News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Touhou Project Fanclub

Started by Rolina, 28, December, 2009, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteOn top of this, the hardest setting is LUNATIC, which... yeah.... I'm kinda... not Asian.  I'd get pwn'd in five seconds flat.
Role, being asian doesn't really help in playing the Touhou games, y'know. Look at me, I get a game over on a stage 3 on lunatic, and that's with continues on and the number of lives set at the highest it can be. Asian people are only good at gaming because they play videogames alot, y'know. It's all becuase asians get games earlier than the rest of the world.

Hoopa

Not necessarily... I know some asians who are just naturally good at a lot of videogames.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Nero, what's some of the first comments that show up when someone does an epic feat of gaming?  "I bet they're Asian."

Basically, the culture in Asia is... different than here.  Not sure how, but somehow that allows them to be quite epic at games, in ways that blow us out of the water.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Just beat IN on hard, PCB on hard and EoSD on hard. WOOT!

No, I didn't make a video of it, HyperCam makes my games run like crap.

And don't even get me started with Fraps.

Rolina

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

From what it says on that site, Touhou 13 is gonna be AWESOME.

Shinigami

This is how epically I fail at Touhou...
[spoiler] 2nd attempt 3rd attempt 4th attempt[/spoiler]
First and , unfortunately, only Touhou game I have played so far...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also
So nanoka~

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteThis is how epically I fail at Touhou...
There's no fail here, you WERE playing on LUNATIC. Losing is expected on Lunatic mode.
Hell, I haven't beat a Touhou game on Lunatic, yet.
The closest I got, was last stage on IN.
If you EVER try IN on Lunatic, pick Reimu&Yukari, every other team is just suicide.

I play Touhou on Hard and Normal though. Easy mode is for people who can't handle all those bullets flying around the screen.

Shinigami

I've found that I like Remilia most... even on Lunatic.
Flandre>Remilia>Chuck Norris
In my opinion.

I dreamt about bullet patterns last night... :sad:

Thank you Role, without you I would never have noticed what is an AWESOME series of games.
So nanoka~

Arch-Dullahan

Quote from: Shinigami on 15, March, 2011, 04:26:12 PM
Flandre>Remilia>Chuck Norris...
...I dreamt about bullet patterns last night... :sad:
A) I just noticed that I havnt made myself a public touhou fan yet soo...
TOUHOU IS EPIC XD
B) Agrees with the first part (flandre>remilia>chuck norris part)
C) 2nd part... there is no hope... jk

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteTOUHOU IS EPIC XD
Touhou is epic? No it's not. IT'S MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME!

What's more awesome than immortal little girls beating the crap out of each other with magic bullets to some really epic music? NOTHING.

Arch-Dullahan

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 19, March, 2011, 09:37:11 AM
QuoteTOUHOU IS EPIC XD
Touhou is epic? No it's not. IT'S MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME!

What's more awesome than immortal little girls beating the crap out of each other with magic bullets to some really epic music? NOTHING.
That's kinda what I meant by EPIC...

leaf

Quote from: XxGameWizardxX on 20, March, 2011, 03:10:38 PM
i don like tohou its too hard :sad:
...even on easy? And you can't tell me you don't like the music >_>
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Hoopa

Touhou is awesome. But unfortunately, I fail to even reach the second level. Then again, I always play on the hardest difficulty so...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Ah, you should try to work on a lower difficulty, just not easy since, well, it's "easy modo"...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Do people actually use easy mode? I've never used it.

Griever

I'm getting tempted to play this game. I usually start at normal (all games) then increase difficulty during my 2nd play-through.

Hoopa

Ah, I tend to do the reverse. Start on hardest and then everything will be a cinch once you get the hang of it. Unfortunately... Touhou is hard... >.<

Arch-Dullahan

I tend to play ALL games on the hardest that is there. I find that touhou on lunatic is all right until stage 3 final. Cirnos homing like attack is annoying though... Also, why if this is a touhou FANCLUB is there someone continously complaining about the game here (XxGameWizardxX) . no offence but if you dont like the game you should probably not announce it in a fanclub...

Shinigami

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 19, March, 2011, 09:37:11 AM
QuoteTOUHOU IS EPIC XD
ATouhou is epic? No it's not. IT'S MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME!

What's more awesome than immortalB little girls beating the crap out of each other with magic bullets to some really epic music? NOTHING.
A=massive understatement.
B=You seem to have forgotten the adjective cute...

I like games that are hard, unless they're puzzle games like mahjong solitaire.
I almost always play on the hardest setting first time round. Usually it's to prevent me getting bored, or having to restart later on the hardest difficulty and lose all progress so far...
Just out of interest, what are peoples favourite touhou characters?
So nanoka~