News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The (potentially) New Gshc

Started by Charon, 01, October, 2009, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

It doesn't work on my mom's compy either, and hers has the newest version of the Mac browser.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Mac incompatible website?  That doesn't even make sense.  "Cannot find server" is not an error you should get if your browser is incompatible with a website, which would be kinda ridiculous to begin with.  It may be incompatible with some specific commands in the sites code, but the whole website?

It does use Java.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

His computer's an old one and can't handle new browsers, apparently... if that's the case, just get a netbook or something o.O

Although I still fail to see how that would cause the whole site to not work... and how is it that you have an account there anyhow if it doesn't work? Is it the whole site or just certain pages?

Salanewt

I would think certain pages if he managed to register.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Ah, well, good luck in the future being able to post. However, I think there is a program that lets you run things like Windows and stuff in a small window... What was that program again?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

I managed to register using Internet Explorer 5, which is the only version of IE that I have. However, IE will not post to the website.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Oct 3 2009, 12:27 AM

Rolina

The biggest reason as to why I'm against the move is that we'll lose EVERYTHING we've talked about and discussed.

EVERYTHING.

The second biggest reason?  There's no reason to do it, period.  This board works perfectly fine, after all.  It just seems pointless.

weckar

we won't lose it, it will be archived.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Well, while both sites can serve the same purpose, the move does have its advantages and disadvantages.

Reason's for the move:
1. We can start off fresh with a new forum
2. We get a clean slate on Members and they have a choice whether to go register again or not (maybe they don't come back anymore?)
3. We getsome nice features like Reputation.
4. I suggested it once, as an example for ad-free forums. (And apparently, he went along with my example, although there may be other forums that also do not have ads.)
...and many more.

Reason's to not move:
1. We will miss invisionfree.
2. omgforums does not quite work as it should with macs? Doesn't work with Mac OS X, but does work with Mac OS 9.

If we would have lost everything, then I too would have been against this, but since it's saved as archive, I am not against this.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Oct 3 2009, 06:33 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Aile~♥

My dad managed to get it to work. There's some problem with our router, but dad got it fixed.

Apparently, it works in Mac OS 9, but not in Mac OS X, and it wasn't Internet Explorer at all!

Anyway, it's fixed now.

Oh, that is good. Thanks for the valuable information I will update the list now.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Hm... Even if it is saved as an archive, some of the topics should be copied over, so they can be continued.

Have a nice day.

Charon

We can't copy entire topics :p

Salanewt

True, but there is always the right mouse button, and copy+paste.

Have a nice day.

Or you could just make a new topic and pu a link to the original topic, wih something like (continued) in the title, and go from there. (The easy way, I do in fact think people would rather read from the source anyway.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Charon

That's actually a pretty good idea, although it might be best to implement it once we finally seal this place up as an archive.

Rolina

Well, other than proving that PCs are VASTLY SUPERIOR to Macs, I don't see any other reason to move...  I mean, it's not like the ads are all that bad, anyways...

I mean, as they say:  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This post has been edited by Role on Oct 4 2009, 04:30 AM

Unless it has something you like on it that this place doesn't have, I don't think I can change your mind.

You can't always live with the same things you've grown up with, you know.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

I believe you're underestimating the customization level of the new forums.  Here we only have access to stylesheet information to change the appearance of the forums, over there we have access to edit the HTML files of the forums.  Among many other possibilities, there's potential there to create a GSHC website that's integrated seamlessly with the forums.

I seriously doubt that Jamie's problems are because of his operating system.  I've heard that the forum's host has been undergoing maintenance recently, and the boards have been down for some people, but not others.  It could also have something to do with DNS settings, he could try using Open DNS, and seeing if that changes anything.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

It was because of my operating system, and also because of my router, and because of the website itself. Mostly, just a bunch of problems with the website sending back more info then it should have.