News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: The Lost Age Editor V0.4 Released

Started by Atrius, 30, June, 2011, 08:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Version 0.4

[Download Link]
Version 0.4, June 30, 2011 (1.37 MB .zip)

Some of the changes from v0.3
- Artifact editor
- Shop editor
- Innate Ability editing added to party member editor (Only compatible with TLA)
- Ability animations now identified by names of abilities that use them
- Preview pane added to Ability Animation selector (Only compatible with TLA)
- Function call detector added to NPC editor (Allows easy editing of shop & dialogue data called in ASM scripts of NPCs, only compatible with English TLA)
- Improvements to Sprite viewer (You can now view all the sprites in a sprite set)
- Compression efficiency improved
- Improvements to data location detection methods (Slight speed up of loading ROMs)
- Some very basic compatibility with NitroROM filesystem (.NDS files)
- Bug Fixes
-- Error reading byte in map editor
-- Leak in data repointer fixed
-- String mismatches on foreign language versions (Most notably Japanese)
-- "*Crashes Game*" labels on ability animations offset by 1 slot
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

FelixWolf

dwkjohn

WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Thank you Atrius. just in time for me to get off work, relax, and hack away. yeah!
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Rolina

And to think that I asked just an hour or two ago how close we were to a release.  Anywho, time to fiddle!

Edit:  BLARG!  Still can't run it straight from the start menu!

I get this error message:

for object obj_editor_sys:

Cannot locate string: title

Edit2:  Darn, still can't use the Marquis class.  Can't wait until the compression tables are fixed for that.

Atrius (He/Him)

The shortcut to the editor problem has been frustrating me for a long time...

[Version 0.4 Fix 1]  I've also replaced the regular v0.4 link with the fixed version, to verify if have the latest version check the  "Help" > "About" section of the editor, the version should read "Version 0.4 fix 1"

Contains bug fixes:
- Fails to open some ROM files with no error message displayed
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

First of many bugfixes to come, I bet.  If the last one's any indication, as we find bugs, they'll get fixed.

Atrius (He/Him)

I only put high priority on program breaking bugs, like not being able to open files or see sprites at all.  For smaller bugs I'll wait to bundle a bunch together before I release a fix version.

Rolina

Well, that's why we're going to be testing it.  There's not as many things in this one, so I'll be able to test it a bit better.

I do want to check something, though - is there a way to determine which items go in which shop type, or is that hard coded?  It'd be nice if I could test a psynergy shop out, but if I can't fuse the two equipment shops I'm kinda screwed there...

Atrius (He/Him)

I haven't tested it, but I would think it's based on the item type setting for the item (Value in top-right corner of item editor)

Rolina

If it's just Weapons for weapons, and the seven or so armor types for armor, and we can't change that... that's gonna suck.  It'll really limit what we can do and test.

Griever

Wah, v0.4 along with a fix .. Nice
Thanks Atrius.

MaxiPower

Salanewt

Hooray, thanks for the new release Atrius! With the new fix, everything should work very well for us now.

Role: Ah, but the General Shop might work, I think. I will do a quick test with a Psynergy bestowing item later. If that works, then we can make some of the Item Shops into General Shops, being easier than doing it the other way around.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

General shops contain all shop types.  They don't specialize in any type, they generalize instead.  Basically, General means "All of the Above".  Item shops can work in a pinch, but ideally what we'd want to do, if limited to 3 types and the catch all, is to combine the weapon and armor shops.  As I said above, Armor shops very rarely ever contain new artifact armor, and the selection of common stuff is never really big, so it'd be easy to combine... as long as the editor/code lets us.  If it's hard coded and requires an ASM editor, we're SOL.

FelixWolf

i just don't understand this two things:
1.- It doesn't open the files when the extensions is in caps: .GBA
2.- when i go to patch it says that only in the english version but i have the english version :S

ScottTheAdept

I have no intention of being a nuisance, but is using a fresh rom to hack mandatory? Because as i said in error reports, if you open a rom that has already been edited before with v0.3, with the v0.4 editor and fiddle with it, if you attempt afterwards to open said rom in VBA, it decides to give you a black screen. I apologize if it is only happening to me and i am just spouting personal issues.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Atrius (He/Him)

1.- It doesn't open the files when the extensions is in caps: .GBA

Quote from: Atrius on 01, July, 2011, 01:51:56 AM
The shortcut to the editor problem has been frustrating me for a long time...

[Version 0.4 Fix 1]  I've also replaced the regular v0.4 link with the fixed version, to verify if have the latest version check the  "Help" > "About" section of the editor, the version should read "Version 0.4 fix 1"

Contains bug fixes:
- Fails to open some ROM files with no error message displayed

2.- when i go to patch it says that only in the english version but i have the english version :S

Does it just say English version?  It should say "english version of The Lost Age" meaning they also don't work for the original Golden Sun.

Quote from: ScottTheAdept on 01, July, 2011, 03:05:29 PM
I have no intention of being a nuisance, but is using a fresh rom to hack mandatory? Because as i said in error reports, if you open a rom that has already been edited before with v0.3, with the v0.4 editor and fiddle with it, if you attempt afterwards to open said rom in VBA, it decides to give you a black screen. I apologize if it is only happening to me and i am just spouting personal issues.

Only to create patch files.  Also, as I said in error reports, post a patch there of your hack because that's not supposed to happen.

ScottTheAdept

Alright. I want it down as soon as you get it though k? It is in the alpha stages and terribly needs to be revised.

Spook

Oh wow, this is great! Keep up the good work Atrius!
SHAZAM

ScottTheAdept

I dunno if it was supposed to be there but it's now in the downloads section. If it's not supposed to be there, it should be removed. (Heck remove it anyway.)