News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!

Started by Rolina, 13, October, 2009, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Here's an idea... see my first post?  Separate all your sprites and then do what I did there - update it with all your current sprites and include the name for each of the sprites.

Salanewt

Okay, I like that Idea. Anyway, I will work on that very shortly.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Hmm... I need some ideas.  I spent all day yesterday blowing this off and playing Disgaea 3 instead, so... the question is what to make now.  Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Well, you can try googling just anythng and filter it down so it searches only icons and customizing those.

Edit: Should you also filter it down to clipart may be your choice.

But here are some general ideas, but you probably won't like them:

-household items
-gardening equipment
-school supplies
-clothing (wigs, shirts, etc.)
-drinks/food (like that chicken leg Salanewt made for example)
-etc.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Well, I will not be making any more icons until tomorrow. However, this will give me enough time to think of what else to make.

I am starting to think of a ball and chain, or a flail type of weapon.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: charleysdrpepperWell, you can try googling just anythng and filter it down so it searches only icons and customizing those.

Edit: Should you also filter it down to clipart may be your choice.

But here are some general ideas, but you probably won't like them:

-household items
-gardening equipment
-school supplies
-clothing (wigs, shirts, etc.)
-drinks/food (like that chicken leg Salanewt made for example)
-etc.
Actually, that was me asking if anyone had any requests... C>

Aile~♥

lulz

Anywho, maybe an icon for the item Ruin Shard that I created would be good? It would probably end up being something along the lines of a brown Cyclone Chip.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Hm... I suppose I could make one sometime. However, it will probably be a little while, considering my computer restarted on me yet again while I was away. I still (should) have all of the icons that I made before I left, but I do not want to have to find it again tonight.

Have a nice day.

Kain

Okay, here's my attempt with an already existing image.

Gungnir

I took the Venin Lance from Fire Emblem and recolored it.  I tried to rotate it, but the blade and head no longer matched up and it looked wrong, so I left it as is.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Looks good. However, I would add a few lighter pixels near the left side of the sprite, and fewer darker ones on the handle.

Have a nice day.

Charon

...that doesn't look like the GS palette, though. If you don't match it up, we wouldn't be able to insert it D:

It's good though, albeit... different... and smaller... o.o

Rolina

I can't seriously recommend using sprites from other games.  Rather than using an FE sprite as the base, it's probably safer to use a GS sprite.  Also, remember the 16 color limit and palette restriction.

Kain

Hey there, the name's Kain.  Well, someone somehow got me into spriting and...well here's the end result.

Mind you, this is the very first sprite I've EVER made.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

Wow... that's really... basic.  Like, 8-bit basic.  Try using the Necronomicon's sprite as a basis to edit next time.  It's much easier to take a pre-existing sprite and change it into something else than it is to just poof one out of thin air, so I suggest starting with sprite EDITING, rather than sprite CREATING.  I have instructions in the first post, as well as a link to the sprites you'll need for editing.  Also, don't forget to render the background transparent.  I suggest using Paint.net for that.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

DON'T KILL ME FOR NECROPOSTING!!!

Uhh I have one:

Please don't hurt me this is the first time I've even edited a sprite ^_^

Rolina

We don't kill for necroposting here.  We really don't care, so long as you have something worthwhile to contribute.  Also, this forum uses BBCode, not HTML.  Just a heads up. *goes and fixes your post*

Edit:  Huh, not too bad, I suppose.  According to the name of the icon, that's Death Edge, right?  I'm guessing it'd be similar to Annihilation in its use... what element is it?

Aile~♥

I'd guess it's probably Venus or Mars elemental, due to the darkness theme.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Shine, Flash, and Iris, all of which were mars elemental, seem to have light themes to them.  Jupiter seems to share it, when you look at some of the unleashes.  Venus and Mercury have the darkness themes, when you look at the djinn, summons, and some of the psys.  However, I tend to opt to change them to non-elemental, since I don't think that light and dark themes should go with the elemental themes at all...

Then again, the Sol Blade has a Venus unleash...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Thanks Role for fixing my post^-^
Now I'll go and make some more icons BYE!!, BUT THAT UNLEASH LOOKS MARS ELEMENTAL!!(But I know it's Venus)

Rolina

I know, right?  It's very similar to the Meteor summon.  Personally, the SOL BLADE should have a non-elemental unleash, reflecting the thematics of Sol and light, but oh well...