News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

New Feature Preview Topic

Started by Atrius, 30, October, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Rolina

Okay... percentage wise, close would you say you are to the 0.3 release?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 27, January, 2010, 12:58:51 PM
Okay... percentage wise, close would you say you are to the 0.3 release?

Retarted Reply
Over 9000%....

Serious Reply
It will be ready when its ready

Honest Reply
Nah I would be lying if I said I wasnt thinking the same thing just didnt want to be demanding and be the first to ask.....

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm a little upset it's been nearly a year since v0.2, and I'm still not ready to release 0.3 yet as well.

If you haven't learned yet, precise progress estimates are something I hate giving, mostly because I wouldn't want to give hopes for a release date that I wouldn't be able to meet for whatever reason.

I've been really busy with work lately.  Between the job (Which yesterday lasted from 7AM to 8PM) they've also thrown a large binder of information at me, and told me to know it within 30 days.  I've been informed I'll have 5 such binders one after the other.

Anyway back to the editor, let's see...
--Text editing still has a couple somewhat minor things to deal with, though there's one really annoying quirk which will probably have to wait for another version of the editor unfortunately.  Though I know you'll all find it as annoying, if not more so, than I do, it would just delay things way too much to try to deal with it right now.
--The data viewer is a beast, there's still so much left to be done with it...  It'll probably be a couple versions before it's fully complete too, but there's still a lot of polishing I really want to get done on it before I release it.
--As Anemos Alchemist pointed out a couple posts back I put a button in for Djinn editor...  That's about all I've managed to do with it so far, I'm debating putting it on hold till the next version, unless you all really want that sooner.
--There are a couple compatibilities issues with the original Golden Sun I wanted to fix up too.

Hmm... I'm pretty disappointed with myself for getting so little done since the last update.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Maxi, you're not Atrius.  Don't make me use my umbrella.

So, basically you don't even have enough for a ballpark estimate?  Ouch... I was hoping that a soon-to-come release would revive the board.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 28, January, 2010, 10:29:13 AM
Maxi, you're not Atrius.  Don't make me use my umbrella.

So, basically you don't even have enough for a ballpark estimate?  Ouch... I was hoping that a soon-to-come release would revive the board.

seriously your umbrella doesnt intimitate me whatsoever...  :medal:

Atrius take as long as you need to perfect it.... no need for any stress in meeting deadlines

Rolina

Remember the part where I can ban you for arguing with those in power?

Anywho, all I was looking for was a ballpark estimate.  The site is starting to slow down... a LOT.  So I was hoping that a new release could breathe some life into it.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 29, January, 2010, 10:57:13 AM
Remember the part where I can ban you for arguing with those in power?

Anywho, all I was looking for was a ballpark estimate.  The site is starting to slow down... a LOT.  So I was hoping that a new release could breathe some life into it.

Like i said, I could care less whether you can ban me, for i have done no arguing nor rule breaking, therefore i am right in asuming you just abuse your powers by scaring people into gaining respect, I dont swing that way however. It seems like a little girl throwing tantrims when things dont go her way.

Whether or not the site is slowing down shouldnt be an issue as when its busy all it comes down to is pointless forum games that make up 80% of the posts anyway. Having moderators that threaten to ban whilst doing nothing is patheic in itself and more than likely scared of a few folks.

But what it comes down to is everyone that has come across the editor knows Atrius is the man at the end of the day whether they join this site or not thus will wait faithfully for him to do what needs done, we had nothing to begin but gained something thus people like myself will wait in the shadows showing support were we can.... Being the longest running member here (apart from Atrius of course) i can safely say im a perfect example of how a non active person doesnt need a breath of fresh air with each day that Atrius doesnt cancel or drop the project a godsend that the project is simply alive.

Now whilst i maybe seemed to get of topic there i simply responded to a question set forward by a Global Moderator. If I get banned then so be it, its been good :) but a certain someone punching  way above the belt in terms of making the site revolve around her and compalining when theres no one logging on to shout banrella at.... correlation ???

I have thought long and hard about this post and if banned only back ups this post.

Atrius, If you need me, If I need you, I will continue to PM you via Youtube :) this post is not against you, quite the opposite, I just dont have time for people that are continuously on my back, looking down on me with empty threats to keep even people like me incheck...

