Golden Sun Hacking Community
26, October, 2021, 09:58:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Be sure to check out gsmagic, a WIP tool that has map editing capabilities!

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Forgotten Dreams" first images  (Read 26140 times)
Aile~♥
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 20

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #20 on: 14, April, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

Even so, you can't expect not to get constructive criticism even on something that's not finished. I know what that's like, and it gets kind of irritating at times, but that's life. If you're lucky, they may point out something actually useful!

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
ElectricArcher
« Reply #21 on: 15, April, 2013, 05:33:48 AM »

*Facepalm*

Serves me right for posting anything before finishing it.

Hah, indeed. I've noticed this myself - you can't submit a WIP without getting all kinds of feedback about what's wrong with it, even though you've already stated it's unfinished. It always seems a bit ridiculous to the poster, but it sort of makes sense - after all, the readers typically don't know which parts you simply haven't gotten to yet and which parts are actually buggy. But, as Jamie so nicely put it:

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser
If you're lucky, they may point out something actually useful!
It's rare, but it can happen. :)

« Reply #22 on: 19, June, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »

Man... these pictures are wonderful!

I hope we can get some news soon (not asking, just hoping)....
View Profile
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 1002

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #23 on: 19, June, 2013, 07:24:23 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure most of us hope...

And I could ask a whole bunch of questions about it, but figured it would be a waste of time. (Assuming the questions don't have answers yet.)

-What will the music sound like?
-Will there be any mini-games? (Like throwing coins in the fountain at Tolbi, or the betting games you may find in Contigo.)
-How about games like Trial Roads or whatever contest Isaac played in while in Tolbi?

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 100

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #24 on: 21, June, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »

Those are questions I'm still working on myself...

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: 15, July, 2013, 10:08:19 PM »

Atrius, does you project have a dedicated site? I want to know more about it.
Just asking...
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: 15, July, 2013, 10:38:29 PM »

Not yet, as far as I know, but from what I last remember, I believe he said that it would.

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: 01, April, 2015, 04:35:37 AM »

Tune in next April Fools when I announce the game isn't going to use text boxes for speech!
I just realized you never did make that announcement. Anyway, since it's April Fools, I guess it would be the perfect time to ask? - Have you made any progress worth mentioning? - Ex: How is the speech looking?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 10, June, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »

Tune in next April Fools when I announce the game isn't going to use text boxes for speech!
I just realized you never did make that announcement. Anyway, since it's April Fools, I guess it would be the perfect time to ask? - Have you made any progress worth mentioning? - Ex: How is the speech looking?

Are the dreams forgotten?
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: 10, June, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »

Absolutely! They're dreams... that go forgotten... then remembered... oh wait, still forgotten... Oh the irony... This project could only exist if the dreams were remembered... so I opt-in to rename this Remembering Dreams. :P (Actually, doesn't matter.)
« Last Edit: 10, June, 2015, 08:30:07 PM by Fox » Logged

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile
charon the ferryman
o - - o - - o
Jupiter Clan

bbfhffhfhbhfhb

Coins: 22

I am: chillin'

« Reply #30 on: 12, June, 2015, 01:15:20 PM »

Oh the irony. I wonder how Atrius has been lately anyways, haven't seen him in ages.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 205

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #31 on: 12, June, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »

Maybe that's a part of the game. He doesn't update at all so we forget about his dream, and then BAM: release.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #32 on: 13, June, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »

Perhaps.  Problem is it's an ambitious project I'm trying to make as a hobby alone while working a rather demanding full time (Sometimes more than) job.

@Seto, stressed out, and depressed.  Oh, and after that started I found out I might have a life threatening illness, or maybe nothing, I dunno.  None of the doctors I've seen so far could say what's wrong me.

I don't know why this image never made it into this topic, it's the only other one I've released so far.

View Profile WWW
charon the ferryman
o - - o - - o
Jupiter Clan

bbfhffhfhbhfhb

Coins: 22

I am: chillin'

« Reply #33 on: 13, June, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »

@Seto, stressed out, and depressed.  Oh, and after that started I found out I might have a life threatening illness, or maybe nothing, I dunno.  None of the doctors I've seen so far could say what's wrong me.
That's terrible, Atrius. If you need any support I'm pretty sure us GSHC longtimers will be there with you every step of the way. We're with you, Atrius.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: 13, June, 2015, 01:59:16 PM »

@Seto, stressed out, and depressed.  Oh, and after that started I found out I might have a life threatening illness, or maybe nothing, I dunno.  None of the doctors I've seen so far could say what's wrong me.
That's terrible, Atrius. If you need any support I'm pretty sure us GSHC longtimers will be there with you every step of the way. We're with you, Atrius.

+1
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #35 on: 13, June, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »

@Life Threatening: Would this be anything like seizures or stroke, or would it be better/worse?
(For those who don't know. stroke includes slurred speech, half your body numb, perhaps the worst head-ache you've ever had(?), etc. --- It may include being an on and off thing, I think?) (And yes, those are possible at a young age.) (Also, the earlier the diagnosis, the better your chances. Even with cancers/tumors, since they can spread, I think.)
(And I also know that lack of sleep can increase the risks of these types of things.)

