Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 22, 2018, 08:22:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord Wolframs castle of dreams.  (Read 3515 times)
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

I am the Angel of darkness and I am back.

Coins: 2

I am: fine!

« on: November 11, 2016, 08:19:48 PM »

Oh Boy a whole castle. What can we find here?
Let's start of with a nice athem of the castle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1LWHJBioiY
Come in, I welcome thee to the castle where everything you see is real and created by me.?
Thru art a worthy man as thee are welcomed to the magnificent building of the web.
http://www.andrisivanovs.com/
Then again who would go to the castle without any clue what's in  there.
So let me show thee small castle map:
Entrance:
Well pretty much known as the HOME page where you see things that show small layout here and there.
Small info about the lord of the castle... blah blah blah who reads that anyways.

NEWS
Whoa a page where you see news? news about election maybe
Not really but hey, I will always have made some new things of might get some interesting ideas.
Newer skip this page because who knows maybe those are breaking news,

PROJECTS & GAMES
what's the difference?
Projects are mostly some programming things that not everyone would be interested into while games contain no code but instead some info about games I've made, tried to make and will make.

http://i.imgur.com/9H1IFgI.png   // The picture is way too big for forum, better if I put a link here. [;):]

Well as the most recent interesting project I've started was ReSaNa DOS
Small C program supposed to work like an OS.
I don't plan to make it for any while longer but once the final things will be attached to it, I'll Upload the project and will send out as an open source program.

I'm always welcoming some interesting ideas and thoughts about what should be done better.
Well then, here I shall end the introduction for the castle, please pay a visit there and tell me what else I can do cool to make the castle look better. (I mean the content, the design is my own decision)

Thru art my guest and thee shall come and see the castle. Everything you have written here will be helpful to make more creative things.

View Profile WWW
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

Coins: 0

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »

Well you have been certainly busy!!
What is your occupation right now if I may ask?

That song... mhh
I like it a bit. I don't think it is really ambient though.
It is a lot more creative than the songs of a DJ I follow.
Are you into electronic music perhaps? (Oh wait I just saw your playlist)

Wow man that website looks pretty clean.
I think I am going to follow you if you keep updating.

I really thought for a second that you were making your own OS, but it only console....

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 09:29:07 PM »

*Fox is traveling from the woods looking for a new place to setting down.
*Fox sees a castle ahead. It looks kinda new and no body seems to be around.
*Fox takes a few leaps and sniffs as he advances through the path pass a creek.
*Fox notices there's a speaker/microphone at the door, so he then proceeds to speak.
*However, it appears that the front door has already opened, and he has been welcomed in.
*Fox takes a look at the man at the front door, and then down to his name tag which has a pin.

"Hello Andris Ivanovs... or is that Lord Wolfram? Is one your real name, and the other a title?" Fox asked as he curiously wondered where everybody else went.

"This place is looking pretty cool for a start... Although, it may still need some work.  Do you perhaps have a room I can stay in? Or must I go outdoors and set up a tent?"

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:31:09 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »

"Hello Andris Ivanovs... or is that Lord Wolfram? Is one your real name, and the other a title?" Fox asked as he curiously wondered where everybody else went.

Until the time when I'll change my citizenship to english speaking country that shall be my name yes, It's my name in my native language. However if we localize it, it's Andrew Ivanov

"This place is looking pretty cool for a start... Although, it may still need some work.  Do you perhaps have a room I can stay in? Or must I go outdoors and set up a tent?"

The blog already exists but because of recent spam none else is allowed to post. I'll see if I can set up a guest room and register people in castes house-book
View Profile WWW
roger
the blind-oriented developer
Jupiter Clan

Coins: 3

I am: chillin'

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:49:39 PM »

The OS is really cool. I'm no expert on OS but I worked wuth a guy at my last job who was a real OS expert. Is it a proof of concept sort of deal or does it have a specific application? Is it working closely with the hardware like early versions of DOS? Or are you using libraries for things like read/write files.

In my game I used a mockup DOS (not a real OS, but a file system simulator using gml's file handling commands). Wish more stuff was like that in games, it would be cool to have more with those sorts of simulations. Imagine if you had to "hack" a computer in a game with batch files or simulations of compilers.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:54:16 PM by Seto Kaiba » Logged

View Profile WWW
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 09:59:37 PM »

It's a basic code written in C.
Well it can't work in Vanilla PC as it's compiled in VS 2010.
I do plan on adding few other features like data handling in txt files.
Once I will have figured out those few things I'll release the source code.
After then I'll start my game project.
EDIT:
Almost forgot, I can edit txt files now but the tool isn't so flexible so I don't launch any update yet.

EDIT2:
I really thought for a second that you were making your own OS, but it only console....
Just now noticed this, lol.
Well what you expect. making an OS is not that simple and this alone serves as a good prototype. It's more than nothing.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:45:21 PM by Lord Wolfram » Logged
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »

Interested In Working With Us?
Get In Touch With Me in Facebook
Is this "Working" as in people can make money from you? Or is it just a simple way of allowing people to make any random contribution that they please? (I'm betting on the latter.)
So? Am I interested in working with y'all? Hmmm..... Maybe... at least for offering any programming advice I would likely have. (Regardless of whether paid or not.)

And interesting that Facebook is the only option listed. Nice picture, by the way.
Does that mean you accept Friend invitations? (Not that anyone is actually going on a friending-masquerade.) Or is it just for simple messaging?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:23:24 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 11:24:51 PM »

Interested In Working With Us?
Get In Touch With Me in Facebook
Is this "Working" as in people can make money from you? Or is it just a simple way of allowing people to make any random contribution that they please? (I'm betting on the latter.)
So? Am I interested in working with y'all? Hmmm..... Maybe... at least for offering any programming advice I would likely have. (Regardless of whether paid or not.)

And interesting that Facebook is the only option listed. Nice picture, by the way.
Does that mean you accept Friend invitations? (Not that anyone is actually going on a friending-masquerade.) Or is it just for simple messenging?
Well I am right not looking for a job myself so I am like trying my best to learn and be useful so I sadly can't pay.
Sure, a friend invitation is always welcomed, so long as it's not spam.
Well there are people who like to do amazing group projects so I think that it's great to invite people instead of siting alone in dark room and code for hours. Just like how Linux was made.

Programming advice sounds nice. Hmm... for the moment this place is the best for discussion until I will set up forum.
View Profile WWW
roger
Jupiter Clan

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 11:26:50 PM »

EDIT2:
Just now noticed this, lol.
Well what you expect. making an OS is not that simple and this alone serves as a good prototype. It's more than nothing.

So you built a file manager/manipulator in a console, still cool though. You should look into building a kernel if you want to go deeper. I don't know anything about that though.

View Profile WWW
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 11:29:05 PM »

So you built a file manager/manipulator in a console, still cool though. You should look into building a kernel if you want to go deeper. I don't know anything about that though.
err... better not. I might not have the time yeah. I have to learn some skill in C and then make a game. Must get the job I require so much else I might fail, parents kick me out of the house.... sad end I don't want to have.
View Profile WWW
roger
Jupiter Clan

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 11:38:31 PM »

Well, keep your game going, but try to find an area of expertise that you really enjoy. It will definitely help you build your career and make you stick out to potential employers. Even something as niche as "blind accessibility" is workable in that sense (as I've found out!). If you follow your passion and aim to become an expert, but keep yourself a flexible resource to employers, it will make you look much more viable. Don't fall into the "just out of college" trap. It's a great thing you're working on your own projects though, that's the first step.

View Profile WWW
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »

Well, keep your game going, but try to find an area of expertise that you really enjoy. It will definitely help you build your career and make you stick out to potential employers. Even something as niche as "blind accessibility" is workable in that sense (as I've found out!). If you follow your passion and aim to become an expert, but keep yourself a flexible resource to employers, it will make you look much more viable. Don't fall into the "just out of college" trap. It's a great thing you're working on your own projects though, that's the first step.
Yeah, well I'm just 18 so I am about to finish high school. I have few other projects somewhere. I remember making space shooter. Might look for it. Maybe there's some evidence left. Source code is with me too.
(I am printing out my source code, I have 138 pages of code printed so far. >.> In XNA(C#) and HTML
View Profile WWW
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »

"This place is looking pretty cool for a start... Although, it may still need some work.  Do you perhaps have a room I can stay in? Or must I go outdoors and set up a tent?"
Now as an update.
There are now rooms for visitors to stay in, but please don't forget that only those who are registered in our house book may stay, well we don't like playing with fire so...
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 02:24:12 PM »

Sounds good.

Just as something trivial, but interesting: I have Yoshi's Lighthouse set up so Guests can post anywhere, but there's still a Captcha because that's how ZetaBoards works.
No real problems yet, and it's been like that for quite a long time now. Same with those Google Docs that guests can edit. (But Google Docs don't do Captchas.)
It was like an experiment in the beginning.... but it's been so long now.... who knows.
In a sense, it is like experimenting on your house by not locking the doors when you leave, but still having your security cameras on. (Maybe your bedroom door is locked though... e.g. Admin group.)
Of course, I'm not doing that to a house at present, though.... but it sure would be interesting to try it one day. (With some not-so-deadly traps. :P e.g. Imagine jail bars dropping from the door ways when they are inside. And a code is used to unlock them. - The way to activate them could be when a secret alarm is on, and an expensive t.v. is unplugged, for example.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:04:39 PM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »

Small Update!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x555O0FmXI
+ I need help from this point, I'll set up the docs about the development and will upload the project pretty soon so I await your support.
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 03:35:58 PM
Fox: Referring to the Golf game.
Today at 03:35:07 PM
Fox: Interesting. So... Atrius's Editor = It seems there are fewer English lines in the (U) version? So the number of strings he coded in for is based on the (E) version.
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise