News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

How not to get your account automatically deleted

Started by Atrius, 23, August, 2010, 01:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Hello everyone, I've just installed an algorithm into the forum that runs weekly to purge inactive members, and most bots from the forum's database.  Here are the criteria it looks for so you know how to avoid having your account deleted out from under you, although I think you'll find you'd really have to be trying in order for it to actually happen.

Your account will be deleted automatically if the following apply:
- It has been 6 months since the last time you logged in
- You have never posted on the forums

There are also anti-bot protections built into the algorithm as well, but as long as you make at least 2 posts on the forums you'll be safe from being accidentally purged by those as well, after all, bots usually make themselves pretty obvious with their first post anyway.

So, there you have it, get a post count of 2 and you're 100% safe from being purged.  Easy, right?  Just keep in mind that some sections of the forum don't count posts, but if you do as little as make an introduction topic here then reply to everyone after you've been greeted you'll be good to go.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]