News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

zman9000's Anime/Manga project. (Ideas welcome)

Started by zman9000, 11, February, 2011, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Unrealistic?  It is a fictional story, it's kinda silly to complain about that.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

True, but what makes a story enjoyable is that its believable. I mean, when you watch a stupid SciFi channel flick, what makes it funny/groan-inducingly horrible? There's certainly good Sci-Fi movies out there but if a story isn't believable its a total joke.

Bottom line is, even if its completely in a fictional world, if its a non-cliche believable story, then people will still enjoy it.

Rolina

Even fictional stories must be bound by some kind of grounds of realism.  Basically, look at the future high tech shows - a lot of them happen in totally fictional countries, and with good reason.

Griever

I kinda enjoyed the UNBELIEVABLE stuff in the story -.- .... a weird type of story but enjoyable.

Rolina

Look, if you're going to throw reality out of the window, you've gotta do it right:  Look at gurren lagaan, for example.  It was good BECAUSE it gave the finger to realism in favor of rule of cool.  But it looks like Zman wants something more grounded in reality than it is over the top.  Yet even then, he's throwing in crazy stuff that shouldn't mix together.  It's very quickly looking like poorly written fanfiction.

zman9000

The way I am makeing this story is in a way that it could be happening right now but no one knows it.

It's a conspiracy type story.

rember what i said?

"its the year 30129AD but every one thinks its still 2012AD."

akso the key to the story is this >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere look at dyson shell.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Hoopa

Hm... This will be interesting to say the least. Although... don't do it poorly. There are many who would take the slightest mistake in your story and tear it into shreds. Myself included. Anyway, good luck! You seem to be at least putting effort into it, unlike others, so this should be good! Can't wait!  :happy:
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Quote from: Whizkidhv on 04, April, 2011, 11:09:19 PM
Hm... This will be interesting to say the least. Although... don't do it poorly. There are many who would take the slightest mistake in your story and tear it into shreds. Myself included. Anyway, good luck! You seem to be at least putting effort into it, unlike others, so this should be good! Can't wait!  :happy:
You'll have to.  For a very, VERY long time.  Do you really think they're going to pull this off?  To make their own anime?  I doubt ANY of us will get into any animation studio or get the money/other resources necessary to pull this off, let alone zman.

Still, it is fun to PLAN this kind of thing, just in case.  Just don't go with the expectation of actually getting it done - you'll have to either work your butt off to get to the proper position of power to do this, or get lucky and sell your idea to someone who actually likes it.

zman9000

Quoteyou'll have to either work your butt off to get to the proper position of power to do this, or get lucky and sell your idea to someone who actually likes it.

So far I just plan to make the story, get copy rights to the main idea of the story and show it to some sorta anime or manga making company.
At the very least I will make it into a book.

Also I don't plan to go into this line of work. Right now I am studying "Web design and interactive media" in college so even if this happens to take off, it would just be a side job.

The only reason I started this is because I had a weird dream one night and felt like writing about it, and it went on from there.
Then I explained the plot and story to my college teachers and the others in my class and their reaction was so great I decided to work on it as a full story.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

If you're taking that in college, it's already too late.  That's a high-school course.  The college stuff would be more focused studies.

zman9000

QuoteThat's a high-school course.  The college stuff would be more focused studies.
Just so you know I took Computer programming in high school. I went to a tech school. I had programming every day.

I plan to work on web based games at first, and then if possible move on to Video games.

Rolina

Oh?  But didn't you know?  You're not the only one who took programming classes in high school here.  Got any proof?  I'm sure Atrius could ask for something simple, hell, even I could.  You know what, I'm going to call your bluff.

Show me some pseudocode of a program that would call up a random user from the clan leadership each time you asked it to.

zman9000

lets see...

Dim randrole
Dim namerole
Dim titlerole
Dim msgrole

randrole = Rand(1,5)

Select Case randrole
Case 1
namerole = "zman"
Case 2
namerole = "role"
Case 3
namerole = "Atrius"
Case 4
namerole = "Dark"
Case 5
namerole = "Sala"
End Select

titlerole = "The new clan leader is: " + namerole + "."

Msg = MsgBox(title)

Public Function Rand(ByVal Low, ByVal High)
Randomize
Rand = Int((High - Low + 1) * Rnd) + Low

Ok been a while but I think it would work. Its just a quick example!
And yes I know its not the complete code set need to make a working program!

And if there is something wrong with it I am sorry, I am a little out of practice as I have not done any codeing in about a year and I just started college.
I just need a refresher course.

EDIT: Why the hell do I have to convince you any way role???!!!

Charon

Posts deleted. Let's keep it on topic Role, its irrelevant if Zman is pretending to be in college or not. Consider yourself still warned.

Wait... is this going to be a video game now? o.o

zman9000

QuoteWait... is this going to be a video game now? o.o
hehe...
If any thing, once I draw up the characters, I would make a small flash fighting game with the main characters and their powers.

------------------------------------------
Work update...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point the only things that are final are:
things you didn't see like back story for characters, history, and how the powers work.
also [Unknown 2's] name will be Jenna (nothing to do with golden sun) and will have a type 1 power.
the will be three types of powers type 1 (yet to be named) type 2 (will be called Controllers) and type 3 (will be called Creators)
[Unknown 4] will have pink hair, have the ability to heal all, repair DNA, and live forever. and will be a type 1 or 2.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things I am working on now...

Personality files for all characters
back story for [Unknown 3]
full, powers list and how they react

And a power relation chart... this I will post soon.
And trust me, it won't be simple...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats it for updates.
Now bring on the ideas and critics!

Mastermind

Repair DNA? That seems like an oddly specific power, how would said DNA get broken in the first place?

Charon

Actually DNA gets broken all the time - internal radiation, rays from space, ect. Usually its not a big deal unless it effects something like the cycle of cell reproduction which ends up making the cell cancerous.

Mastermind

...But those types of damage seem negligible, hardly worthy of mention (unless zman is trying to go for a 'resistance to radiation'  power). I'm wondering why he put it out as a main power, rather than as an aspect of being able to "heal all" (where 'all' would surely encompass DNA).

Charon

I'm thinking that either it will be involved in cancer, which a power like that would be extremely useful in a post-apocalyptic nuclear war-torn future, or somehow science has developed a way to modify DNA to change people's bodies into otherworldly/horrible forms, and this person can return them back to a stable condition.