News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Quote from: leaf on 13, February, 2017, 03:38:18 AM
Kraken can be statused; it's notorious for being one of the only bosses in GS1 that status effects actually work against. And I believe stun is among them.
Maybe in the vanilla game but with my mod Luck > 40 means immunity.

QuoteSpeaking of Alecto's Mace, I sold two of them but not a single one appeared in Artifacts section even though the shop clerk...
I've already found and fixed this so hold on your Alectos' till next release. Thanks again!

QuoteI was thinking Piers' Seafarer class should have one...
The issue here is power. In my class design Warrior-like classes (strong attack & HP low PP) have a power cap on base power psynergies that is either 120 or 150. The only exceptions to this are mono elemental classes.

Caledor

Uploaded hf2 for TLA which fixes the Alecto's Mace bug: it can now be bought again if sold.

About the other bug (stunning bosses) i tested and didn't find anything wrong with it.
So please connoc, update your rom and tell me if it happens again.

connoc

The selling bug is fixed now, thanks!
I'll give you another report on Alecto's Mace stunning DD later
Update: No stunned DD seen. Will try with Star Magician and Dullahan but these two will take time.

VardenSalad

The Succubus - 2x Big Bear Enemy fight in Crossbone is fantastic, btw. Finally, Dull gets some value. Look to incorporate that idea again somewhere.
Never forget why you started playing.

VardenSalad

Same with the fight immediately after; the ghouls and the ghost mage thing. Them being susceptible to both poison and haunt made that fight winnable due to the DoT. Great boss fight.

pachichi

hi, first of all thx
second, why did you delete the 3rd psynergy for some of the 3 elemental classes? for example mia had gaia/prism/whirlwind series b4 as an elementalist, now its only got gaia/prism series
sry english
thx :)
pls put back XD

VardenSalad

Same thing for the Griffins. Poison and grind it out with double healing and Dull. I think this is fine and works well. I'm a fan.

The Grphyons may be a bit too strong though. The odds of making it out of the very first turn without one of them using twin beaks to one shot someone at level 19 can't be high. Perhaps tuning their attack down a touch. The AoE psynergy is fine, but twin beaks is a bit much.

Caledor

@pachichi: Design choice. Many things changed between Balance Age and Reloaded and one of them was the Worldwaker class, one of the few i never really liked in its first iterations. Now it finally found its place as the formerly non-existant venus-oriented caster for Mia&co with Cure (which received a huge boost in power between the 2 mods) and Gaia. If you're missing whirlwind both the Divine Mage is crazy good with Jupiter, while the Wild Mage and White Mage have Plasma despite specializing in Mars and Mercury respectively. Honestly, a 4th (out of 4) classes capable of jupiter offense was unneeded.

@Varden: Glad you're liking them, I knew it was a going to be good place to go wild with ailments, since they are strong fixed encounters but they don't count as bosses. About gryphons... I need a saveeeeee. I can't do any testing on my own anymore and I ain't gonna do an half assed job with them cause it's easier to make things worse than fix it.

Edit: Added as personal text right below my profile picture.

VardenSalad

I can assure you that I definitely have saved since then and at 14 hours in, is no small feat to get back to the same spot. Give me maybe a week and a way you recommend I give the .sav files and I'll give you ones for every major encounter.

connoc

What kind of save do you need? I mean, the one with access to every place/encounter in the game?

VardenSalad

@Cal: it also makes no sense that the Assassin Blade is a better weapon than the Mystery Blade, considering that the Mystery Blade is basically a treasure in an optional dungeon that you shouldn't even be at yet and you'd have to work pretty hard to NOT get the Assassin Blade, given how the Tolbi Spring works.

Caledor

@saves: my request is based on the assumption that anyone saves before fixed battles like djinn or bosses. And during that battle you know immediately if you see that something's wrong and you'd like to report it to me.

When that happens all you need to do is to remember to minimize your gba window and make a backup of your battery (.sav) file.

If you forget to save before even saving immediately after is good enough, cause i think i can just replace a random encounter anywhere on the map with the encounter you reported and test it. I just need your save for the stats/equipment setup.
If both don't happen, well, it just means that i'll look into that battle when i get there myself (unless it's terribly broken, in that case my compilation with older saves is enough), cause i really don't wanna anyone to go back in the game for the sole purpose of grabbing a save. playing through the game once more is supposed to be fun, not to feel like a chore, and i'm already grateful that you guys report your finds here.

As for how... for a single save file an attachment to the post is the best way. for 2 or more i'd say just .zip/.rar them and upload it anywhere you're comfortable with (if the rar is small enough the post here is still an option).

@Mistery/Assassin Blade. Considered doing that at least a thousand times. Don't remember why i ultimately settled on the assassin for the stronger one but i know it was really a close call so i could easily reconsider and switch their stats.

VardenSalad

In that situation, it sounds like making them equal would be okay as well, considering they're kind of thematic opposites anyways. One grants health to the wielder while the other ends the life of the opponent. or maybe equal attack and one prioritizing defense while the other, agility.

Rolina

Quote from: VardenSalad on 17, February, 2017, 11:22:29 AM
@Cal: it also makes no sense that the Assassin Blade is a better weapon than the Mystery Blade, considering that the Mystery Blade is basically a treasure in an optional dungeon that you shouldn't even be at yet and you'd have to work pretty hard to NOT get the Assassin Blade, given how the Tolbi Spring works.
Mystery Blade can be gotten before Assassin Blade.  That's why assassin blade was stronger.  I think the bigger problem is that because you can get multiple assassin blades, it renders the mystery blade moot since you'll rarely get a chance to use it - similar to a lot of the forged/rusted weapons worked in TLA.  I think making them equal in power and thematically opposed in how they work as you suggested would be a good way to handle implementation - good idea.

Caledor

VardenSalad

I think that the unleash for the Frost Wand, Frostbite, is overtuned. I'm not at my computer, so I can't check it in the editor, but I'm pretty sure Mia is doing way too much damage with the unleash.

Caledor

Please give more info: damage done, Mia's elemental power, max pp, enemy and damage done against the same enemy with a random offensive mercury psynergy.

VardenSalad

Maybe I need to do more testing, but she seemed to randomly pop out 200+ damage on the unleash. It might have just been against weaker enemies or ones weak to Mercury.

Caledor

200 is not impossible but definitively really high, cause the gap in mercury pow/res difference between her and her target must be in the 130-150 range.

VardenSalad

Toadonpa is good, btw. Manages to consistently poison the majority of my team over the course of a fight. I'm sort of afraid that people who aren't dedicated to let Garet cast Protect very, very often with get steamrolled from the constant defense lowering.

The Jupiter Djinn in Babi Lighthouse needs more powerful psynergy. Wind Slash and Blue Bolt are just not scary at this point in the game. Maybe it's packing 3rd level Plasma or Thunderhead and I got lucky, but it was a pushover.