(Making a copy of this post to use in my defence if for some reason it gets edited, deleted.)

MaxiPower signing out :)

Since posting this i have noticed my reputation has gone up two... therefore someone agrees with me. Double XD

Atrius (He/Him)

Ban people for arguing with those in power?  You almost make this sound like some kind of fascist dictatorship, a little disagreement isn't a bad thing as long as it's handled respectfully, and saying he's not afraid of you is hardly arguing.  Anyway, if it wasn't just a joke I believe we've had that conversation before, I really don't want to repeat it again, right?

Some healthy criticism of how the forum staff is doing it's job is always welcome, but there's a right way, and a wrong way to go about it.  Publicly accusing the global moderator of being like a little girl throwing a tantrum, or saying they're just stirring up activity so they have people to threaten to ban would be the wrong way.  
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

@Atrius: I seriously don't understand why you made the ONE person most susceptible to power corruption the global moderator.

And as for that fascist dictatorship question, well, it IS one.

Maxipower, as much as I agree almost completely with you, it's generally not good for your health to diss the one moderator who is actually likely to GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to find out where you live and come to your house REGARDLESS OF WHERE IN THE WORLD THAT LOCATION IS!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

⌐_⌐

I love it when the discussion goes off topic, and random people walk in poking everything with a stick when there might as well be a sign that says "Danger, Mine Field"

Aile~♥

Ah, but at least poking things with a stick results in the blast detonating at a larger distance than if you just walked straight in. :D

leaf

Am I the only one that finds the off-topic discussion debate argument complaining flames hilarious?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 29, January, 2010, 07:30:43 PM
Ban people for arguing with those in power?  You almost make this sound like some kind of fascist dictatorship, a little disagreement isn't a bad thing as long as it's handled respectfully, and saying he's not afraid of you is hardly arguing.  Anyway, if it wasn't just a joke I believe we've had that conversation before, I really don't want to repeat it again, right?

Some healthy criticism of how the forum staff is doing it's job is always welcome, but there's a right way, and a wrong way to go about it.  Publicly accusing the global moderator of being like a little girl throwing a tantrum, or saying they're just stirring up activity so they have people to threaten to ban would be the wrong way.  
I thought we had the understanding that "Idle threats of abuse of power" was my whole shtick?

Most amusing thing is that people take them seriously.  Doods, if I actually carried those threats out, Atrius would have fired me LOOOOONG ago...

Insularity

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 29, January, 2010, 10:16:40 PM
Am I the only one that finds the off-topic discussion debate argument complaining flames hilarious?

No, no you are not.

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Atrius (He/Him)

Back on topic, I've decided I will be adding the Djinni/Summon editor.

Djinni data is annoying in that it loads the names and descriptions for them straight from the abilities list, but also contains an ability variable for each one that changes the actual ability they use without affecting the name or description in the menu.  *sigh* So pointless, and confusing...  At least Summons actually use the name & description for the ability they have assigned to them.

Rolina

No, I think I know what that does - it gives them the "djinn showing up when used" effect.  If you use a djinn ability as a standard ability or spell, the djinn doesn't actually pop up.  So I think it's for animation purposes.

Atrius (He/Him)

Huh?

I mean that the name & descriptions for the Djinni might as well be hard-coded even though they're taken from the Djinni's ability in the ability list, but you can still change the actual ability the Djinni uses, and the only text is affects is "So-and-so unleashes blah-blah!"  So if you select Granite in the Djinni menu you could actually have it unleash Iris, and it would behave exactly like Iris, but still use Granite's name & description in the menu.

Aile~♥

@Role: That ALMOST always works. Sometimes, however, when you use a Djinni ability for a spell, the Djinni shows up anyway.

Rolina

OH!  I see what you're saying, Atrius.  I dunno, though, I think I like how they did it - this means that for scripted Djinni battles, you can have them unleash themselves on you!  Of course, what would be ideal, given what you said, is to give these attacks a specific name, so that way it doesn't look lame like:

"Venus Djinni uses Flint!"

and instead looks like:

"Venus Djinni uses Grand Cleave!"

And since there'd be NO DIFFERENCE in the menu, only in the code... (or at least, if I'm understanding you correctly)