News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Online?

Started by ThanatosTheDark, 19, August, 2011, 09:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

Hey everyone... how cool wopuld it be if there was a website just like pokemon crater but for golden sun...
You may think that the idea is crappy...you would see how cool it would be if you were me.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Awec

But Pokemon Crater kinda sucked (still a shame Nintendo closed it down though). If there was to be a Golden Sun Online, I'd much rather it be in full MMORPG style.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

leaf

QuoteYou may think that the idea is crappy...you would see how cool it would be if you were me.
I could've said this earlier when you necroposted, or on a few other occasions, too, but I think I'll finally say this now:
Didn't I tell you not to do anything stupid?

Honestly, comments like that just make me think you're a troll.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

dwkjohn

really?!?! Really?!?!?!?!! sigh. I definitely agree with Leaf here. besides. what's the point of an online one when you have to have internet to play it. if u just use vba and play it... whoa its like magic, you can play offline!
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

zman9000

Yeah... theres no point...

I mean I've always been behind anyone willing to make a full mmorpg of golden sun... but just playing it online? Thats crazy talk!!!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

It might have been reasonable to include a wi fi battle feature in Dark Dawn though. Or a few wi fi rooms where you could send your own customizable Adept.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Charon

Isn't there a VBA version that lets you play online? I can't remember but I think I've heard of it before...

dwkjohn

the only online golden sun thing i have heard of is a custom made menardi battle but thats it.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

leaf

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 20, August, 2011, 07:20:54 PM
Isn't there a VBA version that lets you play online? I can't remember but I think I've heard of it before...
There is. VBA link.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Amylolz

Quotethe only online golden sun thing i have heard of is a custom made menardi battle but thats it.

I've heard of that. And I think I tried it out once, but it was kind of limited.

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tech demos I did in flash here yet.

Town demo
Overworld demo

Of course this project isn't going anywhere, but still, it's a very nice proof of concept.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

dwkjohn

oh yeah! forgot about those. and u got alot of stuff running there Atrius. that much stuff would make my computer freak out and crash. haha

and yes. the menarsu battle is very limited. and pointless. uu do the same thing over and over and u almost never die. its kinda dumb, but it something.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

ThanatosTheDark

Well... it was worth a try... if I necropost... don't chew me out for it because like I have been saying, this is my first forum

Rolina

I dunno about this, though - an MMO without a better character creator, where you're just clones of canon characters... kinda makes me go "meh".  I'm a huge fan of digimon for example, but you'll never see me play the MMO for that very reason.  Of course, custom characters made from sprites have aaaaaall sorts of problems, too...  If you want to do something like this, you'll probably want to find a way around that so as to not shy people away.  Having the O8 is one thing, but character selection is gonna probably need to be much bigger, and have some original, yet game-quality sprites in it so as to get people like me more interested.  Allowing for palette swapping would be a good idea to help with diversity as well.

A big problem comes up with class selection, though.  Given how golden sun works, that's gonna be one hell of a mess, not to mention a coding nightmare.  We can't allow people to just fill in whatever they want, but we'd need to allow for some level of customization as well.  I suggest letting them choose from a selection of class multiplier layouts, spell layouts, and class name.  Non-base classes would be determined by an algorithm or something based on their choices, since the average person isn't me and leaf, and thus isn't an elite tweaker - they'd rather have a simple system than one you have to fully customize.

Or, of course, I could be thinking too much into this.

Amylolz

No, i think you're on to something, most people could care less about every little detale, and would just rather play then spend a half hour or so messing with the settings.

But I could see there being a choice of if you want to customise or have the game pick for you. But if that that would be fair, I'm not sure.

Rolina

So it'd be this then:

Account Name (account - cannot have multiples with the same name here)
Character Name (displayed name for the character - CAN have multiples with the same name.  Multiple characters possible (up to 4, IMO), but only one at a time)
Gender (Male/Female)
Element (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury)
Build (choose between a selection of equipment types. Can't pick and choose, though, for balance reasons what you can pick will be chosen by the dev team)
Class Name (Choose between ~50 or so different class line names, possibly also limited by Build type)
Class Multipliers (Choose between various selections available for your Build type)
Class Spells (choose between various selections available for your Build Type)

So it'd be something like:

SN: RoleOfGSHC
Name:  Fleta
Element:  Jupiter
Build:  Spellfighter (Blades, Bows, Staffs, Clothes, Robes)
Class Name:  Street Rat line  (Street Rat → Pickpocket → Rogue → Thief → Master Thief)

Class Multipliers:  
.              HP   PP  ATK  DEF  AGL  LUK
Street Rat     80  115   90   90  125  115
Pickpocket     95  125  100  100  140  115
Thief         110  135  115  110  150  115
Artful Thief  125  145  125  125  160  115
Master Thief  145  155  135  135  170  115

Spell Lineup:  Wind Support 3
Whirlwind Line - Tier 1 and up
Dart Line - Tier 1 and up
Gust Line - Tier 3 and up
Agile Wind line - Tier 2 and up
Lucky Charm line - Tier 2 and up
Trick line - Tier 2 and up

This would be an example of a final choice.  Given the choices, I imagine that their auto-generated alt-classes probably have many support skills, and are mage-type in name, stats, and spell selection.

After setting that up, the game will start them off at level 1 with basic gear.  They can form a party with others, but there's probably going to be a restriction on that, too.  We don't want people with too high of a level or djinn difference to be able to pair up with one another.

Edit:  Oops, that's what I get for copy-pasting.  Let me hunt down a setup without Mind and Will.
Edit2:  Fixed, unless I made a typo somewhere.

ThanatosTheDark

That's just about what I was thinking role... exept that you would take a test to see what element you would have.

Rolina

No.  Tests are too easy to manipulate, just let them choose.  For instance, when playing the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, everyone I know just looks up how to get which mon you want to be, they never answer honestly unless it's out of curiosity for who they'd get.

Awec

Plus, if you don't get what you want it involves a lot of hard-resetting. Or in this case, account-spamming.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Durza

It would be interesting, but there'd have to be exp. penalties for winning by instant death against other players. Otherwise they could get a lot of speed and luck boosting items, them spam condemn around.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.