Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 27, 2017, 03:27:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Error/Glitch Reports  (Read 24149 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 4

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« on: November 04, 2009, 04:52:14 AM »

After the move, a few things have been noticed as being out of place.  If you find such a thing, please post a link to the culprit(s) here and tell us what type of problem you found.

Here's the types:
  • A topic that is locked that shouldn't be
  • A topic that shouldn't be locked but is
  • A topic who's first post isn't by the actual topic starter (due to errors in the transfer.  Usually given away by the first post having Re:)
  • A topic that should be merged with another topic (caused by the merging of the two old forums.  This results in duplicate topics - the first forum's version, and the second forum's version.  Please post links to BOTH topics.)
    • THIS INCLUDES INTRODUCTION TOPICS.  Many people introduced themselves twice - once on the first, and once on the second forum.  Sometimes even again on the third.  There's no point in multiple introductions, so please list any duplicate intros you find.
  • A topic that should be moved to a different forum/subforum (some topics made in the first forum fit better in one of the second or third forum's sub-forums)
  • A topic who's formatting has been messed up by the move (examples include fonts, pics, emotes, and colors that didn't survive the transition)

It would be greatly appreciated if you reported anything else that doesn't seem right here, as well.  Remember to describe the issue type too, that way we know what we're dealing with.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:00:27 AM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Fox
(Your name), the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 17

I am: You. (What's your name?)
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 05:16:58 AM »

Edit by Role: Fixed.

Number one and two seem the same but said differently.

I have noticed topics which are not locked that should be locked. I can tell, or else that Reply button would have disappeared for me. So if this post fits for this topic I shall continue.

Okay, hopefully after giving you these two pictures you will understand:

GOLDEN SUN HACKING COMMUNITIES:

MY TEST FORUM:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:02:42 AM by Role » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Isaac Isaac Isaac Isaac Mwahahaha!!!
Garet Aah! Get away from me Issac!
Isaac Why do you spell my name wrong?
Garet They said to add 's' if it's plural.
View Profile
Lord Squirtle
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 26

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:02 PM »

Hm... I sort of have an error report here. This is an odd glitch that has happened in every message that I have typed except for the last one... Anyway, when I type a lot of text and it goes past the bottom edge of the text box (where the text is when you type), the screen jumps to where I type a new letter, and then it goes back to the top.

This wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the fact that it looks like the text is just flashing in front of my eyes... It just goes so fast... I can't stop... Pretty... Pretty... Ooh, who am I? Where am I? Why do I have a craving for chicken?

Have a nice day.

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:26 PM »

... You really posted a tutorial on how to lock topics... Seriously?  We're not completely incompetent, give us some credit.

I'll look into it Salanewt.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Lord Squirtle
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 12:09:33 AM »

Okay, thanks Atrius.

Hehe, a tutorial for locking topics, hehe... Might not be much use to most of us though, but it is nice to know.

Have a nice day.

Edit: This isn't much, but the last two posts in "Salanewt's Rants" were switched.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:16:43 AM by Salanewt » Logged

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 05:33:15 AM »

Something I've noticed - sometimes the 'new posts' picture works, other times it doesn't.  Dunno if this is just a hiccup, or what...

Edit: Figured it out.  The new posts pic works fine... but not the 'new posts in the subforum' pic.  We fixed this in Invisionfree by assigning the 'new posts' pic going sideways if there was a post in the subforum, but not the main forum (iirc).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:36:41 AM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 12:15:16 PM »

Also, though this is minor, the avatar limit seems to be pretty small in comparison to the old boards.  You used to be fine with 150x150 or even 200x200... my current avi should be 140x149, but it looks reduced in size to the point that you can barely make out the detail...  There's plenty of horizontal room for it without column stretching, too.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:35:03 PM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Fox
(Your name), the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 17

I am: You. (What's your name?)
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »

The tutorial was for the proof, and so y'all can NOT lie, mwahahaha. Or even ask a question of ANY sort afterwards, my goal was to be as CLEAR as possible. And ah yes, Charon would have probably done it if I didn't say anything.

This post has been edited.

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Isaac Isaac Isaac Isaac Mwahahaha!!!
Garet Aah! Get away from me Issac!
Isaac Why do you spell my name wrong?
Garet They said to add 's' if it's plural.
View Profile
Lord Squirtle
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »

Hm... Oh yes, Role? For your error report, I would like to guess that it is related to the problem with my avatar... In a way at least. Remember the size of my avatar at the last two forums? That is what this one is supposed to be, lol.

So, it seems that some avatars are also expanded here.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:58:38 PM »

The tutorial was for the proof, and so y'all can NOT lie, mwahahaha. Or even ask a question of ANY sort afterwards, my goal was to be as CLEAR as possible. And ah yes, Charon would have probably done it if I didn't say anything.

This post has been edited.

Congratulations, you've successfully had us remove everyone's ability to post in those topics.  Would you like me to revoke any other privileges of yours as well?   Happy

View Profile WWW
Lord Squirtle
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »

Hm... Oh yes, could you please revoke our breathing rights too (lol)? Perhaps we could also have... Actually, lets let Charley decide, hehehe.

I think I need to make an update to my avatar soon anyway (not much of one, but there still will be one).

Oh yes, did you fix the posts in "Salanewt's Rants" topic?

Have a nice day.

Edit: Thanks for fixing the avatar problem!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:36:21 PM by Salanewt » Logged

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 0

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »

Since I have no idea how to change this myself, and I wouldn't want to meddle with Atrius's uploading work, I'll just post an error here:

For some reason, my post is first when it should be Suzumibachi's. Dunno why, maybe it got cut off when you split the thread?
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 10:44:15 PM »

For some reason the boards code had avatars set to be the maximum size regardless of their actual size, then it would shrink them to their regular size with Javascript if they were actually smaller.

I rewrote the code so that it has them at their normal size by default, then shrinks them with Javascript if they're too large.  Basically reversed what it was before, since this way makes more sense to me anyway, and will be more friendly to people with Javascript problems as long as no one is using a gigantic avatar.

Reordering posts requires editing the database directly.  It takes a bit of work, so I'll get around to fixing them when I am able.

View Profile WWW
Lord Squirtle
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 10:59:13 PM »

Sweet, thanks Atrius!

Wait, this is strange... You know how you avatar is shown in the top left corner neat the navigation controls? I think the image up there actually grew in size. If you want an image, then I can upload one.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 11:02:58 PM »

Whoa, he's right.  I didn't notice until he pointed it out.

View Profile WWW
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:17:52 AM
Fox: (e.g. The process of reomving, replacing, adding, and/or moving around current ability effects to other index numbers.... ETC.)
Today at 12:15:33 AM
Fox: Or an Ability Effect editor, even.... But I imagine most of those would involve have patches applied to help with compatibility, and what not.?
Today at 12:10:36 AM
Fox: Hm. Oh! Did Atrius's Editor contain code from the April Fools version? Might be cool to have that, I'm guessing? - And yes, tools... even specific feature tools... Like an Intellect Editor, maybe.... If it was practical. (Not saying doable, but practical.)
Yesterday at 11:58:08 PM
Lord Squirtle: And yeah, "far less user-friendly" as an argument relies on the current lack of tools that could make using that easier.
Yesterday at 11:57:26 PM
Lord Squirtle: Since the GS editor is actually slower than using a hex editor is when it comes to classes, especially if you are mostly copying or tweaking existing classes to make full lines for them.
Yesterday at 11:56:18 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well I mean, it's the kind of effect that could easily be applied to a number of abilities if one wants. Having to open up a hex editor to use it for each of those abilities would take some time, and wouldn't really be as worthwhile as it can be for classes.
Yesterday at 11:50:27 PM
Fox: Far less user-friendly? Hm? I would say it depends on the tools/and such... For example, still haven't gotten my Exporter project done....
Yesterday at 10:07:39 PM
Lord Squirtle: But what I was thinking of doing with the unused effects was figuring out which ones are still available and combining them; averaging out the differences between each one so they make up for the ones that are missing.
Yesterday at 10:05:36 PM
Lord Squirtle: I may consider moving the effects to the end of the effect list, since I moved the pointer table and added some empty space on the end. My main concern with that is that it would be far less user friendly.
Yesterday at 08:06:20 PM
Fox: Heh... Starting to make me want to add the Ability Editor to my own Editor now... So I can do that, and have chance values listed for each and every one. (So it is more specific than Atrius's editor.)
Yesterday at 08:03:06 PM
Fox: Well, 0-255.
Yesterday at 08:02:53 PM
Fox: The max probably being 255.
Yesterday at 08:00:09 PM
Fox: (@Editor modification: In which case, I would recommend adding support up to the maximum number for future purposes.... if at all reasonably possible.)
Yesterday at 07:53:50 PM
Fox: @Disabling them: It kinda would be a trade-off for those who want to use those effects that went unused.... ...  I have a suggestion, though... and it might be rather interesting. But have you thought about using one of the unused flags to like... switch out Effect lists? (So you can have your own if you don't want to modify the editor.) I imagine it is rather unnecessary, though. Since it is easy enough to extend the list with a quick editor modification.
Yesterday at 04:46:01 PM
Lord Squirtle: And elements too from the looks of things.
Yesterday at 04:44:05 PM
Lord Squirtle: Makes me wonder how much work it would take to add more djinn slots.
Yesterday at 04:30:45 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well, total - 1.
Yesterday at 04:30:13 PM
Lord Squirtle: Huh, neat. I think I found the part of the djinn battle menu code that decides how many djinn of each element exist.
Yesterday at 02:53:07 PM
Lord Squirtle: I should probably look into disabling the multiplier chance for those now that I think about it.
Yesterday at 02:52:17 PM
Lord Squirtle: I still am, but mainly because it doesn't look like there are any abilities that use those effects.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise