News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Shibuyah's sprite thread

Started by Shibuyah, 17, June, 2010, 05:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibuyah

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get this made sooner. I got a bit sidetracked, not to mention several things I'd like to post are elsewhere at the moment. ' ';
..But I do have some things I'd like you to see, so at least it's something. ^ ^;

My take on Link for a LttP hack I have planned--still working on the bodies, and not to mention the falling sprites.

Chase Skyler, and OC for a Swat Kats story I'd like to write.

Fia Meldrin, another OC.

Tina Feral, yet another OC...Well, at least I haven't made a hundred. < <;

The pair here are actually a couple of Chase' and Fia's children in the future--Yuis, the blue haired one is soft spoken and very polite, sometimes coming across as feminine.
His sister however, well...she's got a bit of an attitude, but she isn't a total hot-head. ^ ^;

And this here is an attempt at Pocky and Rocky style(Far right)...for the Ninja though, I recolored her to fit the artwork seen in-game in the second one.

...I'm afraid that's all I have for now--but anything new I make, I'll show it to you guys and see what you think. :3
Avatar made by Ethlin on the Tales forum.

Rolina

My god, Swat Kats... I loved that show.  Alas, unfortunately we're stuck with the crap they're putting out today... T-T

Anywho, I've got a test for you.  Do you think you can do a battle sprite of one of the characters in the Community Hack threads?  Any one will do, Logan, Sakum, Ila, etc... Just chose one and go with it.  You don't have to make sprites for every weapon they have - just their 'signature' weapon.  For example, Kari's Longsword, Ila's Ankh, etc...

I'm looking for a sprite 64x64 pixels in size (just like they are when you look at them in the editor), done in the style of the Golden Sun games, and fully animated.  I also want you to do one for three poses of the character you chose:  Battle Ready, Attacking, and Casting.

Using Felix as an example:

[sprite=508, 1, 2]Felix Battle Ready[/sprite][sprite=508, 2, 2]Felix Attacking[/sprite][sprite=508, 3, 2]Felix Casting[/sprite]

...Forgive the speed if you're using Firefox, they move too fast in that browser.

Anywho, if I like what I see, I'll have you made an Official Community Hack Artist.

Shibuyah

Quote from: Role on 18, June, 2010, 01:35:43 AM
My god, Swat Kats... I loved that show.  Alas, unfortunately we're stuck with the crap they're putting out today... T-T

Anywho, I've got a test for you.  Do you think you can do a battle sprite of one of the characters in the Community Hack threads?  Any one will do, Logan, Sakum, Ila, etc... Just chose one and go with it.  You don't have to make sprites for every weapon they have - just their 'signature' weapon.  For example, Kari's Longsword, Ila's Ankh, etc...

I'm looking for a sprite 64x64 pixels in size (just like they are when you look at them in the editor), done in the style of the Golden Sun games, and fully animated.  I also want you to do one for three poses of the character you chose:  Battle Ready, Attacking, and Casting.

Using Felix as an example:

[sprite=508, 1, 2]Felix Battle Ready[/sprite][sprite=508, 2, 2]Felix Attacking[/sprite][sprite=508, 3, 2]Felix Casting[/sprite]

...Forgive the speed if you're using Firefox, they move too fast in that browser.

Anywho, if I like what I see, I'll have you made an Official Community Hack Artist.
I know--there just seems to be so much less to watch nowadays. D:

As for the challenge, I--can't promise how well I'll do, but I won't know until I try. 'w'

Rolina

...You're not secretly the main character of a certain suikoden game for the DS, are you?

Shibuyah

Quote from: Role on 18, June, 2010, 02:49:01 PM
...You're not secretly the main character of a certain suikoden game for the DS, are you?
Eh? Last I checked I wasn't.
Why? Did one of them talk kinda like I do? :o

Rolina

"We won't know until we try!"

It's the catchphrase of the hero of Suikoden Tierkreis. XD

Shibuyah

Quote from: Role on 19, June, 2010, 01:17:41 PM
"We won't know until we try!"

It's the catchphrase of the hero of Suikoden Tierkreis. XD
Oh, so it was the main character of the DS one then.
I didn't know that at first--mainly because I've never played Suikoden before. ^ ^;

Either way, I guess that's just the way I am--I shouldn't say it'll turn out good or bad, and wait and see how it goes. 'w'

*Edit*
This was something I did(and added onto) before receiving that challenge.

The style is Magical Vacation--the precursor to Starsign, and sadly is a Japan only GBA game.(But at least it got some stickers/trophies in SSBB)

Aile~♥

OMIGOSH SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS ABOUT MAGICAL STARSIGN?!? MADNESS!

And awesomeness.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Shibuyah

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 20, June, 2010, 10:44:22 PM
OMIGOSH SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS ABOUT MAGICAL STARSIGN?!? MADNESS!

And awesomeness.
I know it, I loved Starsign a lot. I'm just a little sad Vacation didn't get so lucky...well, it had stickers and trophies in Brawl, so maybe it might get a chance someday. ^w^

I'm actually not completely done with the overworld yet, but I'll put it on hold to try that challenge Role issued...I wonder if I can do it though? :o

Aile~♥

I have a topic for Magical Starsign in the Tech Gaming and Entertainment section. Perhaps you'd like to check that out?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Shibuyah

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 21, June, 2010, 12:11:14 AM
I have a topic for Magical Starsign in the Tech Gaming and Entertainment section. Perhaps you'd like to check that out?
Sure--I think I will. Thanks Jamie for letting me know. :3

Shibuyah

So...I'm still a little worried with that challenge, but I will try it soon.
But, since I'm still on my SK binge--

I added an outfit for each based on a piece by DatingWally on DA.(I couldn't find any contact, so I had to leave a comment on his LJ..no response yet though.)
Also, I edited T-Bone and Razor to make they're Dark sides(obvious reference, is obvious)since I already had the originals done.

Any advice/critique would be appreciated.

Shibuyah

Sorry everybody--seems like I fell off the edge of the world since I've been gone so long.
I've gotten rather...sidetracked from that test, and wound up forgetting about it for a little while. < <;
Rest assured, I'll get to it soon enough--that is, if it's still available. :o

Anywho, I've got a lot of stuff to show you guys since I've been gone so long, so I'll try to keep explanations short and sweet. ^ ^;

This is Shing, the main character of Tales of Hearts.

And Kohak, his love interest. :3

This would be the(almost)final look for Link--I just need to fix up his clothes on the moving sprites.

These two are two of three characters I've designed for something that takes place in the SK universe--I'll save the explanation for now, since I don't want to stretch this too much.*But if you're curious, feel free to ask* < <;

Slight update on these three--cameo costumes~*the last ones--even Corey and Nicki have one*

Sorry again for just dropping out like that--I'll try to come here more often. ^ ^;

Also, a shameless plug for any SK fans--WB is planning on

Shibuyah

Well...either nobody noticed, or I'm hated for being gone so long. - -;

I doubt this will change anyone's mind, but...

Can anyone at least let me know what they think of this? ' '?

Oh yeah, by the way--since my above post ate what I was gonna say, WB is planning to release a DVD of Swat Kats the 14th. It's on WBShop, at the link below.
http://www.wbshop.com/Swat-Kats/1000181482,default,pd.html?AID=10811526&PID=3821628
Sadly, it looks like it only ships to the US...at least, from what I understand.(I live in the US, but I'm sad for the people that don't. :<)

Frog

Didn't notice there was a new post here till you mentioned on the cbox...

Anyway, just thought I'd say all these sprites are really well done. (I'm jealous of your skills...)
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

Sorry, I never noticed the newer posts before. I have to say, they look quite nice. I am not really sure what the last one is though.

Any more coming up?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Shibuyah

@Frog:
It's okay--I just started thinking that the time I spent away from here came back to haunt me. XD

Thanks for the compliment Frog, but there a lot of people better than me--I've come to love what I do, and the fun of it keeps me busy for a while. :3
Besides, I'm sure you could learn pretty well--after all, anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it. 'w'

@Salanewt:
It's okay--I should apologize for posting in the box like that. :<
And funny you should ask if anymore is coming up--because I just revised the previous sprite a bit.

And this time I'll explain what it is--it's one of the playable characters I designed for a classic-styled platformer I want to make. :3
His name is Nat, and his partner, who is the other playable character, is Fang, a hefty Blue wolf.(I've yet to do him, but I'll post him when I do)

By the by, has anyone ever used IG Maker before?(Indie Game Maker) :o

Atrius (He/Him)

Indie Game Maker, no, but the editor is mostly programmed in Game Maker.

His face & hands look much better now.  The hair seems a bit odd though, with how far back it is on the left there probably shouldn't  be as much visible on the right.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Shibuyah

Quote from: Atrius on 08, December, 2010, 12:45:36 AM
Indie Game Maker, no, but the editor is mostly programmed in Game Maker.

His face & hands look much better now.  The hair seems a bit odd though, with how far back it is on the left there probably shouldn't  be as much visible on the right.
Huh, really? I didn't know that actually--maybe I'll be able to figure things out though, thanks Atrius. :3

I intended for his hair to be kinda spikey, so I guess that's why it turned out that way.
But if you think I should work on that, I'll see what I can do. 'w'