News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja Steve

If you must Wonder Guard something, at least give it to somebody decent.

My view on cheating: only for event-only Pokémon, such as Arceus. Otherwise, I really don't like it much. Anything with Wonder Guard is just looking for trouble. (Also, there's a reason why Fighting types have Foresight.)
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Rolina

Well, Arceus can probably be gotten via those events.  If it's cool for your region, then go ahead.  If you missed out, oh well.  Hell, I got up and went all the way to toys-r-us for that Giratina!  Missed out on the sky-form shaymin, though... didn't know they were having it.  If it's available legit in your region, then get it legit.  If not, you can get it for collection purposes, but you're not allowed to use it.

Since these would be legendaries anyways, which I have a personal grudge against and won't use in the first place, it's easy for me to do.  Others, though... dunno.

...Aww... I just realized something.  Magmortar might fit Atlus a hell of a lot more than Infernape.  All that resetting... wasted...  I mean, they BOTH have arm canons...  Giant freaking arm canons... I wonder why I chose Infernape over Magmortar?

Charon

I don't necessarily disapprove of cheating per se, especially that with experimental codes, but really, Salanewt, what a better way to look like an @#$ than to have a Charizard with Hydro Cannon. It's more fun to come up with real movesets than impossible ones.

Aile~♥

@Leaf: Well, Umbreon, having the crazy-high defences that it does, might be able to survive Salamence, at least for a good while. And, if you can out-speed it, you can flinch it indefinitely with Dark Pulse if you're lucky, ending the threat right there.

@Role: No, Magmortar was not good enough for me. For one, it's ugly, and two, it doesn't learn NEARLY enough gun/cannon-themed moves.

My idea for Shotzem was something like a Gallade but with arm cannons instead of blades.

Typing: Psychic/Steel

Level 50 stats (assuming neutral nature) would be something like:
HP: 120-170
Attack: 130-175
Sp. Attack: 130-175
Defence: 65-110
Sp. Defence: 115-165
Speed: 90-140
Note: All stats are rounded to multiples of 5.

Possible abilities:
Sniper: Crits have 3x power instead of 2x power.
Rapid Fire: Multi-hit attacks have +1 minimum and +1 maximum hits.

Evolution method: Sun Stone

Notable moves:
Teleport (learned at start and at level 6, you can't get it without a Heart Scale)
Bullet Seed (level 20, learned if you evolve it right after it evolves to Kirlia)
Double Team
Rock Blast (one of the most powerful multi-hit attacks around)
SolarBeam
Night Shade
Nasty Plot (Good for boosting the likes of SolarBeam, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam, Flash Cannon, and Psychic)
Aura Sphere? (not sure whether it should get this move. If it does, it will probably be through use of a Heart Scale)
Overheat/Leaf Storm (one of the two, not sure which. Probably Overheat, though)
Power Swap? (Makes a nasty combo with Overheat/Leaf Storm, but there is no precedence for it in the Ralts series.)
Hyper Beam (it is a beam attack, after all)
Fire Blast
Protect (come on, it just HAS to have this)

STAB attacks:
Confusion
Mirror Shot
Flash Cannon
Psychic
Psycho Cut

Other notable moves it can learn through various means (TMs, HMs, Move Tutors, breeding, etc.):

Icy Wind
Shadow Ball
Sunny Day
Sandstorm
Rain Dance
Thunderbolt
Will-o-Wisp
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Secret Power
Hidden Power
Shock Wave
Stealth Rock

Like other Ralts series Pokemon, it learns Teleport at an early level, so early that you can't get it without a Heart Scale. Confusion is also learned this early.

Pokedex Entry: It has an affinity for explosions. It uses its arm cannons to protect its Trainer even from a distance.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Sajin

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 05, January, 2010, 10:57:04 PM
@Role: No, Magmortar was not good enough for me. For one, it's ugly, and two, it doesn't learn NEARLY enough gun/cannon-themed moves.

I agree, Magmar got the worst evolution... And also the worst looks.  :Sweat:

You seem to have planned everything for Shotzem Jamie, all you need now is a sprite for it. Oh, and shouldn't the name begin with "Ga"? Like GAllade and GArdevour?

Ninja Steve

Yeah, there's slight theme naming there. I can't really think of anything good that would fit...

Otherwise, all I have to say that a gun-themed Ralts evolution sounds weird to me... but I'd probably still use it anyway.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Salanewt

Well yeesh, I only do this for fun once I have beaten the game. Funny thing, but I have not even done ANYTHING to Platinum yet. Although it does have a Battle factory...

Sableye sucks anyway, and I do not even use it. I only used the code to have it so I could try to trade it to my friends for better characters.

Also, I only train legitimately, so... Anything that I use codes for is just for fun (unless it means stealing from the Battle Factory for the GBA, they are mainly for the Gamecube games, so I can test their shininess and their abilities). That wasn't nice Role... Ow. Besides, it is only for fun!!! I use them as collectibles. I also gave it Synthesis, Frenzy Plant, and Blast Burn (or maybe Fly, I forget which one). I also have a Rapidash with the same moves... Ultimate Confusion, mwahahahahaha! Only for fun though (and makes it easier to beat my friends 999 stat Shiny Rayquaza (but I do not use many stat boosts myself)). I had no idea how seriously people take hacking Pokemon here, wow. Almost seems worse here than the infinite Movement code that I created for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. Only modified one or two digits for it, but it became extremely useful.

Besides, using codes is what makes me say "Ah, what a fun game."

Ralts the Gunfighter? Gashot? Galaser?

Well, have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Yes, but you'll notice, it's Garde-devoir, (garde being French for guard, devoir being French for duty) and Gall-lade (Gall being shortened gallant, and lade being blade without the B). Shotzem is just another really bad pun name: Shotz-em (Shot em). Of course, put that into the title of a Pokemon episode, and you have Ash saying: "I Shotzem!"

Rolina

Yeah, if you're going to come up with a name, you need to keep the thematics.  Shotzem's a horrible name.  Also, why does it have Psycho Cut in your list?

Sala:  You have to cheat at a GAME to have fun?  You disgrace us all with your presence.  Come back when you grow a pair.

Aile~♥

How does Model ZX's Z-saber in that Megaman game (whose name eludes me) work? It's a gun and a beam sword in one. It doesn't really need Psycho Cut however.

And as for the name, do YOU have a better suggestion?

Rolina

No, it doesn't.  It has a gun, AND a sword.  Not just one thing that changes into something else.  The Z-Saber slashes things.  The X-Gun shoots things.  Would be the X-Buster, but... well, it's a gun, not an arm canon, so...

Gallade is the Model Z.  Your gunner is the Model X.  If you want a Model ZX...  Go find something else.

Personally, though... I like my Gallade as Death, and my Gardevoir as Witch.  Models D and W... if only, OH, if only...  Of course, given that they called Model V Model W in the dub, then Pandora's model would be M for mage or something... Or S for sorceress... something like that.  Probably S.

Gallant Gunner.  French-ify it, then combine it.  Better name get.

Charon

You guys take naming so seriously. Usually my names are unusually sarcastic or crude.

My Murkrows are named all sorts of boy/girl names ~

Aile~♥

Problem: Gallant is the same in French as in English, and gunner translates to something like fousilleur (sp?), or artilleur, or canonnier. I can't find a good way to combine gallant with any of those words.

@Charon: Yes, but this is the name of an entire SPECIES of Pokemon. Besides, you're the one who names Pokemon things like Flamox. Flamonder sounds cool, but Flamox definitely doesn't. On the other hand, Zephyreon is a really cool name.

Rolina

Galleur.  Fousillant.  Choose one.  Better name get.

Aile~♥

Galleur not so much. Fousillant would work, but it lacks a bit of the name theming. It's still good.

What's with that "Better name get." line? You having fun with your bad grammar there?

Rolina

Play off of "Weapon GET!" from the Rockman series.

Aile~♥

You'd think they could have better grammar than that.

Maybe they should "Grammar GET!"

Neko-chan

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 07, January, 2010, 01:09:05 AM
How does Model ZX's Z-saber in that Megaman game (whose name eludes me)
Umm that game is called MEGAMAN ZX. Oh and speaking of Pokemon I always have a Pikachu in my teams because they're SOOOOO CUTE!!!
(insert smart remark here)

Rolina

Quote from: Neko-chan on 07, January, 2010, 04:38:53 PM
Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 07, January, 2010, 01:09:05 AM
How does Model ZX's Z-saber in that Megaman game (whose name eludes me)
Umm that game is called MEGAMAN ZX. Oh and speaking of Pokemon I always have a Pikachu in my teams because they're SOOOOO CUTE!!!
Go check my team, and come back to me, 'k?  It's on the first page.  There's a reason there's a little bit of Rockman talk in here.

And WEWY talk, too, for that matter.

Ninja Steve

Whoa... we flew off-topic in my short absence, didn't we?

Anyway... I GOT DIAMOND xD

My current team consists of Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Pikachu, Misdreavus, and Murkrow. It's probably the team that'll carry me through the Elite Four, unless I feel like I need to train a Garchomp.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team