Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 27, 2017, 03:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun: The Abridged Series  (Read 21469 times)
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« on: November 04, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »

Golden Sun The Abridged Series

I'm glad to announce the return of Magmabear's Golden Sun The Abridged Series on it's own page hosted by us here at Golden Sun Hacking Community!

Watch the newly released episode 8 now at GS Abridged's new location at gsabridged.goldensunhacking.net, or on Youtube here at Magmabears new account.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:58:03 AM by Atrius » Logged

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:24:15 PM »

cool... good to see him back
View Profile
Menaus
Sol Clan

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »

I never thought we would be the ones who did this.

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »

sorry for off topic but Atrius, quick question, because its your server does that mean no costs for people using the forum, downloading and well now streaming. etc.

Like everything else, I no nothing about servers.
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:11:47 AM »

I do pay for the server on a yearly billing cycle.  Its the same amount no matter how much bandwidth gets used, my hosting plan is unlimited in that regard, but I have limited storage space.

View Profile WWW

Coins: 0

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »

Is there any way us here at GSHC may be able to help? I'm a grade A drama student with 90 average, and it'd be an honor to lend my acting talents for this parody. Hell, I wouldn't mind if the role would just be a minor character like Conservato. I just wanna help somehow  Mars Djinni Set
View Profile
thenightsshadow
The Enigmatic Overseer of the Twilight
Mercury Clan

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »

I would like to as well, though I wasn't aware that was an option.  (I'm practicing for a possible future voice acting career.)

Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »

Yeah. How do we contact him though?
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »

sending him a message on his youtube account would be a smart place to start
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »

sending him a message on his youtube account would be a smart place to start
His youtube account was suspended due to a stupid copyright claim.
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »

From what I understand, he doesn't want any additional voice help at this time.  He has suggested he may have auditions when he starts on TLA, however.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 11:59:45 PM »

Aye. Seems reasonable enough. He has my support either way  Happy
View Profile
Menaus
Sol Clan

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 06:39:41 AM »

I LOVE acting, and literature. That's what we learn from Shakespeare, acting, and literature.

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:28 AM »

View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 4

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »

gg thread

(I'd totally audition for the TLA version whenever that comes around)

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:17:52 AM
Fox: (e.g. The process of reomving, replacing, adding, and/or moving around current ability effects to other index numbers.... ETC.)
Today at 12:15:33 AM
Fox: Or an Ability Effect editor, even.... But I imagine most of those would involve have patches applied to help with compatibility, and what not.?
Today at 12:10:36 AM
Fox: Hm. Oh! Did Atrius's Editor contain code from the April Fools version? Might be cool to have that, I'm guessing? - And yes, tools... even specific feature tools... Like an Intellect Editor, maybe.... If it was practical. (Not saying doable, but practical.)
Yesterday at 11:58:08 PM
Lord Squirtle: And yeah, "far less user-friendly" as an argument relies on the current lack of tools that could make using that easier.
Yesterday at 11:57:26 PM
Lord Squirtle: Since the GS editor is actually slower than using a hex editor is when it comes to classes, especially if you are mostly copying or tweaking existing classes to make full lines for them.
Yesterday at 11:56:18 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well I mean, it's the kind of effect that could easily be applied to a number of abilities if one wants. Having to open up a hex editor to use it for each of those abilities would take some time, and wouldn't really be as worthwhile as it can be for classes.
Yesterday at 11:50:27 PM
Fox: Far less user-friendly? Hm? I would say it depends on the tools/and such... For example, still haven't gotten my Exporter project done....
Yesterday at 10:07:39 PM
Lord Squirtle: But what I was thinking of doing with the unused effects was figuring out which ones are still available and combining them; averaging out the differences between each one so they make up for the ones that are missing.
Yesterday at 10:05:36 PM
Lord Squirtle: I may consider moving the effects to the end of the effect list, since I moved the pointer table and added some empty space on the end. My main concern with that is that it would be far less user friendly.
Yesterday at 08:06:20 PM
Fox: Heh... Starting to make me want to add the Ability Editor to my own Editor now... So I can do that, and have chance values listed for each and every one. (So it is more specific than Atrius's editor.)
Yesterday at 08:03:06 PM
Fox: Well, 0-255.
Yesterday at 08:02:53 PM
Fox: The max probably being 255.
Yesterday at 08:00:09 PM
Fox: (@Editor modification: In which case, I would recommend adding support up to the maximum number for future purposes.... if at all reasonably possible.)
Yesterday at 07:53:50 PM
Fox: @Disabling them: It kinda would be a trade-off for those who want to use those effects that went unused.... ...  I have a suggestion, though... and it might be rather interesting. But have you thought about using one of the unused flags to like... switch out Effect lists? (So you can have your own if you don't want to modify the editor.) I imagine it is rather unnecessary, though. Since it is easy enough to extend the list with a quick editor modification.
Yesterday at 04:46:01 PM
Lord Squirtle: And elements too from the looks of things.
Yesterday at 04:44:05 PM
Lord Squirtle: Makes me wonder how much work it would take to add more djinn slots.
Yesterday at 04:30:45 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well, total - 1.
Yesterday at 04:30:13 PM
Lord Squirtle: Huh, neat. I think I found the part of the djinn battle menu code that decides how many djinn of each element exist.
Yesterday at 02:53:07 PM
Lord Squirtle: I should probably look into disabling the multiplier chance for those now that I think about it.
Yesterday at 02:52:17 PM
Lord Squirtle: I still am, but mainly because it doesn't look like there are any abilities that use those effects.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise