News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

User-Created Badges

Started by Charon, 18, June, 2010, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Quote from: Role on 20, June, 2010, 12:53:53 AM
Okay, these aren't done yet, but I don't actually know how to finish them.  Charon, I loved how you did the original character's badges, with the dark blue background and sheen, so if you could go in and apply that to them, I'd be QUITE grateful. ^-^

These characters should have NO DISCOUNT applied unless the person applying for them has submitted a hack which uses them.  I think all the Character-based Custom badges should be like that.
I will, but I'm unable to do that at the moment. I'll update as we go. The discount also only applies to the Standard Badges - as soon as they are put up there the Discount can go into effect (unless otherwise noted)

I also like your game idea, Role. I'll get them up asap.

Maxipower - Badges and Avatars are seperate entities. Badges cannot be used as avatars and avatars cannot be used as badges. Even if it were the original artist using a badge as an avatar, they would have been able to use the badge without buying it, and buying the badge is the whole point of the system.

These are the badges that I am accepting:

Any other badges must be redone in order for them to be accepted.

Salanewt

Aw, oh well. I suppose someone else can get Karst to look nice as a badge. However, I do have Briggs and Eoleo! Please tell me if they are good or not.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

My only problem with the Karst badge is that you can barely see her.

I'm accepting Eoleo, but Briggs looks rather pixelated. Try shrinking him down a bit more. He should also have a paler background. :p

Also, if anyone's using GIMP, here's the .xcf file I use to make the Blue Background Shiny badges:

Salanewt

Great, thanks for the badge layer! Some time this week (probably tomorrow), I am going to update my previous badges with that layer.

Also, thanks for your input Charon. I changed Karst's background to a lighter purple, but Briggs will require a bit more work (making his arrival come later than Karst's).

Have a nice day.

Edit: Slightly refinished the edge of her cape.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

It still needs work - a paler purple, and make her a tad larger (resize the original art, NOT the badge).

Salanewt

Great, thanks for the advice. The problem with the artwork was that I could only find a reduced version (at a website which would let me see it). Luckily, I found another source for artwork, so her badge has now had a makeover!

Have a nice day.

Charon

Salanewt

Cool, thanks! I also have another Briggs, but it looks pixelated to me as well. Do you think so as well, or am I just seeing things?

Have a nice day.

Charon

This one's better too. *accepts*

RTGreece21

I got some Borderlands badges for ya!
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

RTGreece21

And, since it only lets me upload 4 at a time, heres the last one (which is also my favourite~) General Knoxx is so kewl~~
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Hoopa

"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

how are all yous getting that polished effect, Im guessing photoshop (Which I have but it would be nice to know... btw thats one nice agaito, one I will buy down the line :)

+1

Hoopa

I did it myself actually. It's not that hard... Just do a white streak across the badge on a separate layer and make it transparent.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

RTGreece21

yeah, i used photoshop. what i did was take one of the old badges and spun it so that the shine was tright side to side. i made a layer overtop, selected the rectangles where there should be shine, and filled them in with white. personally, i set mine to 40% transparency. then, i rotated them until the shine matched the sine on the original non-rotated one (which means i just repasted). after that was done, i made the borger, and put the shine and border in a group in front of everything. i deleted the other pictures, and then made a group to start making badges in.

MaxiPower

would it be possible for one of yous to revamp my image like that which was submitted

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=745.0

The Sakum one, looks like my avater

RTGreece21

actually, he look sa lot younger XD anyways, by revamp, do you just mean put the shine on it?

Rolina

It should.  That's how I got my three touched up.

Though... the background is the wrong shade of blue...

MaxiPower

Quote from: KuramaKarasuLEMON on 22, June, 2010, 08:58:28 PM
actually, he look sa lot younger XD anyways, by revamp, do you just mean put the shine on it?

aye yea...

yea agreed he looks younger but the dude who made the avater for me made it before even seeing the concept art that the artist drew so im not to fussed, I think my avaters EPic tho, I love it

EDIT: I wish the dude would do more for me... Cause he was good

RTGreece21

I agreed with Role that the backround colour seemed a little off, so i tried to fix that too. does this work for ya?