Anyway, I hope the best for you... and everything that Seto said, have a nice day!

don't know why this image never made it into this topic, it's the only other one I've released so far.
Maybe it was posted in the cbox a long time ago?
« Last Edit: 13, June, 2015, 04:23:58 PM by Fox » Logged

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #36 on: 28, June, 2015, 11:48:01 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to worry everyone over my potential illness, I was having a bad day.  Nothing serious has happened yet, it's only worrying symptoms so far.  I don't want to go into details, but there's really only about a 5% chance there's something seriously wrong with me.  I'm just frustrated because they won't be able to do the tests to find out for sure until the end of July.

View Profile WWW
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #37 on: 29, June, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »

Oh darn, that's pretty far away. Hope its nothing too serious

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #38 on: 29, June, 2015, 04:18:58 PM »

Well, even if it turns out the 5% chance does happen... Live strong..... Nothing will happen unless it is meant to happen. (Or something like that.) - (And if it helps any, we're all likely destined to die some day. - Depending on whether there are new breakthroughs in science... er... nevermind.)

Oh darn, that's pretty far away.
It only seems far away.... but it'll be here in no time at all! (I think.) Just in ONE month...
...and I'll be looking at what's going on with Windows 10...
« Last Edit: 29, June, 2015, 04:31:10 PM by Fox » Logged

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #39 on: 30, June, 2015, 02:55:29 AM »

... (And if it helps any, we're all likely destined to die some day. - Depending on whether there are new breakthroughs in science... er... nevermind.) ...

You stop that train of thought right now.  You're talking 1.5% chance scenario for an average 50 year old there.  I'm a 27 year old physically fit member of the military whose immune system has international experience.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Chatbox
01, September, 2021, 02:55:35 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: At least for warps.
01, September, 2021, 02:55:01 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: To think that events are not done via a tilemap in GS3 is interesting, and they'd just be cubes in the size of a tile (I think)... with given coords.
28, March, 2021, 06:10:33 PM
Salanewt: Tiny announcement down here that a new animation pack is now available for download! The Animation Overhaul is required; see the downloads page for more details.
03, March, 2021, 03:16:30 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: I'm happy ACE is possible and easy in GS1. :D Thank you Tret. Now if we can get GS2 Air's Rock to do ACE, wouldn't that be something.
18, February, 2021, 03:25:26 PM
Salanewt: The one here has everything: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=132
18, February, 2021, 02:03:20 PM
VardenSalad: It looks like Atrius' editor download is broken again. The only thing in the .zip is the background image
13, February, 2021, 03:15:41 PM
MaxiPower: Welcom back Charon. been a long time.
11, February, 2021, 09:40:04 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily GorillasSo how long is this site going to be "This website is still under construction, please excuse the mess." :D
04, February, 2021, 12:56:21 AM
charon the ferryman: LMAO i love 2010 tech
04, February, 2021, 12:56:07 AM
charon the ferryman: release me from my discord prison meme mortals
15, November, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
Salanewt: We're more alive than the board implies; most discussion takes place over on the Discord server.
15, November, 2020, 03:45:06 PM
Salanewt: Haha, heya!
15, November, 2020, 02:07:50 PM
Frog: Nice to see this place is still alive...ish anyway xD
30, October, 2020, 11:10:23 PM
Salanewt: ... Actually, it's almost time for me to post an update on the forum. It's been coming along really nicely overall, and it was only a couple months or so ago that I added some new status effects to the game.
30, October, 2020, 11:08:41 PM
Salanewt: I need to get it done to start making progress on the parts of the AI Overhaul I want to start working on.
30, October, 2020, 11:08:14 PM
Salanewt: It's going well! I wanted to get more of my djinn reform done this week but I've been busy with other things sadly.
30, October, 2020, 09:58:14 PM
KyleRunner: Hi guys! How are you doing?
13, October, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
MaxiPower: first chapter of my golden sun inspired webtoon is now live. be cool if yas could check it out. https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/legacy-of-the-lost-dragoon/the-northern-reaches/viewer?title_no=508487&episode_no=6
31, August, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Being able to convert IPS files to text files to also supporting commenting, and convert back to IPS after changes.... sounds like a fun strategy? 
27, August, 2020, 10:37:30 PM
Salanewt: Hey, thanks! 
25, August, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
Foreclosure: Yo! Looking forward for this AI OVerhaul patch when it's finished :) :) 
19, August, 2020, 07:00:17 PM
Salanewt: That's awesome! I'm pretty good; been working on an AI Overhaul project and have made some nice progress in the past couple weeks; the goal for tonight is to add Deadbeard to GS2 and then I can move onto something new.
19, August, 2020, 01:14:56 PM
Awec: Ye not bad, just checked back in for updates on GS Reloaded really. Although now I'm looking back through some of my old forum posts, which is fun :D how are you?
19, August, 2020, 01:43:07 AM
Salanewt: It sure is! How have you been?
16, August, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
Awec: Yo nice to see this forum is still going
14, August, 2020, 09:06:44 PM
Salanewt: Hey! How goes it?
01, August, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, people!
08, July, 2020, 08:57:11 PM
Salanewt: That awkward feeling when almost a quarter of a year goes by without anyone posting a message in this chatbox.
27, April, 2020, 07:54:10 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: I'm having a thought. So I know Atrius's editor is slow at saving sprites.... So I've been thinking.   I am considering another console program.  This time, for importing and exporting sprites/animations. Image files (for sprites), binary files (for animation data), and maybe binary or text files for Settings. Would certainly be cool if it works out. - Console programs are fun, when you can (at least temporarily) cheat out making a full interface editor for them. =P

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise