News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Isaac in Super Smash Bros Brawl: How would he play?

Started by leaf, 11, December, 2009, 11:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

QuoteI don't exactly know all the fancy smash terms anyway, but I do play Smash fairly often.

Same here. Anyway, Isaac Falcon would be pretty funny, lol. Go, Sol Punch! Princess Isaac would be funny too.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Nah, what about Pika-Link?(Pikachu+Link=Pika-Link) I'm sorry for going off topic, so I know this is gonna be harder than Isaac in SSBB but instead of Isaac why not try to put Felix in SSBB instead.Felix is sooo bad-@#$, he's WAY better than Isaac (please don't hurt me)

Aile~♥

If I were going to put Felix in Brawl I would make him basically be a slower but more powerful version of Isaac. His moves would be hard-hitting and somewhat reminiscent of Ike's.

Actually, for Isaac it would have to be Gaia Punch, and for Felix it would be Sol Punch.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

If referring to the final weapons of both games, true. However, I was talking about some of Alchemy itself being in the Mars Star (well, at first it was the Sol Blade, then I changed my mind).

Anyway, may I please test it too if you can get Isaac to work?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Insularity

And there are two reasons why they shouldn't put Felix in.

1. There is no model for him, they'd have to make one themselves
2. Everyone like Isaac better.

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

leaf

Sala: Of course. It's going to be an open beta when we finally get something worth presenting.

Quote from: InsularityThanks :P

QFT. If someone makes a model for felix that can be imported into brawl (this means rigged and everything), I'd love to know about it, but the fact of the matter is, you can't do anything without a model.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 18, December, 2009, 05:08:05 PM
Sala: Of course. It's going to be an open beta when we finally get something worth presenting.

Quote from: InsularityThanks :P

QFT. If someone makes a model for felix that can be imported into brawl (this means rigged and everything), I'd love to know about it, but the fact of the matter is, you can't do anything without a model.
Putting Felix in Brawl would be next to impossible.
And Insularity your second reason for why Felix isn't in is JUST YOUR OPINION

Insularity

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Ehic

I see Issacs playstyle similar to Link and olimars. Keep the enemy away with projectiles/disjointed attacks then get the kill, also does really good on stage and horrible off stage (due to weak jumps and bad recovery special). pnto the move set

Jab: 2 or 3 hit sword combo
f-tilt: diagonal slash in front of him
d-tilt: sweeps at the feet with the sword (maybe cause tripping)
u-tilt: slashes above him
F-smash: Flint Idea you mentioned
D-smash: Titan blade (Gaia blades unleash)
U-smash: Gaia surrounds Issac (similar to lucas's upsmash in animation)
Nair: I have no idea
Fair: two handed slash in front of him
Dair: slashes below him from back to front
Uair: Slashe above
Zair: Force
Neutral Special: Ragnarok (chargeable like marth/ike/roy neutral special)
Forward Special: Move (just like the assist trophy, no damage just pushes back the enemy)
Down special: Quake (similar to DK's down special)
Up special: Retreat
Grab: I like the catch idea

Note on Snakes tech chase, What makes his down throw so good is that he can limit his opponents option with his exlposive, giving him a better a chance to guess right and regrab.

Pkmn-Master

Hai guis luk wut I foun.

What this is is just the Blue Alloy's model replaced with Isaac's.
I so love how that cape moves!
:!:
:Isaac:

EDIT: I could have sworn I've posted more here..

Aile~♥

leaf

We scrapped the project. I think someone else is working on him now. The only character I'm working on atm is darkrai.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Zach

Really? You mean Fortwaffle? If so, he already quit on his Isaac awhile back ._.

leaf

Oh. Then I guess isaac isn't being worked on at all anymore then >_>
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Rolina

leaf

Custom characters take a lot of work. When I was working on isaac, we were still restricted to using alloys, which is a large part of why the project was put down. But we got the ability import models from other games before we got the ability to use low bone count models (like assist trophies, although plenty of models from other games have low bone counts, too), and that's when I picked up project darkrai. Maybe if no one else does, I'll eventually go back and do isaac, this time on a proper character. Don't count on it anytime soon, though.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Zach

You do know that the bone adder was released several weeks ago right? So if you ever decide to go back to working on Isaac, you could always use the bone adder so he can be used on an ACTUAL character

Aile~♥

^late reply is late.

He already mentioned the Bone Adder and the concept of going back and doing Isaac. He's just in the middle of another project.

leaf

This is how I know people don't read my posts.

An exact quote of what I just said, but with the relevant parts bolded:
Quote from: leafgreen386 on 01, April, 2010, 11:03:20 AM
Custom characters take a lot of work. When I was working on isaac, we were still restricted to using alloys, which is a large part of why the project was put down. But we got the ability import models from other games before we got the ability to use low bone count models (like assist trophies, although plenty of models from other games have low bone counts, too), and that's when I picked up project darkrai. Maybe if no one else does, I'll eventually go back and do isaac, this time on a proper character. Don't count on it anytime soon, though.
I'm having a hard time understanding how you managed to figure out that I was considering working on isaac again without noticing any one of the three out of five sentences in this post that clearly demonstrate I know about the bone adder.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Zach