News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Issue 1:

In the map editor, if you have the Code Disassembler or Code Hex open and you switch rooms, the scroll bar is the wrong size... and you have to switch to another menu (Ex: Map) and back to see all of it. This occurs in version 0.2 as well. The Map seems to determine the size of this bar, it seems.

Issue 2:

For rooms with a lot of code, go to Code Disassembler and scroll to bottom to get this error:

Error reading byte.

for object obj_eMaps:

Error reading byte.

GS1 Example Room: 25 | GMAP_VOO
GS2 Example Room: 1 | UTIL
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Aile~♥

I'm having an odd problem: the sprites aren't showing up in the editor. As in, I can select them, but they all appear blank.

This is REALLY annoying when I want to change what enemies or characters look like.

Do I need Flash or something? This compy actually doesn't have Flash Player.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

When you use the map editor, does it display the message "Graphics card error"  In the bar with the buttons that hide layers?  Also, weren't you able to see them in previous versions of the editor, I didn't change anything with how they're displayed...  You may just need to restart the program or your computer.

Charley, that should be simple enough to fix.  I'll likely do a bug fix release after a while instead of making everyone wait until the next full release for stuff like that.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

I can see maps fine, except that the sprites aren't showing. Yes, I could see sprites before the editor update.

As a side note, I've restarted the editor multiple times, and deleted GSdatahandler.dll once.

Also, trying to open one of the maps just caused the editor to crash rather spectacularly. As in, it went all white and started displaying one of those Grind spires in the top left corner.

SSBMX

Atrius (He/Him)

@Jamie, Try restarting your computer.  Are you running Windows, or a different OS?

@SSBMX, Can you view sprites in other sections of the editor?  Try selecting different NPC sets from the button that says "NPCs #" at the top right.  Also near the top right there are icons with 1 2 3, and a smiley face displayed on them, click on the smiley face to make sure that it isn't grayed out.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

SSBMX

Atrius (He/Him)

What kind of graphics card does your computer have?

SSBMX

Atrius (He/Him)

Hrmm.... Should be plenty...

What about item/ability icons?  They should appear at the top left of the editing panel in their respective sections of the editor, can you see those?  What about you Jamie?

SSBMX

Atrius (He/Him)

This doesn't make any sense, nothing has changed with how sprites are loaded/displayed since v0.1, you can't even view smaller ones like 672-674 in TLA?

SSBMX

Don't see them
It worked for me in 0.2

Aile~♥

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

The ability and item icons and face portraits display fine. It's just the sprites.

Is there a .dll file I should be deleting and replacing or something?

SSBMX

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 31, October, 2010, 05:17:33 PM
I'm running Windows XP Professional.

The ability and item icons and face portraits display fine. It's just the sprites.

Is there a .dll file I should be deleting and replacing or something?

Same

Atrius (He/Him)

No, if it's displaying maps, and icons/portraits fine there shouldn't be a problem with the dll.

Hmm...  Come to think of it those icons, and face portraits are loaded differently than the sprites.  The only other thing that comes to mind that would be loaded through basically the same method are the face portraits in Mario Golf: Advanced Tour, or Mario Tennis: Power Tour.  If you have a copy of those I'd say see if they load alright, if not don't worry about it.  I have one idea for something I can try, if they can't load either I'd say it might be a good bet, but I still have doubts either way.  I can't think of a reason why there'd be a difference between v0.2 and v0.3 as far as sprite displaying capability goes.

SSBMX

Quote from: Atrius on 31, October, 2010, 05:36:29 PM
No, if it's displaying maps, and icons/portraits fine there shouldn't be a problem with the dll.

Hmm...  Come to think of it those icons, and face portraits are loaded differently than the sprites.  The only other thing that comes to mind that would be loaded through basically the same method are the face portraits in Mario Golf: Advanced Tour, or Mario Tennis: Power Tour.  If you have a copy of those I'd say see if they load alright, if not don't worry about it.  I have one idea for something I can try, if they can't load either I'd say it might be a good bet, but I still have doubts either way.  I can't think of a reason why there'd be a difference between v0.2 and v0.3 as far as sprite displaying capability goes.

Mario Golf didn' work

Rolina

After spending a good solid 5-6 hours on new classes, it turns out that the class patch doesn't work.  God, that sucks...  I was heading to bed too when the editor came out, that's what kept me up.

Anywho, since updates are apparently at the ToK, I'll only be stopping by here to list bugs and errors I find.  Like this one.  Ciao.

Edit:  Upon closer inspection, it only effects Felix.  I'll be able to say a little better when I snag another djinn, but so far the only one who isn't effected by the patch is the Second Squire.

And I made such a cool class for him, too... T-T

Atrius (He/Him)

M'kay, so, between v0.2 and v0.3 I upgraded the software that I'm using to develop the editor, and apparently how the most important function in the sprite loading code works got changed in the new version of the development software somehow.  I don't know the specifics, all I know is that something about how the function works is different, apparently making it incompatible in some instances, so I have to come up with a new method of loading sprites that doesn't rely on that function...

The class patch bug will be a simple fix.

I'll try to kick out this bug fix version fairly quickly, this sprite bug is just too big to let wait...