News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

TLA Save States?

Started by BlazingPhoenix, 10, June, 2010, 12:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlazingPhoenix

I saw one topic that said it had TLA save states, but when I downloaded it, all I could see were GS Save States. Is there a download with TLA Save States?

Rolina

Save States?  What for?

Those will not help you at ALL with the editor, you know...

Atrius (He/Him)

You mean this?  You could have just posted in the topic y'know, but I'll look into it, those should be for TLA though.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

BlazingPhoenix

Oh, I was looking at a completely different one, thank you Atrius. :)

Role: Quick and easy way to start anywhere. :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Just remember that save states contain everything that was in the GBA's memory at the time the save was created, so unless if you get the game to reload the data you edited it won't change.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Thus why I said that the Save States aren't useful at all.  When you use them, you go off of another person's edits, your do not apply to them.  Instead, look for battery files - those are much more useful.

BlazingPhoenix

I did not know that, thanks a lot. :)

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not like you can't just save & reload, or even just leave the room the save was made in then re-enter.  Mostly it's a problem in battles since the enemies stats won't update, for item stats you're probably best unequipping then reequipping them.  For classes you have to get it to reset them by unsetting & resetting Djinni.  Stat growths...  Well, they only really happen at level ups, and wouldn't try to adjust for previous levels.

leaf

Well, using the debug menu atrius found, you can go anywhere, you just won't have the appropriate levels, djinn, or equipment for wherever you choose to go. Levels and equipment can be dealt with just by editing what you start with, but djinn... I haven't found a quick and dirty way of getting the djinn for a given point yet.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]