News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Uh, hello there. ^ ^;

Started by Shibuyah, 11, June, 2010, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibuyah

Hello there everyone, my name is Colin--but you can just call me by my username. ^ ^;
So, I'm a pixel-artist, mainly excelling at Tales style, but I enjoy fooling around with other styles. :3

I joined this forum for two reasons, being that I'd love to watch the progress on the hacking utility, and also to discuss Golden Sun, and show you some of my sprites.(Okay, that's three reasons. :Sweat:)

But anyway, I'm glad to meet all of you. :happy:
Avatar made by Ethlin on the Tales forum.

Salanewt

Hello Shibuyah! Welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community! As long as you follow the rules, you will be sure to have fun here.

Pixel-artist, huh? I think I would be interested in seeing some of your sprites.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Shibuyah? Isn't that a place in Japan?

Uhhh, H-h-h-hi.... =^.^=

And I would love to see some of your sprites =^.^=

Shibuyah

@Salanewt:
Thanks, I'll do my best to follow them. :3
Sure thing about the sprites, I'll set up a topic--as soon as I know where to put it that is. ^ ^;

@MageDarkNero:It is actually, but without the h in it.
To be honest, I pulled that off the top of my head years ago, thinking I had made it up. ...Then I find out it's a place in Japan--funny how that worked out, isn't it? X3

But sure, in fact, I'll show you guys a couple of them until I can get the topic made.

...Not sure if anyone will recognize them, but... :heart:

Salanewt

They seem interesting enough, but I don't recognize them, sorry. If you want to make a topic, the Creative Works Gallery would be the best forum to post them in.

You are welcome.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Shibuyah

@Salanewt:
They're both from an old-ish cartoon called Swat Kats--Chance is the big tabby, and Jake is the slim brown one.

And thanks Salanewt, I'll go set the topic there soon. :3

RTGreece21

Welcome to the community, Shibuya ^^ i have been experimenting with speites myself a bit, but im new at it. could you look towards the bottom of the page on http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=604.30 and let me know what you think?

also, im sure ive seen something similar to those cats, but i didnt know what they were from XD in any case, i bet you would be pretty good at making battle animations and whatnot for monsters. ^^ cant wait to see what you end up contributing. who knows, maybe we'll learn from each other ^^~
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Rolina

Oh, hi there.  Welcome to the forums.

Hm?  What's that?  What am I doing to this person?  Well, you see, I'm a Miracle Member.  Sanae here is a self-proclaimed Goddess of Miracles.  And I hate Sanae with the passion of a thousand burning sunsClearly one of us has to die.  So I'm killing her.  You need not worry, though, I don't plan on doing this to anyone else at the moment.

Of course, go anywhere near my flower garden and you're dead.  But so long as you keep that in mind, and follow the rules, you should have no problems here.  Heck, you can even join in on the Sanae torture if you wish...

Atrius (He/Him)

That's some nice sprite work you've got there.  Welcome to forums, I hope you'll enjoy your time here!
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Shibuyah

@Role:
Thanks, I'm enjoying it so far. As for the flowers, no need to worry--I like looking at flowers, so that'd probably be the most I do if that's okay with you. 'w';

@Atrius:
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I'm actually considering attempting Golden Sun style if I can, I'm just a little worried how the colors would work out, since they look a little 3D-ish. ^ ^;

Rolina

Hmm... did you make those sprites from scratch?

Atrius (He/Him)

Right, the sprites for Kari that I made are renders of a 3D model, it seems like the best way to get the right style.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Yeah, I was thinking I'd have them make battle sprites for one of the submitted characters (one with art, of their choice).  They only have to do one weapon, but I want the Idle, Attacking, and Casting animations done.  If they do well enough, I'll have them be made a CH Artist.

Shibuyah

@Role:
As it so happens, I did--I do admit that Jake's hands are recycled from a different character I had made, but that was because they were giving me so much trouble. < <;

@Atrius:
Wow, really? If you hadn't told me that, I wouldn't have known. ' ';
How hard was that to do though? :o

Atrius (He/Him)

Well, I went to school for digital animation for a little while, and since you're rendering them so small the model doesn't have to be particularly detailed at all.  It wasn't too terribly difficult.

What's more, when it's time to make the character face other directions all you have to do is rotate the model, it's probably easier than actually spriting it all pixel by pixel.

Shibuyah

@Atrius:
Wow...I'm not sure I'd do so well with it since I've never learned anything about Modeling.
I'll probably try by pixel, but it might wind up looking more animated than the normal style. ^ ^;
But thanks for the info Atrius, it's interesting to know how you can do it that way. :3

Aile~♥

OMGsauce, a new member! /late

Kirby--> (>^.^)>o <--cookie

Anywho, ohai.

Stay awhile, do stuff, and whatnot.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

You're doing it wrong, Jamie.  That Kirby's not made of yarn!

Aile~♥

Yeah yeah, I know I'mdoinitrong. Who cares?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

Woah, forgot to say hi!

Welcome!