News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

RTSSH21's artwork

Started by RTGreece21, 29, April, 2010, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTGreece21

However you say it, I am glad you approve. We will begin the digital version on Wednesday, as we will probably not have much time until then.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Aile~♥

Yeah, sorry about that. It's not like I could ask for anything better though. I mean, you're doing this kind of quality art... for free!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

RTGreece21

Last I checked, this art was not proffessional quality, and a person should contribute to their interests in free will.
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Aile~♥

In that case, I'd say you probably haven't checked!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

RTGreece21

... you have cause me to recal something. You may be right, so I should not argue with you until I know that I can not be proven wrong.

Atrius (He/Him)

It is of excellent quality, the clothing folds in particular look expertly done, although... The perspective on her left foot still looks off to me...  I see what you're doing with it tilted so the back part is off the ground, but looking at the perspective of her other foot, and how straight the upper part that leg is, it seems like the foot should be placed further back.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Quote from: RTSSH21 on 03, May, 2010, 01:01:07 AM
Last I checked, this art was not proffessional quality, and a person should contribute to their interests in free will.
When was the last time you looked at your own art?!  Why have you not finished your artist application yet?

...Meh.  Hey, Sala, wanna skip formalities here?  Their skills are quite apparent.

RTGreece21

Quote from: Atrius on 03, May, 2010, 02:01:38 AM
It is of excellent quality, the clothing folds in particular look expertly done, although... The perspective on her left foot still looks off to me...  I see what you're doing with it tilted so the back part is off the ground, but looking at the perspective of her other foot, and how straight the upper part that leg is, it seems like the foot should be placed further back.
Once again, I naturally suck at drawing feet, but I will do my best to improve.

Quote from: Role on 03, May, 2010, 08:07:29 AM
When was the last time you looked at your own art?!  Why have you not finished your artist application yet?

...Meh.  Hey, Sala, wanna skip formalities here?  Their skills are quite apparent.
Wasn't the application to draw one of the characters that had no art? This is my application... Now that I have a design that has been approved, I may begin the digital colour. You guys can sure make a person embarrassed! You are all giving me too much credit... There are still so many flaws in it...

Rolina

The fact that you view that as flawed shows how good you are.  We can't tell.  Anywho, I can't wait to see these colored.  If Sala agrees, we'll get Atrius to promote you.

Salanewt

I wouldn't mind seeing some spritework first, but I agree with Role that you should be an artist for the community project. In fact, I think I would be upset if you don't manage to become one.

As for your drawings... They look good to me. I do see flaws, but it takes a talented artist to see their flaws.

So, I think there are at least two votes for you to come in, any others (though I hardly see the need for any others)?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

RTGreece21

Quote from: Role on 03, May, 2010, 11:27:11 AM
The fact that you view that as flawed shows how good you are.  We can't tell.  Anywho, I can't wait to see these colored.  If Sala agrees, we'll get Atrius to promote you.
You are wrong. I have friends that can pick out all of their mistakes, but have trouble drawing anywhere near Atrius's level. The only reason I am even a bit good at art is because It's all I can do. I don't have any reason to do much else. If your body drew 4-12 pictures a day, you would agree.

Quote from: Salanewt on 03, May, 2010, 11:33:37 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some spritework first, but I agree with Role that you should be an artist for the community project. In fact, I think I would be upset if you don't manage to become one.
How about this, Sala. I'll make the sprites for the character I'm planning on making after I finish Tiria's drawing. If you would like, you could put me down as a concept artist until I supply all of you with an example of some sprites.That way, I will still technically be an artist, but something like an apprentice as I learn how to make my skills useful here. This will give me time to look around and re-find what sizes and all the different angles that I will have to make for the sprites.

Also (mostly for those who were curious) the topic of whether all my personalities were good at art came up. The answer is no, and I have decided to post an example here for all of you. not all of the personalities can use the body quite proprly... so anyway, here is one of Kotarou's drawings.

Atrius (He/Him)

Then it's decided, the community project officially has a new artist.

Quote from: RTSSH21 on 03, May, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: Role on 03, May, 2010, 11:27:11 AM
You are wrong. I have friends that can pick out all of their mistakes, but have trouble drawing anywhere near Atrius's level. The only reason I am even a bit good at art is because It's all I can do. I don't have any reason to do much else. If your body drew 4-12 pictures a day, you would agree.

My level?  Are you trying to say they're even less than mediocre?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

Quote from: Atrius on 03, May, 2010, 05:22:03 PM
My level?  Are you trying to say they're even less than mediocre?

No, silly. I quite enjoy your art. Your drawings have emotions to them, and everything is well portraid. I am just saying that there is far worse than you out there who realize their mistakes; therefore meaning that noticing my mistakes doesn't make me a better artist at all. It's what I do about my mistakes that makes me improve.

RTGreece21

okay, well, the feet sucked so much, i had to do an intesive 6 hour study on them to make up for it. Here is some of the stuff I did during that time.

RTGreece21

I was bored in class, so Sodde Kai made a pencil crayon-coloured version XD Anyways, here it is.

MaxiPower

impressive, and the picture before of the feet... awesome

RTGreece21

Salanewt

Oh yeah, the boots look much better now. I think you have outdone yourself on this artwork. The shoes have been fixed, and she still looks like she is standing in a comfortable position... Excellent!

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

RTGreece21

lol thanks, but we didnt change the feet from the last outline that much at all ^^;

Salanewt

Yeah, but the colours and the fact that there is slightly more shading makes it look like her ankle is normal looking.

Still though, she looks pretty good... I wish I could draw in a similar style as yours. If I ever decide to upload an image myself, I can show you what I mean by the different style.

Have a nice day.