News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Already?  Dang, you've really been playing the hell out of that if you just got the game...

No, it wasn't off topic.  It was related.  Just misunderstood.

leaf

On the topic of naming pokemon... they need to name a pokemon Gahdh'and, already. Hey, if they could get away with arceus, surely they could get away with this =p

@Jamie: I can give you the short explanation as to why umbreon won't work as a salamence counter, or I can give you the long explanation. Which would you like?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Whichever explanation you like. On the other hand, I doubt the other people around here would appreciate text walls in this topic.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Insularity

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Insularity

I've got something important to say-

The greatest combo ever.

Hippowdon for Sandstorm.
Ninjask: Protect: Speed +1, Sub: Speed +1 Attack +1, Protect: Speed +1, Baton Pass
Aggron: Head Smash

As long as Ninjask doesn't get outsped on the first Sub (highly unlikely- +1 with base 160) or ouprioritsed, and taking it's x4 Stealth Rock weakness, you get guaranteed +3 Speed and +1 Attack. If no Stealth Rock, guaranteed +5. Baton Pass into Aggron, who has a base 180 defence, 60 +1 (sandstorm) Special defence, and a 225 base power move (Head Smash) taking into account STAB, now with +1 attack. Give Aggron SubPunch for defence and decent coverage, and Magnet Rise to cancel out its 4x Ground weakness, and you've got one broken sweeper.

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Kain

Been playing HeartGold for a few days now.  Not bad.  I'm on my way to the second gym, but I've taken the time to make sure all my pokemon are up to par with my leader, Quilava.  (Cyndiquil evolved obviously.)

So here's my team.

Quilava level 15

Sparkley Pidgey level 10

Pidgey level 10

Rattata level 10

Spinarak level 10

Geodude Level 12

Beedrill (traded a Caterpie for a Weedle) level 12

Ghastley level 13

Togepi level 11

Rocky (Traded a bellsprout for this from an NPC) level 12

Magikarp level 10

Pokemon I haven't gotten around to training yet.

Caterpie level 4

Bellsprout level 3

Mareep level 6

Hoppip level 6

Unown A level 5

Unown E level 5

Unown G level 5

Pokemon I've run into

Spearow: Honestly, I hate these things more than Pidgeys.  I'll catch one eventually and level it up, but for now I don't even bother.

Hoothoot: Another one I don't care for.

Sentret: Didn't want it so didn't bother.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

My Pokemon Diamond team before my DS was stolen

Darkrai lv100 No cheats! Got it in a trade!
Giratina lv100
Dusknoir lv100
Spiritomb lv100
Gengar lv100 Palpark'd from my Firered game
Shedinja lv100 Palpark'd from my Emerald game

Told ya that I overuse dark and Ghost types!

MaxiPower

My current team

Ampharos level 32
Charizard level 38
Fraligator level 40
Alaksam Level 32
Golem Level 30

Pretty good all round team, try to cover all major weaknessess

leaf

Quote from: Insularity on 09, February, 2010, 06:13:50 AM
I've got something important to say-

The greatest combo ever.

Hippowdon for Sandstorm.
Ninjask: Protect: Speed +1, Sub: Speed +1 Attack +1, Protect: Speed +1, Baton Pass
Aggron: Head Smash

As long as Ninjask doesn't get outsped on the first Sub (highly unlikely- +1 with base 160) or ouprioritsed, and taking it's x4 Stealth Rock weakness, you get guaranteed +3 Speed and +1 Attack. If no Stealth Rock, guaranteed +5. Baton Pass into Aggron, who has a base 180 defence, 60 +1 (sandstorm) Special defence, and a 225 base power move (Head Smash) taking into account STAB, now with +1 attack. Give Aggron SubPunch for defence and decent coverage, and Magnet Rise to cancel out its 4x Ground weakness, and you've got one broken sweeper.
/Roar

As for that salamence suspect test thread you linked earlier (that I somehow never saw as I forgot both about this topic and replying to jamie), did that ever go anywhere?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Drick

I just beat the 8th Gym in Heart Gold, my team is:

Kronk the Feraligatr
Jacob the Gengar
Walter the Dusknoir (Sent from Pearl as a lv 23 Duskull after 3rd Gym)
Giggity the Quagsire
Thomas the Murkrow
Batman (lol) the Larvitar (Sent from Pearl after 2nd gym, holding an everstone)

All are around lv 38 I think. Once my team gets to around 60 I'll be dropping my Quagsire for my Darkrai, Xeno, from Pearl.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Uhhh, the fifth gen of pokemon game has been announced!
Sometime this fall pokemon black and white will be released in japan!
OMFG I sound like a commercial.....

I found it while wandering around ign...
LOOKY LOOKY!

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/108/1082670p1.html

See? And nobody else cares that a new game for the ds that ISN'T those crappy minigames
is set to be released.....

Man, I can't effing wait!! [/epicnerdgasm]

MaxiPower

Im not dying of excitement yet lol, but theres so many announcements recently and games / things that i cannot wait to get my hands on this year  and next

Red Dead Redemption (Release 21nd May 2010)
Modnation Racers (Release 21nd May 2010)
Golden Sun DS (Pending Release)
Golden Sun Editor 0.3 (Pending Release...)
Gears of War 3 (Release 8 April 2011)
Dragon Ball Z Kai (Starting in May)
Pokemon Black and White (Pending US/EU Release)

All things i cant wait for

Rolina

I bring good tidings... and the Pokemon Black and White Homepage!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

Supposedly we get new info on tax day.

Salanewt

More? To be honest, they seem to be rushing things... Surprised that there isn't a Pokemon that looks like a hamburger yet... Maybe we get them with this next series? They should slow down, since I finally lack the will to spend any more of my money (read: my mother to spend her money) on Pokemon. If the third generation were coming out around now, that would be a pretty good pace, but... I can't remember the nearly 600 names, when once I could actually name the first 151.

And yet there are no more Yoshi games coming out? Wah!

Anyway, if anyone is planning on getting one of these, will they tell everyone else if they are good or not?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

They DO have a pokemon that looks like hamburger.  It's called Miltank.

MaxiPower

Im ready for a new Pokemon game, last one came out in 2007, not counting the remake of course. with this coming out next year in america, 2011.

thats long enough.

Rolina

I'm looking forward to the new dex.  I wonder what the new mons will be?

Also wanting the following combo for starters:

Grass/Fighting
Fire/Dark
Water/Psychic

or:

Grass/Dark
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

I'm just saying.  It'd be kinda neat.

Just... no more Fire/Fighting.  We've had two of those already...

Salanewt

To be honest, I would rather have...

Grass/Psychic
Fire/Bug
Water/Poison

Oh, and they could be...

Leafer,
Scant,
Anthrop,

Hm... Maybe better names.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

They'll probably rip off some of the fakemons seen in hacks...
I mean they don't really have any good ideas for new mons now that there's 493 of them, do they?
And Pokemon hackers have probably come up with the same ideas for pokemon that whoever makes the games has.

I'm expecting to see a LOT of lameass mons and EV forms of older mons like a mon that EV's from Lucario or Flotzel or Carnivine....

I'll be REALLY impressed if they actually think up some GOOD ones!

I mean what kind of pokemon were Drifbloon/blim, Cricketot/tune and that yeti thing? ( I know their types you sarcastic people)

They'd probably have names like Novacrone or Sandrago and for the new ubers, maybe Leviatop or Ryugi or possibly Sendriga. That's what I'd name 'em anyways.....

MaxiPower

People have said this alot that they are running out of ideas, but really where the designs behind first gen like magnemite, voltorb, Muk etc