News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn!

Started by Charon, 15, June, 2010, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

There's quite a bit of discussion going on about the name since it doesn't use the regular Japanese spelling for Harmony.  Other proposed possibilities include Harmany, Hermoine, and Halmarny.  Not to say that it couldn't be completely changed for the English version anyway, Robin, Gerald, Mary, Garcia, Jasmine, and Picard anyone?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

It might be changed completely as well, like I *hope* with Crown.

Also, pics anyone? The school blocks Youtube.

leaf

Yay hand psys in combat, and it looks like a lot of new ones, too.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Know of a nico link, Atrius?  I highly doubt her school knows of Nico Nico Douga.

Aile~♥

For one thing, Pound in battle = WANT.

For another thing: "Ice Tornado!"

Anyone who's every played a Tales game should know which move in the trailer I refer to.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

No, Role, but Dark Dawn's official site has a silhouette of them, appears to be Male best I can tell.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

You are probably right. As for Crown, I still think that she looks like a female. I mean, she has a pink staff, similar hair to Sheba's, and she also wears similar boots. Aside from the glasses, her wardrobe consists mostly of what I could see Sheba wearing (albeit a bit more blue in colour). I noticed that female characters in the Golden Sun games tend to have smaller feet with either pointy shoes or just more narrow, the only male character following this rule so far is Ivan. Of course, at the time of the game, Ivan was a bit younger (youngest of them all at 14), so I would say that he is allowed to wear smaller shoes before growing into a larger pair.

And for the new character... Cool. Personally though, I am starting to dislike the way he looks.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

the new character who im assuming is Felix's son, looks badass, i was beginning to lose hope for a cool character after Crown and this Harmony character

:Felix: For the win

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 16, September, 2010, 05:50:20 AM
No, Role, but Dark Dawn's official site has a silhouette of them, appears to be Male best I can tell.
I dunno, that may not be them.  Besides, Harmony is a female name, so... Could very well be another character (I'm hoping Jupiter).  We'll just have to keep an eye on it to see who they are.  Either way, here's hoping that the Melee/Mage setup is reversed.  We need that Venus Mage and Jupiter Melee character... let's just hope that they approach classes more intelligently, since we apparently really are getting a Mercury Fighter.  Please don't make them suffer from Piers Syndrome.

Rolina

MaxiPower

game is looking pretty sweet,

I would prefer to know asap if we are getting of Angara and traveling the full world. Im confident we are but meh, would like to know it now

Atrius (He/Him)

3 new character silhouettes on the website.

New party member seems female, yet something seems different about her...

The other 2 are beside the antagonists under a different heading, powerful comrades that support the adventure or something like that...  They almost look familiar, but that one on the right it couldn't be...

Griever

Yah the new party member have claws meaning a beast woman or her weapon will be a claw (i know we don't have claws as weapons for party members). And I'm guessing she will be a Jupiter adept ..... or maybe Venus ...

Why do they always make Proxians antagonists?  :Sweat:

Hoopa

I'm taking a wild guess that the first silhouette is that guy in the blue over coat in the trailer (I still think it's Isaac), and Kraden is the next silhouette. As for the new party member... a werewolf from Garoh joins the party? She'll probably be a jupiter adept... which will be interesting to see.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

everytime i look at the 2nd unknown character i see female written on it, but when someone mentioned Kraden, yea, quite possibly, whilst one side of me wanted him to be dead as he was really old in GS1/2, but meh, i eouldnt mind seeing him again (i for one didnt mind his talking)

i doubt he would be fit for doing much traveling now tho

Rolina

There's arguments that the new character may be a werewolf, claiming that she also has the Jovian slot on the second party positioning.  I, however, say it's too early to tell, AND that it's probably just having the characters centered on the screen. I'm hoping for a martial artist myself, though.

Atrius (He/Him)

I think it's the pointy fingers & ears that give rise to those rumors, true Proxians also have pointy ears, but they're a bit differently shaped.  Since Garoh, and Airs Rock are the only werewolves known of in Weyard right now, it's natural to make the Jupiter link.  We shall see, but I'm with them.

Atrius (He/Him)

[spoiler=sensitive people that don't want to know what even a pre-release trailer shows about the game, who should avoid watching it's commercials]Lots of interesting new footage in this trailer.  Is that our new pointy eared companion I spot in several places?  She's looking less beastly than many had thought, but she still seems to manage to do some considerable damage with her bare hands.  Early translation of name: Stella

Also: Epic Garet-stache at 0:22[/spoiler]

Mion Sonozaki

Am I the only one who thinks it has a chrono trigger feel to it now? I mean, don't tell me near the end it didn't look like Zeal. That is awesome!

Salanewt

For the past few months, it has given me a strange feeling. From what I am willing to watch and read (all of that post I ignored because I want some surprises), I mostly think that it has nothing to do with Golden Sun at all. Of course, a small demo of the world map would likely make me change my mind.

Also, from what I see in the sliver of a character near the bottom, they almost look like they are Jupiter? No, I shan't look anymore!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?