News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

RTSSH21's artwork

Started by RTGreece21, 29, April, 2010, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTGreece21

fairly good, for now im just replaying teh first game and comming up with a loose script. ive drawn 2 comics, and the main page is done and everything, i just wanna make sure i'll have a head start before i actually launch it. i dont ant to end up going more than a month without putting up something, ya know?

i think the single picture for major areas is a cute idea. i was going to put in something similar using comic boxs and stuff. you're more than welcome to make some pictures like that if you want. the first places are Vale and Sol Sanctum, so if you want to, go ahead ^^~.

one of the things i was going to do was take snapshots and make maps to show where all the items are, indicated but the item's sprite. im largly undecided for it though, but i liked the thought.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

Yeah, that is perfectly understandable.

I can work on pictures soon. I have some other art assignments to do, but one of them could be Mount Aleph (to be renamed for submission), not to mention exams next week.

Maps are good idea. Personally, I would just draw little "item" strips that can be plugged into the main story strips, or something.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

RTGreece21

hm... what do you think the launch date should be then? Near the beginning of february?

but yeah, i was thinking maybe one of the djinni could be an abstract artist, and only one of the characters (most likely mia?) would have enough appreciation for art to make out the maps in the paintings or something silly like that. im gonna have isaac get abused and no one will listen to him and sillyness like that (cuz he's basically mute, lol), and a few other things.

but yeah, im still picking around on thoughts for now.

anyays, here's the first two strips. thyre roughly sketched because im not looking for consistency. sometimes i'll do really awesome stuff, sometimes they'll be sketchy like this. that way, if people sign up, they sign up to have fun and to not be pressured to do something fun.
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

1. Some time in February would be perfect, perhaps some time after the first or second weekend?

2. Flint? Or maybe Mia's djinni?

3. They look good. If someone beats him up again, perhaps it could be because he spoke? But yeah, comedy and fun before perfection, or else it will cease to be fun.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Took me a minute to figure out it was in 4-Koma format, the arrows and numbers at the top had me thinking that was the panel order for some reason.  For shame, Dora, there are better ways to abuse your children that don't leave bruises.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

To Sala:
1. alrighty. i'll look at my calendar and choose a launch date most likely towards the second week of february

2. That's what im thinking too... maybe Flint, but mia's djinni would share an appreciation for it. this way, Flint would paint with grounded up rocks, sands, and pigmants like various culturs to recreate a watercolour-like painting. Mia and her djinni can read it, but no one takes them seriously, and isaac is mute, so he cant tell anyone what  the paintings mean anyways. could turn out pretty cute.

3. id laugh if he accidently makes a sound in a tense moment and, spooked, oe of the other character turns around so fast, they slam Isaac in the face and knock a tooth out. thatd teach him not to squeek, lol XD

To Atrius:
lol, and yeah, following the cover page will be a page that explains how to reads that will cover a few styles that people can submit. there will be an arrow at the top indicating whether to read left to right or the reverse, and numbers inside the squares would indicate box order if using boxes, while nubers outside, or sitting on the line, indicate what strip to read if there is more than one strip on a page, and whatnot. that way, when a comic is posted, the arrow at the top tells you how to read, and teh signature at the bottom tells you what artist did what comic.

RTGreece21

It's been a while, so I thought I'd add to this. I've gotten faster at drawing, though I can't draw in the same style used in Golden Sun (it just doesn't work for me), and even faster at colouring. Attatched is a little thing that took me like... half an hour I guess. Including the stopping to type with my buddies time.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Okay. Now to post up the opinion I had in the cbox.

We shall use this as an outline.

So, in my opinion, the eyes should be bigger, and take up close to half the vertical height of the head. ; And the eyes should probably? be lowered.... Not sure, though, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of yellow for the chin part of the head? (Me thinks?) Also, I doubt the nose pokes out that much? Hmm... (Hopefully my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

RTGreece21

Uuuuuu~! That's a really nice reference pic, better than going from memory lol~ I'll have to use that next time. The colouring is on purpose, it's due to the lighting and such, but I'll deFfinately keep all of that in mind - especially the eyes, looking at that I shrunk those things to like... a third of their size, yikes... lol thanks~!
:heart: