News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Website coming soon, need writers.

Started by Atrius, 02, April, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Hey, Atrius?  Aesthetically speaking, the main page... looks horrible.  It'll look much better if things actually line up, so you may wanna look into that.

Crystal Sonata

I can code that correctly if you want?

EDIT: i know both php and html quite well. it wouldnt be a problem.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

That'd be nice if you can do that.  Just having them line up would go a long way.  If you can do it and post it, that'd be great, as it'd lower atrius' workload.

Atrius (He/Him)

Make everything line up?  How boring... If I wanted it to be that way it would have been, it's not like it would take any effort to begin with.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Atrius (He/Him)

You are talking about the fact that the Welcome, Lastest News, and Downloads boxes are different widths, right?...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Yeah.  Me, Leaf, Greece, and Kain all agreed it looked bad like that.

Atrius (He/Him)

Tshh...  No one appreciates a design with interest, fine since you'll obviously absolutely die of blood loss from your eye sockets otherwise I'll ruin the home page for you.

Rolina

It's a good start.  Now we need to find some better stuff to fill it out with.  I'm sure the other users here would have some lovely ideas, so I'll just list some instead.

A rotating 'featured user' would be nice.  I figure it'd randomly choose a user with over, say, 30 or so posts (to distinguish from bots) and activity within two or three months of the week they're to be featured in (to only feature active members) would be a good idea.

A 'featured thread' would be a good idea, too.  It'd be one with activity from the previous week, and that has been posted in rather actively.  Obviously, anything from Forum Games is disallowed.

Finally, there'd be the Clan of the Week.  It'd rotate between the six clans in an orderly fashion.  Only Elemental and Fundamental clans would be looked at, since the nationality clans really shouldn't be there, and even they are cool with axing them.

Crystal Sonata

Hey guys calm down, if atrius wants it that way i fine, after all he owns this site.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

...?  Momo, that comment came out of left field.  Nobody is raising their voice or anything, we're just messing with each other and making suggestions to improve the site is all.

Griever

Well the home page now looks a lot better, it only needs some more information in it XD

Rolina

Thus my suggestions.  It, along with finishing up the list of forums on the left-hand box, would go a long way.

Atrius (He/Him)

List of forums?  Those are headings for sections of the website, they'll be populated with site pages.

Rolina

Ah, I see.  That works too, I guess, but they'll need to be filled out either way.