News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!

Started by Rolina, 13, October, 2009, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Yeah. Unfortunately, I have noticed that most psynergies and non basic equipment (like the ones with unleashes) are never non-elemental. I don't know why Camelot did this, but most of the time, it does not make any sense (also, Flora looks more like it should be 2 Venus and 1 Jupiter, not the other way around). Oh well, I will make more icons soon.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Just a few more recolored icons for a Jupiter beam spell
Aura Beam
Aura Laser
Aura Cannon

And I always thought that the Aura spell made more sense as a Jupiter psynergy. AND I KNOW THESE ARE THE BEAM ICONS!!!

Salanewt

Oh cool, those are nice recolours to them. It always made sense to me that Aura would be like Light, which is often affiliated with Fire. However, the Aura series, in my opinion, should either be renamed to something like the "Heat" series, or should be made non-elemental.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Thanks  :happy: Here's some other icons
Exorcise
The Exorcise spell acts like the repel evil option at a sanctum

MY FIRST ARMOR ICON (yay!)
Hydro Armor

Sorry for the lil mess up on the armor my brother made me rush :Sweat:

Rolina

There's just one problem - are you following the pallete restrictions?  The only colors we're allowed to use were provided by Atrius on the first page, and I don't think you've been using them... so while it looks cool, it also looks like you're gonna have to redo it like I had to redo the Galvorn Alloy...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Aww  :sad: but do I have to change the psynergy icon, or the armor, or both of them?
I'll change 'em both anyways  :happy:

Salanewt

What you could do is keep the originals, and make recoloured duplicates if you like the originals? Your choice. Do you want some tips for getting other colours, or will you be fine (well, not actually getting other colours, but tricking the eyes)?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

That's what I did with Galvorn Alloy.  I kept the original, then tried to make something as close to the original that I could using the color palette restrictions.

Rolina

Removed

Rolina

Removed

Rolina

Removed

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I've got a name for it! Napalm! Pretty cool huh?

And wow you're makin' a LOT of fire spells aren't ya?

And I like the second to last one best!

Rolina

No, I'm making a lot of Jupiter and Mercury spells.  And the occasional Venus spell.  I noticed this and was all "Oh, CRAP!  I'm neglecting Mars!  I blame Garet. >_>"

Aile~♥

Quote from: Role on 25, March, 2010, 08:10:53 AM
No, I'm making a lot of Jupiter and Mercury spells.  And the occasional Venus spell.  I noticed this and was all "Oh, CRAP!  I'm neglecting Mars!  I blame Garet. >_>"

I lol'd.

third icon: star fall
first icon: star strike
second icon: star storm

Actually, those names sound almost like they ought to be Jupiter psys. Ah, well...
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Change star to Meteo and it could work.

Meteo Fall
Meteo strike
Meteo Storm

I'd do Meteor, but it's a sum---

Okay, so not in my hack, but for other people, it's a summon.

I'm replacing it with Vulcan, I think...  It'll have a similar animation, but because of how I'm doing the non-single djinn summons, Meteor doesn't work.  You'd be fighting a giant rock.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteYou'd be fighting a giant rock.
That'd be fun to see! Wouldn't it?

Also: Liking the Meteo series BTW!

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Actually, my line of thought was:

Meteor → Oh, right, Meteor's a summon → FF Called one version Meteo... → Meteo

RTGreece21

Quote from: Atrius on 13, October, 2009, 09:18:00 PM
If you're interested in keeping them GS compatible, actual icons are limited to a 16 color palette:

Would character sprites have a certain colour pallette too, then?
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

For all GS palette discussion I point you to this topic.

If you're going to be creating sprites I'd also like to point you to this topic on image formats.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]