News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Drick

Quote from: Role on 27, March, 2011, 04:05:47 AM
I call bullshit.  That's a 7-mon team!

I KNOW I couldn't decide on who to drop and now I just keep one on standby in my PC box. It it were up to me I'd carry Sableye around on my back to make space!

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 27, March, 2011, 04:10:19 AM
RAMSES!

My Cofigrigus' name was more of a reference to Golden Sun, I haven't seen much of that show.

Charon

Put Sableye back. Now. Right. Now.

Anyways, got Black and it's actually really good. Just got one of these:

And oh my god its cry sounds like a table saw... ready to tear through your opponent.

Drick

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 29, March, 2011, 07:08:11 PM
Put Sableye back. Now. Right. Now.

What seems to be the problem?

Salanewt

Not sure, though I can supply a reason as to why you should keep him. As he is both Dark and Ghost, he has no actual weaknesses. I am not sure about the three newbies, but Sableye is a pretty good Pokemon to have.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

'Cept his base stats suck so a basic attack would knock him out easily regardless of a lack of a weakness

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 29, March, 2011, 09:14:46 PM
'Cept his base stats suck so a basic attack would knock him out easily regardless of a lack of a weakness
Without an evo, it's too sucky.

Drick

What do you take me for? Of course I know that. Mine has hacked stats and Shadow Force (Strongest Ghost move normally only learnable by Giratina).

Although his hacked stats aren't really that substantial, it still allows him to up from useless to only slightly weak (with a kickass move).

Rolina

ITT:  Drick proves that he can only win in Pokemon by cheating, thus losing respect from the rest of the forums.

Hoopa

Agreed. It's more fun actually training your pokemon you know... Although the pros get too uptight about that with IVs and EVs...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Drick's already banned from competition.  There's actually code that's triggered in the games if you're caught cheating - he can never participate in official events, nor even get the goodies you tend to get for attending them now.  Plus, even children trainers will get mad at him.  There are some things you don't do.  Cheating at pokemon is one of them.

Hoopa

Huh, that's new to me. I've heard nothing about this code.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Drick

ok wow where did that come from all I did was make a weak Pokemon usable. All my other Pokemon are pure and unhacked, jeeeeez

Plus I'm not planning to enter any events and if I DID I would just not use Sableye. Wow.

Not like it would matter because again he's still not an uber Pokemon or anything just stronger than the average Sableye

Rolina

Have you never heard of the Little Cup?  Where Sableye is actually a pretty damn good option?

Also, you can't just not use Sableye.  I just told you, they program the game to trigger some code when a hacked pokemon is put on the game.  YOU CAN'T USE THAT CART, PERIOD.  Anyone you've traded Sableye to can't either.

Also, has it occurred to you that many pokemon, such as Misdreveus, have gotten Evos since their introduction?  That it's likely that Sableye and Mawile will probably get some in a later gen as well?

You hacked a pokemon game.  That's auto-loss of respect in the eyes of many gamers.  Hacking games to make them harder is one thing (MMBN hacks are notorious about making even harder uberbosses to fight), but outright cheating like you're doing?

Drick

That hurts, Role. You've caught me completely off guard. All I wanted was to legitimately use Sableye in my single-player experience, for him to be able to fight properly alongside my team. Not much to it, just to use one of my favorite Pokemon. No intentions of competitive play or special events, just some fun with my dream team. And you're shooting me down like I'm hacking a whole team of superpowered Pokemon that can breeze through the game with no challenge. If I didn't make this clear, my Sableye is my only cheated Pokemon, and even he can be 1HKO'd by something like Hydro Pump. I'm not trying to justify what I did, all I want is for you to realize that it's no big deal and take it easy. I don't even have the option to participate in competitions, I live far away from any big town. (Plus I'm too lazy and couldn't care less)

I'm not ruining the game, I'm not ruining anyone else's fun. Hell right now I'm training my levels to be able to take on The Elite Four round 2 (The @#$%&*! dark guy gives me hell, obviously).

Honestly, I didn't do anything that made my game less fun, in the fact the only negative thing that's come of it was your response to it. I'm not asking for much, just a little understanding.

Rolina

If it's your favorite, and you're using it only in SP, then there's NO NEED to do that - you can beat the game by making an optimal-for-combat Sableye - build them as if you're working on making a little cup champion, and you'll see that they're not that bad against in-game foes.

However, giving them impossible stats and an UBERHAX move that banned from competitive play because of how broken it is?  Yeah, you're no better than someone who hacks Golden Sun to make all the enemies have half stats and give fifty times the XP.  Instead of pulling off a feat that would make a gamer proud, beating the game while maining a Sableye of all things, you cheated your way there.

If it hurts, that's because it should.  You don't brag about cheating, not even on a forum about hacking a game.  It's not cool.

Drick

Role, please. I couldn't main my Sableye. My Dusknoir and Scrafty are way stronger. And how can you compare me that way? Did you even listen? My Sableye is a strong Sableye, but not UBERHAX strong. In fact, the rest of my Pokemon still outmatch him.

Also, remember that I have 7 Pokemon? That' a whole team besides him, I've raised 6 other Pokemon! You could just discount my Sableye and I have a perfectly normal, badly typed team!

And why is the competition stuff so important? I've already established that I have no interest in it.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm not trying to make a grand accomplishment. I'm trying to have a little fun. You're not making me feel bad for cheating, you're making me feel bad because of your rudeness.

And don't think that I'm enjoying this, I didn't come here to argue with anyone. This really sucks.

EDIT: You know what? Forget this. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for bringing it up. I'm sorry for hoping to amuse someone. I'm sorry you can't enjoy it with me. I apologize sincerely for not realizing that a game marketed to children is incredibly serious business and I feel ashamed for making minor edits to enhance my experience. I am a dirty hacker and should have just hacked a bunch of Lv. 100s instead of a buffed weakling.

Salanewt

I honestly do not see what the problem is, as long as it is for personal amusement or personal use. If one can not play online because of that, so what? What one could do if they really want is to back-up their Pokemon in another game, and start a new file without them. Besides, it is hardly different from using a code for a Sableye egg with max IVs and EVs, or even obtaining one normally.

Also, if there is coding, then there must be a way around it. In the end, it is best to avoid arguing about it and have fun talking!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Drick

Quote from: Salanewt on 30, March, 2011, 08:07:41 PM
I honestly do not see what the problem is, as long as it is for personal amusement or personal use. If one can not play online because of that, so what? What one could do if they really want is to back-up their Pokemon in another game, and start a new file without them. Besides, it is hardly different from using a code for a Sableye egg with max IVs and EVs, or even obtaining one normally.

Also, if there is coding, then there must be a way around it. In the end, it is best to avoid arguing about it and have fun talking!
Thank you so much, I'm now at relative ease.

Charon

It's really not meant as an offense though. Hell I raised Murkrows, Fearows and Pidgeots back in the R/S/E days just cuz I could. But be aware that people are gonna pwn the crap out of you with that, and if you want to do really any good it's your weakspot Pokemon in your themed team.

But on the topic of hacking... meh, do it if you want. Not my cartridge. Although... I remember having a code that hacked IVs/Shininess in my less glorious days (I.E. 2008) in D/P, should I try to transfer those pokes? I traded some of them to HG probably, and HG can still get on Wifi Battle Tower and GTS... I didn't have them have illegal movesets (except for a Bibarel back in Diamond with Explosion for teh lulz but I promptly released him).

tbh if you want to do all that stuff though go onto Shoddy Battle, it lets you set IVs/EVs to whatever you want. No illegal movesets though...