News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Real Name-based Sites

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 14, June, 2011, 02:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkjohn

yeah. my mom thinks she has the best security to keep me off the internet. nope. I can get through almost any security on the interenet. the school has a thousand dollar internet security system. I forgot what it was called but it took me about 2 minutes to get through it to the site I wanted. and left without a trace.

besides. I always have a copy of my information for any site like gmail or facebook. so if I get kicked out, I just recreate my accout with a different name. I have about seven names I use. david johnson (dwkjohn) is my most recent.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

That is awesome! Have you considered making any of them anagrams?

Examples:
Adrian       Andria, Ardina, Darian, Darina, Dinara, Indara, Iranda, Nadira, Radian
Andrew       Darwen, Warden
Brooke       Booker

Source: http://www.behindthename.com/anagram/

You having 7 fake accounts, you make me want another fake account... You think it'd be fun to have people join our group of fake accounts? Maybe we could have a title. "The Fakes of Life" ... actually, that title is dumb, I think there should be one that is well suited, though.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Quote from: dwkjohn on 29, June, 2011, 10:29:46 AM
yeah. my mom thinks she has the best security to keep me off the internet. nope. I can get through almost any security on the interenet. the school has a thousand dollar internet security system. I forgot what it was called but it took me about 2 minutes to get through it to the site I wanted. and left without a trace.

besides. I always have a copy of my information for any site like gmail or facebook. so if I get kicked out, I just recreate my accout with a different name. I have about seven names I use. david johnson (dwkjohn) is my most recent.

That's not too hard.  They made tools on those TI calculators specifically for that purpose in my school.  Poor Fortress program never had a clue.

Sadly, Charleys Drpepper has been disabled completely. I have left it sitting there without changing the name. Do they have some kind of time-limit or something. o.O.

I suppose it is time to create another account? That is ofcourse not named Charleys DrPepper. I was thinking about Lamar Stow, but.. (Atleast it's not lengthy.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

O wow... this sucks.
I think I had a facebook account with a fake name way back... I should check it...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Mion Sonozaki

Methinks this is a marketing conspiracy and they are also selling info to government agencies.

Wouldn't be so unlikely, though I have yet to see it on wikileaks.

Why do I get the feeling this topic is more about Facebook then Real-name sites... I didn't mean for it that way, anyway...

selling info to government agencies?
- Could they be sued?
- It would only make sense if that info was not public.
- Even if they are, it's not like everyone is forced to use Facebook.  I mean, a person could sign up with their real or fake name, grab all their friends, go to something like MSN, and then deactivate their Facebook account so no one sees them on it. And even so, could they know that the person with the name was in fact that person, or someone extremely close to that person? (etc.)

Edited. "real or fake name".. I forgot to double check my post.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Charon

I don't really care. I mean, if you don't approve of the site, there's nothing forcing you to use it.

Most of the people on there aren't even the internet types anyhow.

It's like how here we don't allow posting ROM files. If you post ROM files, you go against our rules and we would ban you for at least 2 weeks. Facebook has a rule that it wants "real" names, and will suspend your account if you don't. You aren't required to be a member of Facebook if you don't want to and by being a member you acknowledge and agree to follow their rules and conditions of service.

The only time I think Facebook is in the wrong is when they ban a real name claiming its not. At that point I would make sure that Facebook would know that my name was Mobil Cocacola Pepsiman and nothing but. But most of the time it's not that.

Yeah. They may be in the wrong there. Atleast they allow you to appeal... (You have to contact them with the email associated with the account, though.)

Speaking of emails.., has anyone heard about facebook emails? ( username@facebook.com ) Basically, when you send a message with it, it is formatted similar to messages, displaying name, profile pictures, etc.

I have not tried the New Thing yet, because apparently, you have to request for invite to get the New Messages upgrade.

http://www.facebook.com/about/messages/

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden