News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Clan Requests

Started by Charon, 21, May, 2010, 05:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Venus signups have been closed until further notice. Please make sure you chose a clan besides Venus. Thank you.

Salanewt

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 02, November, 2010, 05:48:22 PM
Venus signups have been closed until further notice. Please make sure you chose a clan besides Venus. Thank you.

And I agreed to this, so everyone should know that Venus' current representative also finds it fair to halt Venus registration, at least for now. Our next representative might agree to this too, although I can not tell what they will think.

Quick question, but is there a ratio or something to help decide when a clan has too many members?

Also, if we have people who do not post in the Clan after a certain amount of time (like a month or two), would it be possible to have a short period of time during which we can ban them from that Clan forum? Not very long, just something like a day period or a week, and they have to re-register to come back. Still working out some problems with this, but we have so many members who do almost nothing.

Have a nice day.

Edit: In anywhere from a few hours to a few days, the "next" representative will be our new one, charleysdrpepper.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Thelinil

leaf

Sala: Banning them from the clan wouldn't do anything if they weren't active to begin with.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

True, but it would remove them from the clan. Most of our members are fairly inactive, which is why I finally agreed to having the registration ban on us. Then again...

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hmm... so that's what yáll PMed about.. okay..

My opinion: I guess I can agree with the ban on registrations... If we remove members from the clan, I would like to keep the cap at maybe 15, in which case, should be raised by 5's as the other clans get more members.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Charon

We're temporarily closing signups because Venus is the only active clan at the moment. Mars and Mercury have pretty much nothing going on. Jupiter isn't so bad but it could still use the membership.

There's no real "limit" but as one can see from the stats Venus has far more members than anyone else.

For your convinience, here's the stats:
Administrator  2
Global Moderator  1
Angel  0
Champion  0
Cleric  1
Community Project Artist  1
Community Project Coder  0
Community Project Leader  1
Community Project Writer  1
Forum Member  36 
Gallant  1 
Jupiter Adept  6 
Magister  1 
Mars Adept  5
Mercury Adept  8
Slayer  0
Sorcerer  1 
Venus Adept  16 
Warrior  0
Note: Moderators are different from most membergroups. Each clan has 3 individual ranks, all of which are borrowed from Golden Sun's classes (so Sorcerer is Jupiter, Warrior is Mars ect.)

You screwed up again, I cannot see the Venus Clan forum. :(

So, I'm going to sort this all out.

QuoteAdministrator  2
Global Moderator  1
Okay...

QuoteAngel  0
Champion  0
Magister  1 
Slayer  0
Not exactly sure what these are about.

QuoteCommunity Project Artist  1
Community Project Coder  0
Community Project Leader  1
Community Project Writer  1
Cool again.
QuoteForum Member  36 
So we have 36 forum members... Small number.

QuoteJupiter Adept  6 
Sorcerer  1 

Mars Adept  5
Warrior  0

Mercury Adept  8
Cleric  1

Venus Adept  16 
Gallant  1 

Those seem to be the Clan related groups.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Though technically, there should be a Warrior now (since it looks like Mars has a leader). I think we also have a second Gallant now. Of course, that list was made before both promotions, so I can see why it has not been updated yet.

Oh yeah, these classes:

QuoteAngel  0
Champion  0
Magister  1 
Slayer  0

Are the promoted versions of what we already know about, right?

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

The forum member group is a just a duplicate of the default group used for simplifying permission settings.  It's only given to people that also have a special user group.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

leaf

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 03, November, 2010, 09:57:06 AM
We're temporarily closing signups because Venus is the only active clan at the moment. Mars and Mercury have pretty much nothing going on. Jupiter isn't so bad but it could still use the membership.
...jupiter has activity? Are you sure we're talking about the same clan here?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: charleysdrpepper on 04, November, 2010, 06:01:36 PM
You screwed up again, I cannot see the Venus Clan forum. :(
fix'd.

Thanks. Also, thanks for giving me the second Venus Djinni, I'll make good use of it! :) (See the two Venus djinn to the left, they look adoreable.)

Venus-shipping/Djinnshipping.

Edit:

Q: Is that what leaders get if they are in no other groups?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Charon

The 2 djinn are actually just an indication of your rank. Once you become a Slayer, you'll have three venus djinn.

Rockisftw

If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Shinigami

I'm sorry, but this is the only place that I could think of where to post this.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what the entire clan thing is about? In loads of detail? I've just read through the entire 8 pages in this topic and none of it made any sense to me...
Sorry for taking up space here
So nanoka~

Charon

To put it briefly, they're essentially 4 clubs, one associated to each element. Members congregate in these clubs, but they can only join one clan. There they discuss anything they want to. They also have a "clan commons" area that allows clan members to discuss inter-clan relationships.

Shinigami

in that case...

:Jupiter: (jupiter) please :happy:
So nanoka~

ScottTheAdept

It's a good thing I found this!

I would very much like to join the Mars :Mars: clan.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Frog

Oh wow didn't know this was here...

Anyways, Jupiter please!  :Jupiter:
Not on too often, but I'm still here!