News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

Pokemon black and white. Apparently, we're going retro now. It really seems too soon for a new pokemon game, though...

Oh, and nero... please don't ever refer to "evolve" or "evolved" as "EV" ever again. "EV" has a very different and a very well-established meaning; it stands for "Effort Value," and EV training a pokemon is the key to customizing them the way you want. I had to re-read that sentence to figure out what you meant since the typical meaning of "EV" made absolutely no sense in that context.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Well, I guess they ran out of uber-fancy gemstones to use. Or they like going retro (which may or may not be a good thing).

What's so bad about drifloon/lim? I don't see anything wrong with a blimp pokemon, except for the uncreative names.

And Riolu/Lucario was genius. Running out of ideas, riiiiight...
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

@Role: Lolwut? What's that supposed to be? (I know they're pokemon chars)

Rolina

Pokemon Special characters with water starters:  Water > Fire
Pokemon Special characters with fire starters: RAAAAAAAGE!
Green/Gary MFing Oak:  Oi... CALM DOWN.
Pokemon Special characters with grass starters:  Hey, Crystal, these donuts are great!

Hoopa

Wow, Pokemon White and Black look like it'll actually be fun to play and the legends look like epic armored dragon/beasties. The starters are really cute too...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

dograt50

@Role's pic:This is who im guessing is in the picture

left to right

Dawn, Landon(?), Girl player from FR & LG,(Rival)Gold from Pokemon HG & SS

Middle

May(why is she wearing blue?), Silver , Rival from D/P/PL(cant remember his name), Gary Oak

Bottom

I dont know the kid in green, Lyra, Red(?), Lucas(?)

:Isaac: :VenusDjinni: :Felix:

Hoopa

They're from Pokemon special, the manga.

From left to right they are:
Platina/Platinum, Ruby, Green, Silver

Middle
Saphire, Gold, Pearl, and Blue

Bottom
Emerald, Crystal, Red, Diamond
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

dograt50

Wow... i was off. I was guessing off apperences.

Whats the Manga about?

:Isaac: :VenusDjinni: :Felix:

Luigisuperstar

ahem, to start about the new pokemons for Black and white here.
Tsutarja-
type- Grass
species- Grass Snake Pokémon
weight-0.6m
Height-8.1kg

Pokabu-
type- Fire
species- Fire Pig Pokemon
Weight 0.5m
Height 9.9kg

Mijumaru-
type- water
species-sea otter pokemon
weight 0.5m
Height 5.9kg

That's them. I'm just bored. and some people don't know so I show them
Dood.

Sajin

...The water starter looks...weird. But the grass one looks nice enough.
I just hope they don't add more 100 pokemons. God, they're almost 500 already, right? How are we supposed to catch them all?  :fury: >_>

Charon

The water starter looks like the deranged lovechild of Piplup and Kricketot. I personally like the grass one the most.

In HG I've been going around with my killer Chatot "Rainbow" and seeing how far I can go in the Battle Hall.

Prepare. To. Be. Chattered.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteI just hope they don't add more 100 pokemons. God, they're almost 500 already, right? How are we supposed to catch them all? :fury: >_>
Lol I know, right? By the end of the decade, there'd probably be 1000 pokemon  :Sweat:

I wonder what ubers the new games will have. There's already Arceus, which is said to have MADE THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD! What will they do for the Black & White versions? I bet they'll make more hugeass dragons...

Sajin

Yup. The new pokemons that appear to be the legendaries look like huge mechanical dragons with a drill on their back... Yes, a drill.

Charon

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 01, June, 2010, 10:44:17 AM
I wonder what ubers the new games will have. There's already Arceus, which is said to have MADE THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD! What will they do for the Black & White versions? I bet they'll make more hugeass dragons...
The excuse will probably go a little like this:

"Well, ARCEUS was God... of the Sinnoh region."

For Christ's sake they should just program Chuck Norris into the damn game.

Salanewt

Yeah, or even some of the other holy figures of this world, like the ones that druids and Futureshop employees worship. Also, for a new Dark type, BP? Lol, enough real life jokes from me about this for now.

Anyway, now that I have seen the starters, I am even less likely to get either Black or White (I must say that I do kind of like that grass starter though, but the water is just strange, and the fire looks almost like a remake of Grumpig mixed with Pikachu and Charmander (though maybe a tiny bit cute, but...)). If I ultimately do decide on getting one of them, it will be White with that grass starter (which is not usual for me, since I tend to go for water starters in almost each game).

1st generation - Squirtle/Charmander (Water type/Charizard is awesome)
2nd generation - Barely played, but have gone for either Chikorita or Totodile (Cyndaquil was neat, but I did not find it particularly useful to own, especially with some of the stronger bosses (like the dragon user)). Totodile for water, Chikorita because it was my favourite starter (if female).
3rd generation - Usually Mudkip, sometimes Treecko or Torchic (Treecko was not common with me, and Torchic once gave me like 40+ baby Torchics because of a farm at the breeder's I started). Lost the game and my almost 60-70 Torchics.
4th generation - Piplup (did you see the others? Yuck! Besides, there have been enough grass types in the game (and grass + earth is extremely weak to flying, which I tend to use in each game as well)), and Fire + Fighting already happened, just before this generation.
5th generation - Not out yet, but I like that grass starter. The fire is cute but looks like a crossbred Grunpig and Charmander (not to mention a tiny bit of Pikachu and Flaafy in there), and the water looks more demented than the Beijing mascots for the Olympics a few years ago.

Now, what does everyone else prefer?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

The water starter at least looks the most original. The fire and grass starters look like rips of spoink/phanpy and treeko, respectively.

@Sajin: Technically, if you count the alternate forms of pokemon certain pokemon (ie. skymin and the rotom forms), they've already hit over 500. When alternate forms don't count, they're already up to 493, so between five different alternate forms for rotom, three alternate forms for deoxys, and one alternate form each for shaymin and giratina, that goes up to 503.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Well it's hard to be original when you have about 500 pokemon >_<

Sajin

So, 503? Meh, since I didn't played neither D/P the only ones I know from the fourth generation are the starters and few others that actually have a good design.
Leaf, none of them look original. The grass starter looks like seviper+treecko, the fire one charmander+grumpig and the water one quagsire+a snow man with ears.

Salanewt

QuoteThe grass starter looks like seviper+treecko, the fire one charmander+grumpig and the water one quagsire+a snow man with ears.

Grass: I would have thought of Treecko and Flygon, but I can see Seviper in it too.

Fire: Lol, I thought so too! I added Pikachu for the yellow strip on his head, and Flaafy for the ball on the end of the tail, but it is mostly Charmander and Grumpig. Maybe its name sets will be: Bakon (Bake + Bacon) - Hamoven (Ham + Oven) - Incineroast (Incinerator + Roast)? Lol, I would actually like to have a Bakon pokemon.

Water: To be honest, it looks like a combination of one of the seal pokemon (maybe Seal itself), Foatzel, and I can see Squirtle in there, you just have to reduce the front side of his body to a small patch, and then remove the shell.

Personally, I would have liked cross-type starters, like a Fire starter that also becomes water when it evolves, or grass that also becomes fire. Better yet, we have yet to have bug or psychic starters (unless psychic is coming now with the fire pig?).

Also, for Arceus, don't forget that you can change his type and colour scheme by giving him different plates. I thought Castform would have counted as well, but considering his other forms are only used for battle, it is barely like adding pokemon to the total. Also, Lugia doesn't count, right? In XD: Gale of Darkness, he was extremely cool looking as Shadow Lugia (and after curing him, went straight to Emerald before I discovered the ability to teleport to each of the legendary islands). I now have a nice collection of legendaries in Diamond, but they are stuck there because I only have the one DS.

Have a nice day.

Edit: There are also the Mystery Dungeon games, first to introduce a purple Kecleon and Primal Dialga (I would also mention the Pink Celebi, but it almost looks like regular shiny Celebi, so...).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?