News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Community Hack?

Started by Charon the Ferryman, 17, October, 2009, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Why can't Lycans use regular weapons? That solves the issue quite well - we don't need to stick to it's typical turf of basic claw slashing...

Rolina

IIRC, in Garoh it was established that that was their weapons of choice.

Salanewt

"of choice"

So basically, although they might choose to use their claws, they could use other things too, right?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

...But they probably WON'T.

Aile~♥

Keep in mind that Charon's Lycanthrope-ish thing STARTED OUT AS A HUMAN and thus would be used to regular weaponry rather than feral weapons like claws.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Like I said, Lycanthropes are BORN AS SUCH.  As such, she's not a lycan - she's a human with birdlike traits.

Charon

Role's right, but still...

Quote from: RoleIIRC, in Garoh it was established that that was their weapons of choice.
True but they also have other weapons sold.

BESIDES LYCANS ARE ONLY WOLVES FOR ONE FRIGGIN' NIGHT A MONTH EVEN GAROH ESTABLISHED THAT

Wouldn't that make Lycans look the same as people 99% of the time? Ugh, having Lycans is pointless, unless their full lupine homonoids. XP

Rolina

I figured that it was one night a month that they couldn't change back.  Other than that, I figure they could probably go in and out of lycan form at will.  They normally choose not to because of how they were hunted in the past.  After all, how do you think they got past Air's Rock?

Aile~♥

They can use Whirlwind even without being in wolf form. That is how they got past Air's Rock.

Charon

True - their wolf forms only become permanent when they learn Reveal.

Salanewt

Yeah, but I noticed that Maha can't transform back, even though everyone else can. Isn't that because he went to Air's Rock and learned Reveal? Doing so prevented him from being able to transform into human again.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Lol, I was just typing something along those lines...

"Charon the Fortune-seer"

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

squizzy44

i think we should just have one animal-like creature with certain abilitys all of it's own, like being able to transorm into the animals in gstla such as, turtle(lil' and big), cow, dog, chicken etc. while also being able to transorm into a lycanthrope. but, these abilitys would only be used for missions and other extra tasks.

because i am terrible at patchs and other stuff like that, i would like to say sorry in advance for not helping much.    

ps.if this seems too complicated please tell me

Rolina

That seems... kinda cliche, though.  The token mascot creature?  I dunno, the Djinni do a good enough job as that, right?  We just need to make them more active in the story than just during the djinni tutorial.  I think we should have one of each djinni act more openly as part of the story.  Most likely, the tutorial djinn, as well as perhaps a djinn that comes with someone else, perhaps acting as a partner of sorts.

Salanewt

Yeah, but the partner thing almost reminds me of Pokemon games. Please don't ask me why, I do not know.

However, I like the idea that there are main character djinni. It will open up many more opportunities for plot.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: SalanewtYeah, but the partner thing almost reminds me of Pokemon games. Please don't ask me why, I do not know.

However, I like the idea that there are main character djinni. It will open up many more opportunities for plot.

Have a nice day.
It would be similar in a sense (especially since some of them do resemble pokemon o.O)

Charon

I think Djinn were a tad of a marketing trick to attract those to the game, because they're cute and cuddlwy and adowable and... and... and...

I'm not too keen on having Main Character Djinn... because that sorta defeats the purpose of djinn... They're all about customization. Why make it so there's one that's forced on somebody?

unless I'm not thinking about it right. Meh.

Wait, are you suggesting they play a role in the plot?

Aile~♥

Yes, we are suggesting that we have Djinn that play a role in the plot, and in conversations, and suchlike.

Rolina

Yeah, like Typhoon is in my story.  You know snarky ol' Typhoon...

What I meant by 'partners' was stuff like the djinn Mia and Piers came with.  In my story, Nina comes with one, whom takes part in the story.  They're even more blast-happy than she is.

squizzy44

Rolina

See:  Golden Sun - Advent of the Betrayer

You can find it in the Creative Works section.