News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Funny discoveries :)

Started by Privjet, 07, March, 2010, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Privjet

Replayed the game last week when I was stuck on a train for 8 hours, and found somethings that I didn't think about last time I played it.

For example when you mind-read a lumberjacker in Kolima he thinks "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okey ... I think." XD
When you're on the boat, the guy who hides the anchor says to himself "Maybe WE shouldn't have hidden the anchor".

Some discoverers you feel like sharing? :)

Salanewt

Lol, a Monty Python reference? I did not expect it... Anyway, I have been planning on beating the games again, so I will see (of course, I will use my action replay to give one of my characters Mind Read early).

One thing that I did notice was that when you had Mia with you (go and beat Mercury Lighthouse before doing that stuff in Kolima), and you go to Kolima forest and beat Tret (and I think you should use the Hermes' Water on him), the town with the cursed person near the entrance (forget name, another reason why I want to beat them again) will have its citizens talking about "the three boys who removed the curse," as well as the mayor completely ignoring Mia when you go to talk to him.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Cerulyth

I thought there was a reference to a Queen song somewhere but I can't remember where.

Sajin

Quote from: Salanewt on 07, March, 2010, 10:19:06 AM
One thing that I did notice was that when you had Mia with you (go and beat Mercury Lighthouse before doing that stuff in Kolima), and you go to Kolima forest and beat Tret (and I think you should use the Hermes' Water on him), the town with the cursed person near the entrance (forget name, another reason why I want to beat them again) will have its citizens talking about "the three boys who removed the curse," as well as the mayor completely ignoring Mia when you go to talk to him.

Have a nice day.

The same thing happens in the Lost Age if you get Piers earlier and then go do the Garoh quest. Maha (the werewolf elder) will not speak at all with Piers...

Salanewt

I knew that racism against Mercury Adepts existed, but I forgot about Maha! How dare he discriminate when he himself looks like a freak? Is it abundant in Weyard, to discriminate against Mercury Adepts?

As for other odd discoveries... I noticed that north of Kolima Forest, there is a large forest-like area on the world map. Technically, that is supposed to give the illusion that you are actually traveling through them, but then why not make towns larger? There is also a tiny forest somewhere in the mountains between Dekhan Plateau.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

It's called sequence breaking.  You went out of order, so there's no script for them.

Salanewt

True enough. It is still funny though (Camelot should have made exceptions for those scripts).

Have a nice day.

suzumebachi

Amusing. I'd look and all, but I don't have a DS//GBA on hand XD.

I can't think of any off the top of my head...

RTGreece21

Quote from: Salanewt on 07, March, 2010, 10:19:06 AM

Have a nice day.

Yeah, that never really happened to me. I always go through Kolima, then go to the mercury lighthouse. The extra travelling to get back to the tree allows a person more time to train your characters without everything being too much of a waste. I never tried going to mercury lighthouse first.

In any case, you'll have Mia with you when you go to add the water, so even if you fight the tree and go back for her, she's still there when the curse is lifted. In her case, it doesn't make any sense at all why people wouldn't realize she was part of the people that saved the place, whether she worked for the position or not. I never realized that the mercury peoples get so ignored. It's kind of funny. Makes me wonder how Alex manages to be noticed by the antagonists. XD

In any case, this conversation makes me wanna go read everybody's minds to try and find funny stuff. I'll be back after I rap the game again. XD
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

RTGreece21

Oh, I know one thing weird that happened to me. You all remember Hsu, right? The guy that got trapped under a rock and that girl that could foresee it wanted to get to him so bad? Well I went and did a bunch of stuff trying to find my way around to them so I could help, but suddenly I couldn't find it anymore. :sad: I read through that part on like six different walkthroughs :irate: before I went back to the pass and talked to the people standing there saying that they had moved some boulders so people could pass through. :?: That's when my brother and I realized that, during the time I was doing whatever I was doing, the problem with Hsu fixed itself. :!: I didn't have to save the guy. I still got the credit somehow though. :happy:

I also remember the very first time I played that game, I didn't get the psynergy for force for a very long time. :um: I didn't even really know too much about the temple places until I travelled back because I couldn't do some things I wanted to be able to do. There's ways around things on that game, and it sucks if you don't know what they are because then you pass through them and miss something.  :Sweat:
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

I would have gone to Kolima first, but I always tend to venture to the open areas in games, so if I see something past one part of a fork, I go back to explore/finish the other side. This means that when I first played, I barely even knew anything about Kolima, so I would go around to get Mia anyway.

Also, something interesting if you manage to get Mind Read after Sheba leaves you in Jupiter Lighthouse... Isaac and co. (as well as Jenna, Sheba, and Kraden) do not have minds to read. However, Agatio and Karst on the Lighthouse Aerie both have thoughts which briefly mention something about not needing Felix and co. for Mars Lighthouse.

Have a nice day.

RTGreece21

lol wow XD They're mindless! That's kind of funny. I love the simple little things that can go wrong when making a game. It's a bit silly. I'll have to see if I can't find anymore fun stuff too.

Salanewt

I have been thinking about one thing for a while now. You know how the djinn are released from Mount Aleph just before the eruption? How can Donpa have fought a Mercury djinni "long ago," when you get it after the Lunpa side quest? He must have aged very quickly or something, since that djinni should have been sealed until long after his travels.

Have a nice day.

Griever

well if you think about it ... unless you go to the Inn they will have the same DAY ......... and since they travel on foot, and considering the fact that it takes time to get from one place to another ...... lets say from Vale to Valt takes them for example 10 days then ... by the time they reach Lunpa .... its months or even years right?

but again this is a game, they can just have different time arrangements say like a day is 1 hour >< which is really .... silly.

nice discovery though ....

Aile~♥

@DarkGriever: Canonically, no character's birthday ever passes during the game. Which means the whole of the 2 games (excluding the first game's prologue) takes less than 1 year.

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Griever

@JamietheFlameUser, you have a point there, i didn't think about that.

But then it would be strange .... unless the journey around the GS world takes less than a year .... maybe 8 months or so ...... which means there world is really small ......

or simply the "long ago" for Donpa wasn't that long ..... in months (less than a year).

Frog

Couldn't it be they just didn't celebrate anyones birthday during the quest... (or did but not in game)
or does it actually state their ages at the end of lost age? (haven't played it for ages now! maybe i should before dark dawn comes out.)
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

I do not even recall reading about their ages in game, aside from the "Three years later" that we see before entering Mt. Aleph. However, as there is no further evidence of aging at any time between the two games (aside from slight hair growth on Kraden), I am not fully sure if they age during the main quests.

Have a nice day.

Kazua

I've always thought they did age, personally.
It seems kind of weird that they didn't.
(Traveling across the world on foot and ship
should take several years.  One of those silly
things with RPGs perhaps?)

Hoopa

The world is smaller than it looks, what with Gaia falls growing everyday.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."