News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Leaving User Thread

Started by Charon, 04, July, 2009, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Have Atrius. My time to say my peace. As you may've noticed, back in April (maybe sooner) I just up and disappeared. Truth is, I got bored with this forum (and forums in-general), but that's just a mood I normally go through. I came back sometime during the summer but that wasn't long. Now I just check-up every now and then. Currently, you will not see me on the weekdays (and possibly weekends) unless band practice gets cancelled (i'm only on now because I'm babysitting). Reason? Time: School (7:45AM - 2:15PM (I arrive around 7:20ishAM)), Band (2:30PM-6:30PM BUT I usually get home around 7-8PM because of that long bus ride)), eat, clean the dishes (usually done by around 9 or 10), homework (NORMALLY 10PM - 3:00/3:30 ish AM (sometimes as late as 5AM and I get up at 6AM! -_-)). So um.....yeah....just felt that I should share that <.<

Charon

That's alright. I tend to not frequent on weekends due to my internet restrictions.

MaxiPower

Menaus

I respect Role, she deserves respect. I give her props for stating her opinion even when almost everyone else is against it. Everyone, I'm going to just state my opinion right now, not even going to hide it a little.

You all are butt hurt because Role is right, and are hiding behind statements like "Role stop hurting peoples feelings!" Now I think she is done with arguing about politics and will let you guys sit in your own stupidity

Communism fails. You remember when the pilgrims landed in North America? They had a communist government and they almost DIED because of it. Only when one man, by the name of William Bradford changed the government to a free enterprise one, that the people were able to be somewhere else other than BARELY on the edge of survival.

Now she has left because we aren't contributing anything to the community hack. And I understand. This is the Golden Sun HACKING Community. Whats the point of having hacking in there if no one does anything to contribute to a community hack? Thus she has left, and we have now lost, in my opinion, one of the smarter people in the community.

When she is criticizing someone on a suggestion, it is either a joke suggestion, or it is a bad quality suggestion. Don't take it personally, she was tying to help create a good quality hack. People NEED to see their mistakes otherwise they will never learn from them, and thus they will keep making mistakes that they don't even realize are mistakes. When a dev makes a game, or an expansion to a game, do they add every suggestion and idea? Or do they sift out all the bad ideas with the good ones, or maybe add or remove something from a bad idea, and make it better. This has to happen to make a good game/hack, one way or another, and when you guys complain about her giving people "hert fellings"(yes I meant to write it like that, a little reference) and make her stop. You can't make a good hack.

Give Role respect
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Griever

This is not the right place for that kind of a post ...
And you have absolutely no idea what is going on .....
Community hack is alright and we are waiting for leaf to post the summery so we can work on it further ..

[spoiler]Now If you can .. keep your opinion on this matter to yourself ..
You are welcome to help here and have "fun" but you have no right to attack anyone.[/spoiler]

*sorry for posting in the wrong place ....*

Salanewt

[spoiler=Menaus]Hey Menaus, all of us treated her with more respect than she treated us, and she did not leave because our views on politics vastly contrasted hers most of the time. She left because she assumed that she had enough power to do what she wanted, namely to shut down the Forum Games and even the RP Section. When Atrius reminded her that she did not have that kind of power, that is when she started deleting her "contributions" and changing her profile. She eventually "left" with the promise that she would only come back for the editor. She came back almost every day until the editor was released. Before leaving, she managed to:

1: Troll in the Community Hack sections (when we were actually contributing, we are just waiting for something before we end out short break though). Something like "Hah, it is cute that you are posting now that I am gone" was actually said by her too.

2: Hint that she needed an apology, after treating everyone else like filth beneath her feet. This is in the Clan Requests topic.

3: Convince several of us to treat her with the same level of respect that she treats us with, which is often quite poor. Treat others the way that you want to be treated, right? This is apparent in most of her recent posts.

Also, for the criticism part, she was also being detrimental to the Community Hack's progress. Since few people wanted to work on it to an extent because of her tone, and because people were afraid of offering their suggestions in exchange for a blunt and useless response like "It sucks, there is no way that this should happen." All of this is fine with me, since we do not have her attitude anymore. The Community Hack has progressed much more in the past two or three weeks than it has in the months that she had her talons gripping it, and the Forum Games are not as popular as they once were, not even seeing posts every day. I know that you did not know why she left, and that is fine. I just ask that you do a bit more research before posting these kinds of things in the wrong topics.  [/spoiler]

Oh yeah, I will probably be away this weekend when I visit my uncle. I am not really looking forward to the visit, but I can watch a movie on our way up.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Menaus

for sala[spoiler]Sala, I did do research on the topic, and I know that she left because of the hack, did you even read my whole post? And you have gotten more things done with Role gone? Alright than look here the only section that has new threads is the music section. And they don't even have any posts. Look here no new posts, or even threads. And now look here only 3 active topics, one of them not doing anything to move the hack forward. And you say that you have done more with Role gone?

She trolled the community hack section? Show me some evidence, the closest thing to trolling I have found is in the plot ideas 2 topic. If she were really trolling, there would be more trolling than those two posts, in only one thread.

She was treating you guys like filth because you were being idiots, she argued and argued and argued in that thread because people were only joining Venus, and thus, there were no other clans other than Jupiter that had a government and a leader. And I believe this is still happening. The times I she REALLY yelled at someone was when that person made a bad suggestion, a stupid idea, a idiotic post, a post which someone didn't even think through ETC what I said in my original post.

Treat others how you want to be treated... This works both ways, this doesn't mean you can treat someone like filth because someone because they are treating you like filth. The statement was originally created to get people to treat each other in the right way.

And I would rather continue this argument in the debates section, if we continue it at all.[/spoiler]

See you Sala
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Atrius (He/Him)

This is not the topic for that discussion whether you hide it in Spoiler tags or not, end it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Menaus

Atrius, I said in my post within the spoiler tags that if we continue this, it should be on the debates section

Hoopa

Been really busy with school work lately, and will continue to be, so I won't be around as much. Probably only for short visits.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

Well check the forum whenever you get the time and good luck with school.

Salanewt

Adiós amigos, I am about to leave for vacation! Like last time, I will not be on very much (if at all) for the next three weeks, as I spend my time down south for Christmas. For those of you who remember, it is the same place that I went to last year.

If you have to contact me, I figure that using an Email service would be the best thing to try. There is not a high chance that I will be able to make it here during the holidays, unfortunately.

Have a nice winter holiday (or nice three weeks if you do not get them off)!

I hope that I can go to Cuba next year... oh, right.

Have a nice day!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Oy I wish I could go places... have fun, Salanewt!

Charon

Oh man, I heard about the weather. Well, have fun... I guess XD

MaxiPower

right folks, im making a leave (maybe not forever but until i get sorted), making a change in my life that cuts out anything that will distract me from my goal I have set, for to long i have suffered loss of grades and became more interested in playing a game to do any school work etc. So starting from today, im calling quits on gaming, that means all my consoles are gonna either be locked up in storage or simply traded in.

::DDDDDDDDDD

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Okay, good luck spirit of the dawn, though, I must say a week has just went by.

And good luck to you, as well, maxi. Games are addicting aren't they... Hope the school work is not much trouble for you.

Have a nice day.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Frog

Good Luck Maxi, hope to see you again later in the year with some good grades!
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

Okay, good luck! I trust that you should be able to do well enough without luck anyway, but you have some just in case.

Er...

Have a nice day.

Griever

Good luck with your studies MaxiPower. Do visit once in a while though ><

Aile~♥

I'm gone for about a week starting tomorrow.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]