News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Saying it without saying it, exactly. Basically, they remind me of Dialga and Palkia in a way. The original Dialga and Palkia had enough detail (getting dangerously close to having too much, but they still look good while also being able to tell them apart), but these two look too similar. I guarantee that if one were to be painted the same shade as the other (like having the black one become white as well), there would be almost nothing to tell them apart. Of course, I normally try to wait until I see some form of a sprite before I criticize, but I prefer it when a Pokemon looks different than another.

Think of it this way. They both have heads, they both have bodies, they both have wings attached to their arms in some way, they both have tails, and they both have similar legs and feet. They both have Palkia's body shape... You get the picture. Of course, the white one also has a tuft of hair sticking out in a way that does not look PG13 (but then again, looking at Palkia for too long makes you look at how "suggestive" his neck/head and shoulders look). One also looks metallic while the other is furry, but that is still barely a difference.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Salanewt on 09, September, 2010, 03:31:39 PM
Saying it without saying it, exactly. Basically, they remind me of Dialga and Palkia in a way. The original Dialga and Palkia had enough detail (getting dangerously close to having too much, but they still look good while also being able to tell them apart), but these two look too similar. I guarantee that if one were to be painted the same shade as the other (like having the black one become white as well), there would be almost nothing to tell them apart. Of course, I normally try to wait until I see some form of a sprite before I criticize, but I prefer it when a Pokemon looks different than another.

Think of it this way. They both have heads, they both have bodies, they both have wings attached to their arms in some way, they both have tails, and they both have similar legs and feet. They both have Palkia's body shape... You get the picture. Of course, the white one also has a tuft of hair sticking out in a way that does not look PG13 (but then again, looking at Palkia for too long makes you look at how "suggestive" his neck/head and shoulders look). One also looks metallic while the other is furry, but that is still barely a difference.

Have a nice day.
Really my brother told me that some people in serebii said Reshiram(the white one) looked like a metal gear, and it actually does. :VenusDjinni:
Dood.

Charon

I can say this about the new Pokemon, however - I'm rather impressed with the birds this time around. With even just that I might pick up a copy of White if I have the money.

Rolina

Agreed.  We have a pigeon that actually LOOKS like a Pigeon.  Five bucks says the cities are crowded with them, and that you do NOT want to be a statue.
The eagle one looks pretty awesome, too.

Question is - can the compete with the epic win that was Staraptor?  We've never had a bird that competent - the others were early-game mons at best, but Staraptor was actually good past post game - IIRC, the only non-legend bird you ever THINK of using in metagame.  Can they even come close to rivaling it?

leaf

While I doubt the pigeon will be, the dyna blade clone might just be awesome enough to have a chance =p
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Staraptor was an emo grey swellow imho

I'm really digging the birds though. I'm a total bird freak (hello, almost remembered an entire bird field guide lol) so I love using them in battle. Swana looks kinda meh though.

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 11, September, 2010, 05:46:43 PM
Staraptor was an emo grey swellow imho
So the perfect bird through and through for you, eh Goth Bird Girl?

Charon

Oh, come on! Goth totally isn't emo.

Dude, if they made a Crow Raven that would be freaking awesome. The closest thing we got is Honchkrow. Meh, how hard is it to make a white-clown-faced crow? They're called Rooks!

Rolina

So... y'alls opinion on the Goth-loli answer to Gardevoir?  I've got five bucks that there's a chance of male, too.  And the fandom shall cringe... again.

Griever

WOW i feel lost here .......

Any way i finally got my hands on the Pokemon Gale of Darkness (gamecuble) its kinda nice ... since its a change from the ones i have been playing ...... i will start playing it after finishing fire emblem path or radiance and radiant dawn .... any one have played it(Gale of Darkness) ?

the female Gardevoir looks alright so i hope the male one does so too  :Sweat: ..... and they will probably have to work a lot on the evolution (assuming they wont go and copy something else)

Salanewt

It is fun, but the Pokemon that you can get are very limited. On the positive side, there are 12 different Pokemon that you can get an unlimited amount of, three of those are the Johto starters (I think you can get an unlimited amount of them). You are also guaranteed to get Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and I think Lugia. You also have Eevee as your starter, and you can evolve it into any of the 5 evolutions (came out before the fourth generation was finished).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Omg the Goth-Gardevoir would be awesome. Far more awesome than that star-galaxy thing they chugged out for Gen 5. meh.

GoD sucks for EV training but I think it was kind of cool... I guess. :/ I caught the shadow Lugia with a Pokeball though XD

leaf

I like catching literally everything in masterballs in colo. IIRC that was fixed in XD, though =(
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Awesome?  I dunno, goth-loli Gardevoir looks kinda... O.o to me.  Too much collagen, I guess.

I also think it'd look better with ACTUAL drill hair, rather than the imitation stuff.

leaf

Oh! That's who you were talking about. The lolita poke! (No, not that lolita.)
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Rolina

Goth Loli Gardevoir.  I mean, come on - she literally screams it!  Watch, if it's a 50/50 chance for male and female, then it'll even be it LITERALLY.

But yeah, just look at the disc things outside the hair.  How does that not scream 'drill hair'?  I love that hair style in animation (looks stupid in real life, though.  Pitty...).

Salanewt

She almost does look like a trace of Gardevoir...

Also, I did not pay attention to Vaati before. It seems that they are allowing a Zelda cameo as a Pokemon... Wicked (Koromori)! Looks a bit fluffier, and has a smaller eye though. I wonder if it is Vaati's baby or something?

In other news, it turns out that Bambi (who changes with the season) can evolve into its father. Bottles also evolves, looks almost like it joins Grunty's army or something. Nintendo seems to have a thing with monkies, as we now apparently have two clones of the Tree Monkey (one of water and one of fire). We now have a cute and cuddly tarantula, golden colour (it looks nice and cute, also an electric bug). There is now a new species of piranha (talk about being really original, right?) and a bull with an afro.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml - New updates. Everything still looks a bit disappointing to me though.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

That bull don't take no bull from nobodeh!

Sorry.  I won't do it again, promise.

Like I've said many times - they're hit or miss, all of them.

Also, I actually like the 3v3 battles.  Think of it - An IRL battle frontier where you pit 3 on 3.  I call Tycoon status!

Salanewt

As long as it is not forced too often, then it could get interesting.

Also, you could do the bull thing again, I found it quite funny.

Have a nice day.

Charon

Considering how little they did it with 2-2 in both Gen III and IV, I wouldn't be surprised if it were limited to only a few battles outside of any sort of event place like the Battle Tower/Frontier (because you KNOW they'll do just the BT so they can make another game with the Frontier just to make you piss away more money lol)