, I do graphics as well?

People say they don't like my graphics, but those who do say they don't like them because my style is far from the norm. What do you think?

NOTE: Someone requested me this on GSR. Actually, it was more like begging, but you still get the point.

Matrim

twocows

Quote from: Charon on 28, March, 2009, 03:16:00 PMMy God, I do graphics as well?
(image tags went here)
People say they don't like my graphics, but those who do say they don't like them because my style is far from the norm. What do you think?

NOTE: Someone requested me this on GSR. Actually, it was more like begging, but you still get the point.
I think it's done well. No complaints here.

Charon

Well then! *claps once, then tips fedora*

I'll be doing requests then! I've been pretty bored lately, too. Besides, people have been saying I've been making a ton of progress on my graphics, so I wouldn't mind practicing here.

(that guy still needs to log in and change his signature... funny how he leaves right after he begs everyone to tears...)

twocows

I wish I had a Fedora. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with Fedora. Heh.

Clever wordplay aside, I wouldn't mind having one, though I'd have to think about details first.

Charon

Some newer signature banners:

Zfallen's banner from Golden Sun Realm.

Bui bui buizel 8D

A request on Golden Sun Archiv.

Blood? Screams? DYING? That sounds like a rather dark trio. Actually me messing around with Text Placement more than anything.

This, of course, is meh new banner *hugs Steven*

Matrim

definatly cool looking

twocows

Quote from: Charon on 11, April, 2009, 12:24:00 PMSome newer signature banners:

Zfallen's banner from Golden Sun Realm.

Bui bui buizel 8D

A request on Golden Sun Archiv.

Blood? Screams? DYING? That sounds like a rather dark trio. Actually me messing around with Text Placement more than anything.

This, of course, is meh new banner *hugs Steven*

[twocows: manually removed images]
I like them all.

1. Don't know how I feel about the bluish-white space on the left. On one hand, white space always makes me feel awkward. On the other hand, it's not completely empty, it doesn't feel out of place, and the name's on that side.

2. They should make these IRL. Buizels, that is. Love the banner.

3. Like it. Cool background, and the pattern on the right spices things up a bit.

4. Love it. I don't mind dark, as long as it's cool dark and not wussy dark.

5. Stephen: when you want your carefully raised Gengar to go down in one hit from that stupid Metagross, there's no one better to turn to.

Charon

Rofl at the Gengar comment.

I'll admit, I'm a fangirl, alright. Just not the rabid kind. (I like Ivan as well... and *points at signature*)

I'll post some more later. I'm currently finding the waterwheel facinating.

Charon

More stuff (mainly just Copy Pasted from GSR but I DUN'T CARE LUL.
New stuff!

WANDERING RAINBOWS :3 Actually, the character is Hotupa, and he's a wanderer, so that's actually where that came from =P

Looks like Luc also likes red.
New drawing stuffies:

Ivan found a birdy, and it seems to be flattering him! He would only know with Mind Read, of course ^^

Hotupa, the guy in the "Wandering Rainbow" signature. I'm sure I missed some details - I was working on memory here, peeps! (Daigonite is my Deviantart. I'm not particually active, but I posted this there... so meh.)

Begging may be for dogs, but I like puppies. (Drake requested another signature banner, so I made him one. Every time I do so, I make a begging dog reference, lul)
And... of course:

weckar

I'm seeing all these banners here, and I'm thinking... do we even have a signature banner yet for other forums we visit? May increase activity here!

(though max height is often something like 140px?)