News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Gaming PC question

Started by MaxiPower, 30, September, 2010, 12:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Atrius (He/Him)

It'll definitely run them, maybe even at full settings on fairly high resolution (1680x1050) depending on whether you demand that it run at a smooth full 60 fps with v-sync enabled, or are more tolerant of slightly lower frame-rates.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

thanks Atrius, gonna order it now :)

EDIT i opted for this one instead

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=50091

CPU - Intel Quad Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz
RAM - 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR 1600MHz
Hard Drive - 1TB Western Digital SATA Hard Drive
Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA P55-UD3 Motherboard
Sound - 5.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
Optical Drive - 22x DVD+/-RW
Case - Xigmatek Asgard ATX
Power Supply - 650W Corsair PSU
CPU Cooler - Titan Fenrir Cooler

Menaus

I wish I had the money for a monster PC like those
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Kain

Dood, dumpster diving.  Crazy as it sounds, head to companies and check out their dumpers.  You would not BELIEVE the stuff they throw away.

This one company, when they get new models of any form of tech, they just throw the old away.  It's how I acquired a few of my 8 GB flash drives, a wireless setup, a few of my older systems and monitors and my collection of keyboards, mice and speakers. ;)

Of course...most companies don't LIKE you digging through their refuge...so...yeah.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

SSBMX

I run Just Cause 2 on 512mb RAM and a pentium IV ;D

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

My fossil of a pc can't run games.

Hell, the second hand hard drive I replaced the broken one with, only has 80GB. L A M E.

Crystal Sonata

Ha! My computer has a 100Gb, with a secondary 400Gb, and a 500Gb that i keep my hacks and gaming stuff on.
So about a Tb total.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Frog

If we're talking about hdd space now, my pc's got 500gb, along with a 500gb external... so yeah a terabyte.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Griever

wow .. mine has 320 Gb and i have an external 1 TB .....
I can play almost every game out there ><

Crystal Sonata

WoW is getting huge though, so you have to have over a terabyte nowadays just to play it.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Well, there's only one MMO that my ancient pc can play.

THIS ONE!

Crystal Sonata

Omg yea i played that before i found runescape but with the recent graphics upgrades they kill my desktop. i dont really play games on my laptop.....

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I don't like Runescape, it lags too much.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hard drive space has very little to do with your computer's performance, and ability to run games.

Anyway, my computer has two 512 GB hard drives adding up to a full Terrabyte of internal storage, and I have a 2 TB external.

If you want to talk performance:

1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz Turbo Mode) Quad Core processor  (It behaves as though it has 8 cores though)
6 GB DDR3 RAM
1GB ATI RADEON HD 4650 graphics card
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Crystal Sonata

DAAAAAAMNNNN!!!!!!!......Yea i know but space really helps when your ram sucks so you use huge paging files....i only have 384Mb of ram since my card went haywire, but now i have over 4Gb thanks to optimized paging files.

Zach

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 10, October, 2010, 09:37:36 PM
Dood, dumpster diving.  Crazy as it sounds, head to companies and check out their dumpers.  You would not BELIEVE the stuff they throw away.

This one company, when they get new models of any form of tech, they just throw the old away.  It's how I acquired a few of my 8 GB flash drives, a wireless setup, a few of my older systems and monitors and my collection of keyboards, mice and speakers. ;)

Of course...most companies don't LIKE you digging through their refuge...so...yeah.

If it's legal, then I might lol

Griever

Oh if it's Performance then:

2.3 GHz Intel Quad Core processor (don't think it has turbo mode ><)
4 GB DDR2 RAM
512GB Dedicated  +1GB shared Nvidia Geforce G105M

It's a laptop .... don't expect too much of it >< lol

Frog

3.1Ghz AMD Dual core processor
4GB DDR2 RAM
500gb onboard plus 500gb external
nvidia geforce 7300 se
And if it matters I've got a Windows XP, Ubuntu 10.10 dualboot setup.

Nothing fancy but i'm more than happy for the meantime.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!